Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn Tempest  (Read 2065 times)

Autumn Tempest
« on: October 06, 2008, 10:51:45 pm »
Well it's fall again and this time generally has so many emotions I just *have* to write a song about it. Take a listen, C&C is welcome.

Autumn Tempest: http://www.box.net/shared/pc77504dr9

Forgot to mention, this is written, played by, and recorded live by myself. I'm still learning in regards to miking and post processing a piano though, so sorry if the quality's not amazing...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 05:41:15 am by Q.K. »
Re: Autumn Tempest
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:19:56 pm »
That was really nice, to me it was a throwback to some of your earlier pieces in a way.

Edit: Haha, you edited before I refreshed. You can really play piano well O_O.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 12:38:19 am »
http://www.box.net/shared/pc77504dr9

New version, retouched a few things. Quality of processing should be better this time around. No more comments? :p
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 05:41:27 am by Q.K. »
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 11:13:07 pm »
That's a quite good song.

At first I noticed the lack of "special effects" you usually put in your pieces, but it seems it's because you recorded it live, isn't it?
In my opinion, some parts of the song are too silenced; makes it sounds like just a "rain", and only become a real "tempest" at 01:30~2:00; maybe it would be nice if you added more notes along the song to symbolize the numerous drops hitting the ground?

By the way, very nice effect with the double notes. This song has a very good harmony.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:43:04 am by sjegtp »
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 12:51:46 am »
Yeah I took any special effects out because I just wanted a solo piano piece. I dunno, it didn't seem fitting to put anything more than just this in.

As for the other comment about just being a 'rain' not a 'tempest' to get technical a tempest refers more to wind so the silenced parts symbolize more of a cool autumn breeze at first which grows into a heavier flurry of falling leaves. Either interpretation works I guess but I'm not sure if I'll add more notes to it... I think it's a very simple piece right now and that was on purpose. Like the previous thing with no effects added I think doing anything past this point would only make things busy.

That said I still really appreciate the comments :p gets me thinking about things I could do or could have done if I wanted to change the mood a bit.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 09:03:05 pm »
As for the other comment about just being a 'rain' not a 'tempest' to get technical a tempest refers more to wind so the silenced parts symbolize more of a cool autumn breeze at first which grows into a heavier flurry of falling leaves.
I see what you mean. I was thinking of a "rain" tempest when I first saw it :P Now it makes more sense.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 09:28:37 pm »
  • Minalien
And you do it again, QK

<3
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 06:42:43 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
That was a very nice, simple, well written piece.

Maybe it was just me, but the timing felt off in some parts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 51 queries.

anything