Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Castle of Elite  (Read 1389 times)

Castle of Elite
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:07:07 pm »
I know I've reposted this a dozen of times already, but it really deserves to be noticed. It's made by Ultimortal, an old ZFGC member.

This puzzle game is controlled with the keyboard and mouse - the keyboard moves the character, while the mouse is used to place and destroy bricks. The first set of levels are built as tutorials, to ease you into the game one step at a time, and the help file tells you everything that the tutorials don't. The game has over 50 levels of increasing difficulty, and there is also a user-friendly level editor where you can create, edit and play your own levels. Thanks to Pug Fugly for the wonderful music used in the game!

The game creates a file called castlesave.sav in the same directory as the game. A special file is also created for every custom level you build.

This is honestly one of the best "home-made" games I've ever played, the design is spot on, and while the music does get kind of repetive, it really blends with the game. It's also one of the hardest games I've ever played. Hell, I have only beat one level on the hardest difficulty. ;) (I could just suck though).

Go here for the download: http://www.remar.se/daniel/castle.php
Please don't read the spoiler guide. It'll ruin the game for you.

The game has also been awarded "Staff's Choice" over at YoYo games.
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/7451

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: Castle of Elite
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:49:56 pm »
  • b e p i s
Bumping for truth. I played this years ago, it's freaking awesome :D
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:35:01 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Man, I remember when a whole bunch of us were posting images of our progress.

I really liked this game because the puzzles were brilliant. In the harder levels, you couldn't solve them by logic alone or by trial & error alone, you had to use a combination of each.

By the way, Ultimortal's IJI was released a couple weeks ago. It was started over 4 years ago and some early demos were posted here.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 01:16:16 am »
Honestly, I remember this game. For some reason, under a different name, but the screenshots look very familiar. I'll have to play it for the nostalgia factor.

D-Pad

A.K.A. Gyrowolf
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 04:08:26 am »
Good game, I played a bit of it yesterday. It's creative games like this that make me not so mad about not being able to afford retail games. As long as games like these keep poppin' up, I can easily pass the time between Zeldas. =D
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 08:15:40 am »
  • alastair

By the way, Ultimortal's IJI was released a couple weeks ago. It was started over 4 years ago and some early demos were posted here.
Yeah I remember him posting those demos, really good fun game  :D
  • alastair

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 03:56:32 am »
  • With a Capital G
On a funny note, Spiff (Ultimortal) kept releasing updates well after the first official release because people kept finding alternate solutions, and he was so strict about having just one per level.

I beat the Electric level by pulling off an insane move: jump from top to bottom, grab a piece along the way, place it before you land. It shocked him and he promptly edited the level to prevent it. :P And the level in the screenshots, Vertigo, was the hardest and most satisfying solve for me, then it turned out somebody beat it with blocks left over.  :o

Yeah I remember him posting those demos, really good fun game  :D
Indeed, it's exceeded all expectations, even those of the playtesters. Well worth the download. For more info I wrote a Promotional Preview....... here.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 10:09:28 pm »
On a funny note, Spiff (Ultimortal) kept releasing updates well after the first official release because people kept finding alternate solutions, and he was so strict about having just one per level.

I beat the Electric level by pulling off an insane move: jump from top to bottom, grab a piece along the way, place it before you land. It shocked him and he promptly edited the level to prevent it. :P And the level in the screenshots, Vertigo, was the hardest and most satisfying solve for me, then it turned out somebody beat it with blocks left over.  :o

I also did that on Electric. :) I guess I have an old version, because I just recently beat the level.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 04:47:51 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
This game is really fun and addictive.
The majority of the levels are too hard for me though >.<
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 53 queries.

anything