Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Festival of Souls  (Read 8290 times)

The Legend of Zelda: Festival of Souls
« on: June 23, 2009, 06:56:55 pm »
I've actually decided to fix my ideas XD By the way this one has a one week system.

Link is a young traveling swordsman who searches for the legendary treasure known as the swordsman's library, which is said to contain every sword technique known to man. Link is not alone on this venture though, he has his traveling companion Navi the fairy, who he found inside a stump along with his first sword. However, Navi doesn't remember anything except her name, and feels that if she travels with Link, she'll regain her memory.

On his journey Link decides to stop in Hyrule castle town to have his sword reforged. Since it takes about 2 days to have it reforged Link decides to take part in the annual, one-week festival of souls. After leaving the blacksmith's he meets a young boy with fancy attire looking inside the blacksmith's. He is very clumsy and shy and introduces himself as Baron. Baron says he wants to be a swordsman like Link and asks that after he gets his sword returned, that he teaches him swordmanship. Link, being the nice guy he is says yes.

After venturing around town for a litte while a strange cloud of smoke appears just out of town, almost as if out of nowhere. After the smoke dissapears it reveals a humongous circus tent. All the children in town run into the tent quickly followed by their parents. Link and Navi decide to go in as well, but instead of watching the show they hear voices so they follow them into what seems to be the ringmaster's room. They see the ringmaster saying that he can't wait for the feast at the end of the week during the show. Then they see him apparently opening a chest full of laughing souls. Then he starts to slowly eat all the souls in the chest. Just as Link is about to scream for his life, Navi flies into his mouth to prevent the ringmaster from hearing. Link spits out Navi and glares at her angrily. But, their luck does not last, Link steps on a creaky floorboard and the Ringmaster starts to fly after Link.

After running for a long time (It doesn't matter because even if you get caught this scene still happens) Link is cornered by the ringmaster. The ringmaster decides that even if Link's soul is removed from his body, his powers as a Ghini(zelda version of boos) would cause him some trouble, so he summons a portal that sucks Link and Navi's souls right out of their bodies and into the spirit world. The ringmaster then drags link's body somwhere and throws it into a coffin.

When link wakes up he realizes that he is in a weird twilightish version of hyrule. Navi starts spazzing around wondering where they are when suddenly a voice beckons them to a strange and old version of the temple of time. Inside the temple they see all the PAST FREAKING ZELDAS. Link is startled and spazzes out big time. Then the Zeldas calm him down and explain the situation. They say that Link and Navi are in the spirit world which is a conglomeration of all the past Hyrules and that the ringmaster must be stopped. Then they very vaguely say that Link must reclaim his body so they can tell him more. So then they fling Link back into the land of the living only this time LINK IS A GHINI. Link spazzes out once more so then a ghostly version of Navi appears and bonks him on the head.

Link's powers as a Ghini are possesing enemies, turning invisible (which conusmes magic if you are not in the shadows), the lick attack, and phasing through walls. Oh, and also traveling into the spirit world. However Link cannot go back to the circus because the ringmaster put an anti-Ghini spell on the Circus. After the 2 days Link's sword is being reforged, baron starts to cry because Link said he would teach him how to use a sword and spirals into a deep depression for the rest of the week. This is actually a viewable cutscene if you go into baron's house on the second day at night. However during the 2 days Baron is actually much happier and open to conversation.

On the final night of the week you are actually able to go inside the circus and look. And you know what's bad? Its a full house! The cast of the circus is an extremely strong goron, a gerudo who can spit fire (who has a thing for the ringmaster), a zora with diamond hard skin, and a rito ninja. Don't question their powers, they are circus acts after all. The acts aren't done until you try to visit the ringmaster's room, so you don't have to see their acts. Then you see that the ringmaster's isn't there. So you look back and see that the ringmaster's on stage ready on stage telling magical jokes that already have the crowd in stitches. But, the laughter caused by the jokes actually causes the souls to start to float out of the crowd's bodies. Then you must go into the Ringmasters room even more until you see a coffin. And guess whats inside? LINK AND NAVI'S BODIES!! So then after gettings their bodies back, Link and Navi go down to the stage and confront the ringmaster and his cohorts.

After you defeat the ringmaster's circus freaks, the Ringmaster has already absorbed most of the souls needed for him to be eternally young and powerful. Soon Link hears the voice of Oot Zelda saying that she'll give him the power to change this. Soon a small portal from the spirit world and suddenly none other than the Ocarina of Time appears and floats down into Link's hand. Than Oot Zelda teaches him the song of time, but then tells him to play it backwards. After Link does so he is thrown right to the point where he and Navi are thrown into coffins (which is saturday night BTW). Soon after Link hears Oot Zelda's voice again and she calls him and Navi up to the Spirit World. Link is in the Temple of Time again and Oot Zelda explains the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask scenario to Link and Navi. Then Navi immediatley remebers everything and and appologizes to Link for the trouble of trying to regain her memory.

The Zeldas then tell Link that he needs a means of going in and out of his body at will. Then MC Zelda has an idea and tells Link that he should visit the Happy Mask salesman and tell him to make a ghini mask that Ghini Link would go into. And then the Happy Mask Salesman would put it on Link's Souless Body which intern would turn link interaly into a ghini. Link does so but then wonders how he'll turn back to normal. Then the MC Zelda apologizes to Link and all the other older zeldas start scolding her. I mean they are related right? Then FS Zelda has an idea and teaches link the song of healing. Link then plays the song on the ghini violin, and bam he gets the Ghini Mask! And the whole reason this part takes place in Hyrule Castle town is because the guard won't open the gate unless you have a sword.

(You can do this before or after you visit the spirit world again)When you go to the blacksmith's you'll see Baron eagerly wating oustside holding a wooden sword. When Link is done getting his sword. Baron will immediatley ask you if its time to learn? Insert skippable sword tutorial scene here. After that Link turns into a Ghini and ventures into the spirit world. Talk to the Zeldas and they say you'll have to forge a sword of spirits which is created when sage spirits are infused into a sword.

TP Zelda tells Link that the first place he should visit is the temple of shadows located in a dead fortune hunter's mansion. However the temple is located in Kakariko Village in the far North above the old well and graveyard also it is boarded up. So at night when it is dark Link turns into a ghini in order to phase into the mansion (because a group of rowdy kids play there during the day) However as soon as he gets in he sees a huge bouncer ghini blocking the way into the mansion (which apparently there is a party going on in) and asks if Link is on the guest list. Link says no and is immediately booted out by the large ghini.

Link tells the Zeldas this and TP zelda tells link to meet the owner of the mansion, Caruu, who is somewhere in the spirit world. Since he's dead and old you'll find him in the most unreasonable place. THE LOST WOODS!! After journeying through the lost woods you'll come across the Forest Temple (What? I didn't say ALL temples had to be located in the Land of the living). Then infront of the temple you see a whip which is used indiana jones style. Infact Caruu is Indiana Jones inspired. So Link using the whip journeys into the forest temple along with Navi. So the first temple wasn't the shadow temple after all.

Just for some clarrification, Link will meet the zelda of his time, but that will for a later temple. Anyways this temple has a indiana jones mixed with TP forest temple theme. The temple is full of Items that need to be hit with wind. So what item does Link get? The Magnet Glove? WTF!? Let me explain there are actually fans that need to be activated via switch. So since the Magnet Glove reverses the functions of machines it can make fans that suck wind, blow wind, and such. Like I said there is a indiana jones theme so Link will be running from giant rolling rocks. If you are wondering why there is electricity is because Hyrule had to go under an industrial revolution some time. And why are there puzzles in places built to worship? Blame temple thieves.

The boss of the temple is Demon Bells Diing and Dongue. They look exactly the same you wont be able to tell which is which unless you check their sounds. Here's an attack. Diing dashes towards link, and link evades by using the whip to climp up to a platform. Diing is stuck in a wall so Dongue starts to fire lazers at Link. Slowy use the magnet glovw to push dongue back until diing breaks free and accidentily hits dongue. Then hit a disorientated Dongue while avoiding attacks from diing and repeat this whole paragraph.

That's all I got so far. BTW here's what link would look like. I didn't draw this. http://meibatsu.deviantart.com/art/Haha-Link-again-125177005
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:09:47 am by ZeldaPwns »
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Festival of Souls
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:06:49 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Sounds intersting. :D Some parts don't seem very zelda-esque (like the absorbing of the souls when  people laugh), but it can do. Also, maybe you could make a funny scene where the Ringmaster tickles link to get his soul :D since you have to make people laugh to get their souls, right?
Are you planning to turn this into a game or are you just doing this for the lulz? :P The week system would be kinda difficult to code, no? :O

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:08:29 pm »
Just for the Lulz of it. And what doesn't seem zelda-esque. :huh:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 07:09:32 pm »
  • Fight the Power
I edited my first post, I think you didn't notice. :P
This would make a great game imo btw. It would have that MM ambience we love so much. ;P

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 07:12:34 pm »
I didn't say they had to laugh. Its just some random spell I came up with. And who doesn't love MM Ambience?  ;) Besides I can't program.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:14:50 pm by ZeldaPwns »

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 07:33:12 pm »
I can tell you put a lot of work into this idea. I applaud it. Seems like it'd be done in MC style, too.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 07:56:16 pm »
Yes I did put a lot of work into it unlike that other topic. Yes it would be done in MC style.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 09:05:10 pm »
I think providing u can actually give us a demo (Alot of ideas from ZFGC have been just talk), this game will be going far. REALLY FAR
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 09:12:56 pm »
  • Fight the Power
I think providing u can actually give us a demo (Alot of ideas from ZFGC have been just talk), this game will be going far. REALLY FAR

Are you planning to turn this into a game or are you just doing this for the lulz? :P
Answer:
Just for the lulz of it.

:(

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 09:13:49 pm »
Really :huh: you think so? Well I need some help learning how to program. Anybody willing to help me on this.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 09:16:45 pm »
  • Fight the Power
Before anyone else gets you started into C+ or Blitz >_>":

www.gamemaker.nl

GML may not be the best language out there but it's easy to get started with it.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 09:19:31 pm »
Thanks!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 10:24:31 pm »
And if u need help understanding GML, come to me. I can always lend a hand
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 10:57:23 pm »
Okay  XD

A Storm in the Desert

Eternal Triangle
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 01:33:32 pm »
  • Wear the Deku Sprout Smile :]

When some people get bored, they experiment with drugs. I experiment with Photoshop.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, you can use the design.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:11:50 pm by A Storm in the Desert »
Surely you can do it!
Believe in your strengths...Believe...

-Happy Mask Salesman
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 09:42:42 pm »
DAAAYYYYUMMMM!!!!!

Minor progress update. Concept art for the game is going swimmingly, while programming not so much. I just can't get into the programming mood.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:47:22 pm by ZeldaPwns »
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 05:26:31 pm »
Story is nice and certainly could make it in a good game. But sorry that I have to say this, but it did give me Majora's Mask, Marvel Transformers comics and Ben10 flashbacks.

I'm just wondering if the gameplay won't suffer from it being a complete week. You need to work out a lot too and have a lot of things to do in case the player needs to wait for a timed event. Maybe 5 days will be enough, a week from Monday to Friday.

But if you are confident you can do it.
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 07:44:02 pm »
I am confident about it. And I am making two changes. One it will be 5 days cause I cant think  of anything else to do right now, and now it will be kid Link because whenever I try to sprite or draw what adult link will look like in sprite form  it looks like crap (probably cuz I cant sprite for crap). The Majora's Mask was intentional and yes I got the circus thing from ben 10, but how is this like transformrers.
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 08:04:23 pm »
A demon carnival is a much used theme and was once the basis of a small story arc in the Marvel Transformers comic. Now that I think of it, Torchwood had also a similar theme once, or was it Doctor Who.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 10:29:37 pm »
Should I change it a little or something? Just to make it more different than the other demon carnivals.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.435 seconds with 75 queries.

anything