Projects > Other Projects

Horn of Balance

<< < (3/333) > >>

Martijn dh:
Niek: Yes, I stumbled across that function some time ago.
Except during transitions only the instances in the current room are active. I thought about limiting this to the view but that has downsides. An enemy who is (just) outside of the view should still be able to act. For instance a guard shouldn't stop running after you if you don't see him. The guards movement is determined by it's interaction with the walls etc, so in the end all the instances in the room are vital.
Currently the entire dungeon room is 2560x3840 (divided in areas of 320x320 or multiples of that). The gamespeed is 30 f/s. So far this only drops during the transitions (slightly), while playing movies/music and after starting the game several times. Maybe there is still something to be won in the handling of graphics/sound/data, but that's just thinking out loud. First I want to check how the game acts normally.

Kremling: Thanks!

Colbydude:
Pretty good engine so far, good job. Although once I got to the room with the flying floor tiles I go this error.

--- Code: ---___________________________________________
ERROR in
action number 1
of Collision Event with object Dummy W8 H48 - 199
for object obj_Flying_Tile:

Error in code at line 3:
   instance_create(x-6,y-6,obj_Broken);

at position 26: Unknown variable obj_Broken

--- End code ---

Other than that everything's alright. And slow down doesn't occur when changing rooms either.

Martijn dh:
Good of you to show the message. I'm assuming this is an error that occurs every time a flying tile hits a wall. That would mean the demo was incomplete and it has already been fixed for the next demo. If I am wrong in my assumption, please let me know.

Thanks for your comments.

Colbydude:

--- Quote from: Martijn dh on March 22, 2009, 02:54:13 pm ---Good of you to show the message. I'm assuming this is an error that occurs every time a flying tile hits a wall. That would mean the demo was incomplete and it has already been fixed for the next demo. If I am wrong in my assumption, please let me know.

Thanks for your comments.

--- End quote ---

Can't remember exactly, but I believe it was whenever it hit Link, but I could be wrong. I also was wearing the Blue tunic while doing this, if that matters at all.

Martijn dh:
First of all some news on my progress. I found a new job, am starting another education and am looking for an new apartment. Needless to say I'm a little preoccupied with these things and free time is scarce. Expect a new demo no sooner then the end of the next month. I'm still working on it, but only after the rest has been done.

Now that that's out of the way. I have a question about your preference as a player. Should the contents of pots (and other container) be predetermined or should they (sometimes) be selected randomly? And with random I mean considering the items Link has already collected. So no arrows without a bow etc. Obviously special occasions like a boss fight requires predetermined contents. I hate to get an arrow when the boss demands bombs etc.

Think about it for a second. Predetermining means predictability but strategic placing. Random can be used to only get needed items, which may come of as unrealistic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version