Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can anyone not like the band Tool?  (Read 3495 times)

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
Re: How can anyone not like the band Tool?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 05:57:06 am »
  • With a Capital G
The only thing that comes close is Puscifer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJvvxEs1_pE
Yes, that's the guy who wrote "Wings For Marie". (Language warning)

I'm assuming you listened to schism and stopped listening... because their songs are average size bro <_<;; Theres only a couple that exceed like 5 minutes.

IIRC there isn't a single song on 10,000 Days that's under 5 minutes. Excluding the intermission and intro tracks, they average about 6 to 12 minutes. But they go by quickly, whatever repetition there might be feels natural and goes pretty unnoticed because of how their songs develop through that time. For example Vicarious is one of the rare Tool songs to have a chorus, and it's only heard 3 times in 7+ minutes, and sung differently each time because the song keeps taking the listener different places.

they have no 'front man'.

That's pretty true, I saw them in concert last year and the singer stayed at the back of the stage the whole time.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 06:01:42 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
The only thing that comes close is Puscifer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJvvxEs1_pE
Yes, that's the guy who wrote "Wings For Marie". (Language warning)

I'm assuming you listened to schism and stopped listening... because their songs are average size bro <_<;; Theres only a couple that exceed like 5 minutes.

IIRC there isn't a single song on 10,000 Days that's under 5 minutes. Excluding the intermission and intro tracks, they average about 6 to 12 minutes. But they go by quickly, whatever repetition there might be feels natural and goes pretty unnoticed because of how their songs develop through that time. For example Vicarious is one of the rare Tool songs to have a chorus, and it's only heard 3 times in 7+ minutes, and sung differently each time because the song keeps taking the listener different places.

they have no 'front man'.

That's pretty true, I saw them in concert last year and the singer stayed at the back of the stage the whole time.

10,000 days is new tool though; little different from the stuff I'm referencing :P
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 07:42:30 pm »
Well obviously some people do not like Band tool because it's not their taste. But I know it's hard to imagine when you like it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 40 queries.