Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TLOZ Spirit Tracks announced on DS [big pictures!]  (Read 24471 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: TLOZ Spirit Tacks announced on DS [big pictu...
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 07:11:12 am »
  • Silly cat!
Look at the screenshot

The castle in the background is HYRULE CASTLE. The Windwaker world was flooded Hyrule.

Oh that does look like the Hyrule Castle from WW. That would be such a lovely thing. :] I want the game to end with Hyrule flooding.
It's the story of the hero who failed... because he was to damn busy driving a train around all day.
OoT Link went fishing for 50 hours straight. Even with all that bludgin' he still managed to save the princess and save the world. This Link's got nothing to worry about. Save Hyrule? Too easy, we got all afternoon.

Hoffy.
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 07:35:21 am »
Considering that there are some kinds of tracks in Minish Cap (the cart ones) and that cell-shaded Link and Minish Cap Link are similar, it would be cool to see someone attempt to sprite the train in Minish Cap style. I just thought that would be neat, that's all.

This new game looks good but I probably won't get it. I am still looking to get the newest DS Castlevania game and as a college student with no job yet I have little money. I would also have to hear more about this game before I knew what I would be getting into upon purchase. Looks kind of fun though.
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 10:05:34 am »
Actually I like this idea. I think it is a fresh take for the series, not just "Wind Waker on land." Trains are cool, I love trains. TRAINS! I think this game will be fine, though I've come to dislike the Phantom Hourglass style because it isn't detailed enough, even if it is pretty. It just doesn't bring out the world of Hyrule. This game should be good, though.

What I am disappointed with, is that Nintendo announced a new Zelda game. I don't know why that bothers me, I was just hoping for a longer break.
Dude what's wrong with you? It took ages before Nintendo finally announced a new Zelda game again!

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2009, 11:32:10 am »
  • Silly cat!
Actually I like this idea. I think it is a fresh take for the series, not just "Wind Waker on land." Trains are cool, I love trains. TRAINS! I think this game will be fine, though I've come to dislike the Phantom Hourglass style because it isn't detailed enough, even if it is pretty. It just doesn't bring out the world of Hyrule. This game should be good, though.

What I am disappointed with, is that Nintendo announced a new Zelda game. I don't know why that bothers me, I was just hoping for a longer break.
Dude what's wrong with you? It took ages before Nintendo finally announced a new Zelda game again!
I don't want one, HB.

Zelda games don't seem like something to wait for and cherish anymore. There's been so many Zelda games come out since 2000, it's starting to seem like the Mario and Sonic franchises... Nintendo's just popping them out because they know they'll sell. Having so many Zelda games to play is just making the series go dry... it's losing it's magic. I always saw Zelda games as rewards for gamers, rewards for patience. While Zelda games are still fun to play, they're no longer held in the same esteem.

So yes, I want to wait ten !@#$% years before I go to Hyrule again. I'm retarded, I know.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:35:49 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.

gm112

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2009, 12:41:01 pm »

I don't want one, HB.

Zelda games don't seem like something to wait for and cherish anymore. There's been so many Zelda games come out since 2000, it's starting to seem like the Mario and Sonic franchises... Nintendo's just popping them out because they know they'll sell. Having so many Zelda games to play is just making the series go dry... it's losing it's magic. I always saw Zelda games as rewards for gamers, rewards for patience. While Zelda games are still fun to play, they're no longer held in the same esteem.

So yes, I want to wait ten !@#$% years before I go to Hyrule again. I'm retarded, I know.

I agree with you on this one, Hoffy. Zelda games gradually have been losing their sense of grip on the fanbase, and Miyamoto is an !@#$%. It's not just his fault; All of Nintendo is responsible for such a good franchise going "lol casual". Wind Waker back then was looked at badly by a number of people.. well, look at what it's becoming now. This is way worse than just "baww cartoon graphics". At least Wind Waker stuck true to the "Zelda feel" and progressed the storyline. Yes, I said it. Zelda does have a storyline if you count the games that seem to follow the OoT split-timeline theory. Phantom Hourglass was like Bug's Bunny's Birthday Blow Out. It starts off with a problem, and then ends in a very anti-climatic way. In Bug's Bunny's Birthday Blow Out all of the other cartoon characters were just pulling a prank on Bug's Bunny. In Phantom Hourglass the whole game itself was possible "a dream". How anti-climatic is that?! Wind Waker wasn't anti-climatic, it had the flooding of Hyrule, death of the last known King of Hyrule, and Link sailing with the pirates to find new land. Reason why I picked Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout as comparison because I just finished watching some AVGN videos.. and I dunno, it just seemed like a relevant comparison since the ending was so anti-climatic just like how Phantom Hourglass's ending was. oolololololol I need to learn2indent [/Infinitus].

Sorry for typing a wall of text for my little rant. I would like to go into other things I hate about Phantom Hourglass that makes it a slap in the face to its fans. Spirit Tracks is a name that sounds exactly like Phantom Hourglass.. it will make you speculate certain things. In the end, you're left with a completely different product. Meh.. die Nintendo, die... you've ruined the moment.

>___>.....

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2009, 01:07:32 pm »
  • The Mike
At least the Wii Zelda hasn't been announced yet so there's something to be glad about. We know they've been working on it for over 2 years now but I'm sure that could keep your mind at ease Hoffy.

I'm sure this game will have better features compared to Phantom Hourglass. It's been 2 years almost since it's release and I'm sure Nintendo thought of more unique things for this game that we haven't even seen yet. Meh, only time will tell.

• Zelda Eternity

gm112

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2009, 01:55:16 pm »
At least the Wii Zelda hasn't been announced yet so there's something to be glad about.
I thought it was announced that they're working on it..
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2009, 02:03:34 pm »
Haha, I just noticed how Darklight's signature is oh-so fitting.

You know, maybe Daniel's !@#$%-up on that phrase had a foreboding message to it.

Isn't that why we're remaking the classics?
I didn't say it's a good thing.
Haha, I didn't realise how appropriate it was until you pointed it out XD

I don't want one, HB.

It's not retarded. It's the same reason why I'm slowly loosing my love for zelda. They're making zelda games as fast as a goose lays eggs. Except the eggs aren't golden anymore >_>
At least the Wii Zelda hasn't been announced yet so there's something to be glad about.
I hope not. They can use their time better rather than developing another zelda game with none of the old magic for a lame console.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

gm112

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2009, 02:06:13 pm »
I hope not. They can use their time better rather than developing another zelda game with none of the old magic for a lame console.
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(upcoming_Wii_game)

They're thinking about it. Bad move, IMO. Wii is way too shitty and its software structure sucks balls anyways. Don't know if you know about the whole I/O OS thing they have going on. It's completely retarded.

EDIT: Oh, it was confirmed during E3 2008. Sorry. I'm really tired :P.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 04:43:56 pm »
  • The Mike
What I meant was, it hasn't been announced like how Spirit Tracks was announced yesterday. It's been said they're working on one but it hasn't been announced yet.

• Zelda Eternity

gm112

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 04:54:43 pm »
What I meant was, it hasn't been announced like how Spirit Tracks was announced yesterday. It's been said they're working on one but it hasn't been announced yet.
Ah.. my bad :p. I have a feeling the Wii Zelda will be casual aswell, but then again.. Nintendo might not shoot their fans in the face like that. Perhaps they're doing casual-based games on the DS, and as for non-portable consoles it's more focused on the loyal fanbase? It's stupid even if that's the case as the whole casual thing should be out of the picture :S. We can only speculate.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 05:07:11 pm »
  • b e p i s
As an old fan, I wish Nintendo would make a "real" Zelda game again. Yeah, that sounds a lot less retarded in my head than it does in a post.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2009, 05:17:28 pm »
Yeah my fangame had a train XD. Because I wanted to do something original. But now Nintendo stole my idea and it's not original anymore  :-\

You're not the only one with that idea. The concept I was finally planning to implement also had a train. Ah maybe dust of one of my other concepts I've shelved. Or think of something new again. Maybe Balloons. That Link travels from mountain peak to mountain peak. Meh, to much SOAL.

About it being the Hyrule Castle from WW, the positioning and landscape around it really looks like nothing the one in WW. There were no cliffs or anything beside it like that IIRC.

Well the castle had cliffs around it, didn't it? Remember once you go through it, you have to go over the bridge to where Ganon is? There are some cliffs going on there. Then again, if they're going to follow the storyline exactly, then I suppose the landscape would have to be exactly the same as well since the whole land was frozen. Hm hm. Excitement dropped a bit.
We don't know what but that is Hyrule Castle. Remember, we know it's before the flood but how many years before?

I've seen more of these comparisons with WW, but I doubt if it is connected other then similar graphics. Of what I've heard Nintendo usually makes the game first and leaves it up to us to try and fit it in. They would have told us already, if it was connected to WW and PH story wise.

I don't want one, HB.

So yes, I want to wait ten fuggin years before I go to Hyrule again. I'm retarded, I know.

I have to agree with Hoffy on this one. People who say that it has been ages, haven't had the pleasure of waiting for OOT. LA was released in 1993. OOT was released in 1998. There were at least 5 years in between them (not counting the remake LADX). Some of the magic of OOT was that people had to wait for it so long. Since 2000 Nintendo has released a Zelda game at least once a year. Phantom Hourglass was released in 2007. For me a a wait like OOT would be pleasant. Called me crazy, but I actually don't want to hear about a new Zelda game until 2012. (None the less I will play ST)

About Spirit Tracks. I will hold of my judgement until I've played it. But it looks to me, like this becoming a level based Zelda like Four Swords (Adventure). You are required to take the train to other areas, where you are confined to that area. I know it is like PH, but in PH you could determine your own course and go treasure hunting at sea. With a train your confined to preexisting railroads. Unless they make the tracks appear magically in front of you, like in Kamen Rider Den-O. But like I said I will hold my judgement until I've played a bit.

gm112

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2009, 05:23:24 pm »

I have to agree with Hoffy on this one. People who say that it has been ages, haven't had the pleasure of waiting for OOT. LA was released in 1993. OOT was released in 1998. There were at least 5 years in between them (not counting the remake LADX). Some of the magic of OOT was that people had to wait for it so long. Since 2000 Nintendo has released a Zelda game at least once a year. Phantom Hourglass was released in 2007. For me a a wait like OOT would be pleasant. Called me crazy, but I actually don't want to hear about a new Zelda game until 2012. (None the less I will play ST)

You could say that Zelda suffers the same problem as the Megaman series. It hasn't been the case recently as far as I know, but back in 2000-2007 there was a new megaman game released every year. Sometimes it would be one or two at a time. Megaman Zero games were good, so they're an exception(and megaman ZX, but not ZXA). The rest though... they were shallow

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2009, 05:34:01 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
A friend of mine had a good point after seeing the trailer:

"This is awesome! It's one step closer to my dream...Steampunk Zelda."
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2009, 07:40:18 pm »
  • The Mike
Yeah, I wish they'd make a Zelda game as good as the classics but with the Wii and DS, that may never come true. If Spirit Tracks will give you the option to play traditional which probably won't happen, that would please some fans maybe.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2009, 08:24:30 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
If Spirit Tracks will give you the option to play traditional which probably won't happen, that would please some fans maybe.

Well, knowing the road Nintendo has taken since the Wii came out, it won't have traditional controls =/

Honestly, I wish they'd drop all the gimmicks, like touch screen and waggle and just go back to a classic console, I really miss that.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2009, 08:30:44 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Alls I can say is I hope they make it clear soon whether this game is a sequel (not necessarily direct like Phourglass) or a spin-off like Four Swords, or Two Swords. ;) The game looks okay but the action clips don't reveal anything innovative and the train thing reeks of gimmick. Which is fine, as long as it's a spin-off and I'm not expected to take this seriously or as canon.

I don't even own a DS so it's no matter, but having been with the Zelda series since the beginning, I don't want to see it get more gimmick'd up and convoluted than it has already.
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2009, 08:41:26 pm »
I love how there are so many replies on this topic. :] It's almost like the place isn't dead! Ahaha not sarcasm.

So anyone.. I agree with a lot of people in that Zelda games are sort of losing their luster. I'm playing through Phantom Hourglass now even though I bought it when it was released because I didn't feel like playing it. I don't mind the touch screen too much, I just wish it wasn't you only method of movement. Kind of the same with Twilight Princess. I didn't like being a wolf. At all. And I didn't like the Wii controls. I dunno.. Nintendo has been really !@#$% recently. They've taken there "Everyone can play" concept waaay too far for gamers and they've only been thinking about the average person. I understand they're making a whole shitload of money but it's just lame. The last Zelda game I really really liked was WW. So, hopefully now that everyone has Nintendo in they're mouth again instead of PS2, Nintendo will use that popularity and bring it back to something a little more conventional. I don't want to buy attachments for the next set of controllers.

• My Photostream
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2009, 10:24:45 pm »
We can't change the fact that Nintendo wants to make money. They aren't making games for charity. The only things we can do is not buy their products. Seeing as how the quality of Phantom Hourglass was still good compared to most junk gamedevelopers are spewing out today, we just can't help but buying the Zelda games anyway (unless you don't own the required console). Ah well, the sales of this game will be good as well, just because it has the title Zelda.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 75 queries.

anything