Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Underwater Chasm  (Read 2566 times)

Underwater Chasm
« on: August 09, 2009, 03:25:37 am »

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
Re: Underwater Chasm
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 04:11:37 am »
  • With a Capital G
Good stuff, mate. The composing suits the title. My only suggestion: work those volume sliders a bit!

The opening piano has some low notes so it's a pretty powerful instrument in the piece; "Underwater" implies a bit of peacefulness so by the time the electric piano comes in, maybe have that faded out most of the way. The choir/string chords could also swell up and down a bit, maybe getting a bit louder on the 4th chord was has a "bigger" sound anyway.

Yeah, I don't really like critiquing things because people are usually happy with their work, but the notes you wrote are A-OK, so now I just think the dynamics in how they're used can make a big difference.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:30:38 am »
Haha thanks for the tips =P

I might just start working on this piece again.

It was never really finished... xD
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 08:54:36 pm »
I also like it alot :D Nice use of echo/delay on the electric piano, it gives a sense of water shimmering that just adds something quite nice to the piece.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:51:12 pm »
It's nice, some interesting chords and melodies. I agree with goodnight though, the volume of some instruments needs to tweaked a bit.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 03:06:28 am »
Just my two cents, if you feel like working on this piece some more - take it or not.. just some thoughts I had while listening to the piece. It's a really nice song.

Definitely echo the comments on your dynamics. The piece is too mid and treble heavy with a lack of bass. Even if you just want to increase the volume on your bass notes in the piano it would really anchor the piece down. If you really wanted to keep working on it I would say you could even go as far as to add something like a fretless bass melody.

As for the effects, the delay is juuuust about right. It really adds to the piece. What I'd be tempted to do though is to increase the "wet" parameter on the delay ie. reflections thereby dampening some of the echoes. I'm not sure which effect plugin you're using so it might not have that setting, but it's something to keep in mind... you might also benefit from a few well placed notes up an octave or two every now and then to lighten up some of the echoes.

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 05:51:32 pm »
Very nice melody!
I just think it is a bit too repetitive, it would be better if the melody was looped less times until all instruments are introduced.

Linkmonkey

The Hero of Fan Game Time
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 11:51:40 pm »
reminds me of donkey kong country, i like it!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 50 queries.

anything