Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Was the TP good or bad?

5/5, Simply incredible.
- 3 (7.7%)
4/5, Excellent, great game.
- 18 (46.2%)
3/5, Not the best, not the worst.
- 11 (28.2%)
2/5, Not at all worth the hype.
- 4 (10.3%)
1/5, Terrible. Disgusting.
- 3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Twilight Princess  (Read 2737 times)

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
The Twilight Princess
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:55:55 am »
I've heard a lot of stories, people who hate it, and people who couldn't imagine life without it. I want to know your opinion. This is not a conflict-based poll, I just want to know how people feel about it. I, personally, liked it. I feel that some parts of the game were pointless and flat-out rediculous, but overall, the game was good. 4/5.
  • eyeCube Productions
Re: The Twilight Princess
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:59:48 am »
4/5

some parts of the game were pointless and flat-out rediculous, but overall, the game was good. 4/5.

That about sums it up. Although I did replay the full game a few times still.
the a o d c
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:18 am »
Good game

4/5

midna is naked

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:45 am »
A portion of the game to me felt like it was piggy-backing on the nostalgia of Ocarina of Time, but even that was alright as the areas from Ocarina of Time to which comparisons could be drawn showed the grandness of the new game. However, the mirroring of the map on the Wii-version was unnecessary in my opinion and confused the hell out of me. I get it that Link is a left-handed hero, but really, the game took a little longer to complete because I would go left instead of right.

There are parts of it I liked; particularly the aforementioned grandness and some of the puzzle elements. I really liked the Temple of Time level. I kind of wish that I would have gotten the Game Cube version though because as fun as it is, the Wii controls get boring and repetitive after a while; arguably that is all standard controls are, but at least I can use them when I am tired. The story near the end progressed too quickly though.

The game was good. It did not fully live up to the hype, but it was alright.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 08:52:30 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Didn't live up to the hype. When they said "Overworld is so big you'd be crazy not to use epona!" was an over-statement. In terms of a Zelda game, it stayed true.

3/5.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 10:58:18 am »
  • With a Capital G
4/5 is only 8/10, so I'd rate it much higher. Rounded up my 4.7/5 and voted 5/5, but can't say "Best of All Times".

I absolutely loved playing Twilight Princess, and all the statements and facts about it not living up to the hype didn't bother me at all. Except a few little things did feel like a constant nag. Possible spoilers (hey, it took me 1½ years to get the game, maybe others still haven't).

1. It actually has less dungeons than OOT when they alluded to having at least as many. Not that I feel ripped off, it just made the flow a bit confusing.
2. "City in the Sky" was a joke - good dungeon, but THAT's the entire city? Same with the Twilight Realm later on.
3. It babied me a bit too much. That was the ONLY Zelda game where I found every heart piece and bottle without a guide. And Shad shouldn't have put the statue locations on your map, because that part could have been a decent side-quest; it's almost impossible to play without seeing at least a couple of them before that point, and a simple talking/hint system would have kept the rest from being tedious.
4. A couple tiny details that I thought were done better on N64, but they're insignificant enough that I can't remember them right now.

All things considered, that's a VERY small number of complaints from me for a ~50 hour game.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 11:33:16 am »
3/5 Maybe if the second half of the game seemed less rushed it would have scored higher. :huh:
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 04:00:56 pm »
4/5

The puzzles, the dungeons were great; the graphics, sounds and gameplay were also excelent.

The only reason I won't say 5/5 is that the game is too easy. Most bosses could be defeated with a few strikes. I managed to defeat the final boss (all its 4 parts) at first try. And the dungeons could be a little more difficult too.
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 04:12:14 pm »
4/5

The puzzles, the dungeons were great; the graphics, sounds and gameplay were also excelent.

The only reason I won't say 5/5 is that the game is too easy. Most bosses could be defeated with a few strikes. I managed to defeat the final boss (all its 4 parts) at first try. And the dungeons could be a little more difficult too.

Yeah I feel pretty much the same way.
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 04:21:46 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I don't like to sound negative, but I really didn't like TP overall.  It's the only Zelda game I didn't finish more than once.  The fun-factor was severely lacking.

And I'm STILL disappointed that so much stuff from old trailers and screenshots was left out of the game.  Like the forest giant, and MOBLINS.  D:
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 04:53:05 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
4/5

some parts of the game were pointless and flat-out rediculous, but overall, the game was good. 4/5.

That about sums it up. Although I did replay the full game a few times still.

I thought it was great, but It would have been that little bit better if they'd added some of the stuff from the early trailers, like the moblin army etc.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 05:23:57 pm »
Well, that's a good thing that more people think it's good than bad. It definitely wasn't the greatest Zelda game of all time, but it was still a very fun game.

Oh, and the "5/5, Greatest game of all time" thing was a serious overstatement. The text means nothing. If you think it deserves a 5/5, give it one.
  • eyeCube Productions

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 12:00:26 am »
  • The Mike
I placed a vote for 3/5 but I would go between 3/5 and 4/5. It was a great game and did feel epic when I played through but after I played through it again, I could see some disappointment. Hopefully the next Zelda for Wii succeeds where this game didn't and beyond.

And I'm STILL disappointed that so much stuff from old trailers and screenshots was left out of the game.  Like the forest giant, and MOBLINS.  D:
Exactly.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 01:18:21 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
3/5

I usually exaggerate my negative feelings about the game for arguments sake.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 01:42:17 am »
  • :D
Meh.  To be honest, it was a well put-together game, but it wasn't... fun for me.  Not really at all.  WindWaker was MUCH better.

2.4/5

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 02:15:42 am »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS
3/5

Massively overhyped and Nintendo clearly sold out to change the entire ending for the sake of SELL MOAR WII.

I C'Z U

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 04:36:55 am »
  • Silly cat!
3/5

Massively overhyped and Nintendo clearly sold out to change the entire ending for the sake of SELL MOAR WII.
Just out of curiosity, how did the ending sell more Wii?

Hoffy.
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 04:40:37 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I don't know about the actual content of the game, but the decision to release the Wii version before the Gamecube version was certainly a ploy to sell Wiis.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 02:59:58 am »
  • With a Capital G
I don't know about the actual content of the game, but the decision to release the Wii version before the Gamecube version was certainly a ploy to sell Wiis.
But that's just smart business. Twilight and Wii sold nearly 1:1 for months, and they didn't hold back the GCN version for very long, like 2 weeks?

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 03:06:54 am »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS
It was over a month if memory serves.  GCN Twilight came out in December, not sure which the month the Wii came out.

I C'Z U
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 77 queries.

anything