Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ayn Rand  (Read 742 times)

Ayn Rand
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:13:42 am »
I recently read a book that I can safely say has changed and will continue to change my entire life. The book is called The Fountainhead, and is written by the controversial author Ayn Rand. The novel is a symphony of triumph, a monument to achievement and the human spirit. It is the best book I've read and the most powerful work of art I've ever experienced.

I am also currently enjoying Rand's following work, Atlas Shrugged. Atlas Shrugged takes the ideas presented in The Fountainhead and apply them on a large scale, creating a fascinating look at a society gone wrong: a society where parasitic regulation leads the immovable movers of the world to disappear one by one, with the entire civilization crumbling as a result.

I'm not writing this post simply to inform people about some good books I've read. I want to know if anyone else has read these novels and feels as I do about them. If these books have changed the lives of anyone else. I want to find people in this world like Howard Roark and Henry Rearden. Has anyone here read these novels or any of Ayn Rand's works and found them to be some of the most amazing achievements of the last century?

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
Re: Ayn Rand
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 11:07:36 am »
  • With a Capital G
I have NOT read anything by Ayn Rand but I've been meaning to. Reading always slips off my mental list of priorities.

From what I've heard her work is very profound and I'll take into account that you consider her novels amazing works of art, but I've also heard a lot of "way overrated" and "crap" though I'm betting those people were just hung up on the objectivism views or just jerking their knees at atheistic sentiments..

But anyway I've wanted to start reading more, so thank you for the post.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: Ayn Rand
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:20:23 pm »
  • b e p i s
Unfortunately no...Ayn Rand is one of the many great authors I have not yet read.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 41 queries.

anything