Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hazzard  (Read 1096 times)

Hazzard
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:22:05 pm »
 So here is my idea. I want to develop a game with an engaging story and I have several ideas but not sure how I should start this off.. The game has many ways it can go and I feel that I must be careful choosing how the first story begins.

Story Idea's-
1. You are captured and experimented on in a facility. Once injected with the experimental hazard serum you become aware that you have developed an ability as a side effect. Then in all the confusion of other inmates also getting abilities you manage to get out of your cell. You then team up with 2 other characters and must make your way out of the building.
Characters
1. Damian- Can Stop Time
2. Tyler- Can use his own energy to create matter
3. Courtney- Can create and manipulate electricity

Story 2-
2. The game is set 20 years after the Hazard serum being injected into the patients at the facility and the world is a very different place. Not everyone developed powers from there injection. Some people developed an extremely lethal virus that killed more then 75% of the worlds population. Play as Damian and make your way through the ruined town to a enemy research facility. Then get a time belt and travel 20 years back to prevent everything from ever happening.
Game play will be a little more like a shooter at first. But im drawing blanks after he goes back in time.

If anyone has any idea's or would like to help just please respond here.

• The Untold Legacy

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Re: Hazzard
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 04:17:46 pm »
  • b e p i s
For a game you want to be so dependent on story, you have an issue here: huge cliches. This story could be done well if you do it right, but you'll have to be very careful with taking inspiration from other sources so it doesn't end up sounding totally contrived and cheesy.

Some ideas as to how to make it a bit better:

1. Focus more on your characters and less on the political and socioeconomic situations that contributed to the world's destruction.
2. Give them some vulnerability; no one likes perfect characters except their author.
3. Avoid the cliche of the scientists being overly analytical and having a lack of humanity.

Don't worry about it if you can't figure out where to take the story at first. Give it some time, keep it on the shelf, and work on some other projects.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Re: Hazzard
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 04:20:13 am »
Ok thanks for the advice. Im thinking a good start will be when the characters get there abilities. I think that would be a good start for the series and it would unfold better that way. Anyone else have any advice or impute?

• The Untold Legacy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 41 queries.