Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone ever experienced an AARGH Boss.  (Read 4544 times)

Anyone ever experienced an AARGH Boss.
« on: December 11, 2010, 09:49:16 am »
I just recently picked up Oracle of Seasons again just to walk around a finished game and it made me remember how long it took to finish this game. Completing the game was spread over almost a year. I started it after I finished Ages and made it a linked game. It all went smoothly and like every Zelda game I was enjoying the game and the easy and hard puzzles. Then I came to the 6th dungeon boss, Manhandla. This is when the game stalled. No matter what I did I could not beat this guy. I must have died a hundred times and got more and more frustrated, but I could not discover the pattern. Even with the remote controlled boomerang I could not take him down and evade his fireballs. I think the frustration after dozens death did not help.

Eventually I put the game down and did not continue playing for almost half a year. On my second try I did not do any better. Again with the frustration I put the game down for almost half a year again. Once I picked it up again It took me three tries and the pattern just hit me. I don't know how I could have missed such an obvious pattern. On the next try I beat Manhandla without loosing a heart or without the need to curve the boomerang. At that point it was the most easiest boss I have ever faced.

Has anyone of you had a similar experience with a boss in a game.
Re: Anyone ever experienced an AARGH Boss.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:26:11 am »
Not a boss, but, I just finished Metro 2033(great game, btw.  Currently writing a review for it).

*potential spoiler*

There is a part where you have to protect a npc from exploding rolling mutant balls that look suspiciously like metroids or whatever those ball things are(never really played Metroid in-depth).  Problem is, the npc walks so as !@#$% and there are buttholes all over the floor that spawn the mutant balls.  Serious,- they look like anuses.  Anyway, so, the balls keep spawning over and over and over.  Miller takes about 12 explosions before he is dead.  I was playing on normal.  I took 2 and I was dead.

I tried following him...kept getting a game over.  Tried running way ahead to get him to run...nope, he still walks slow as !@#$% and dies.  I retried for about 5 hours straight.  Finally by luck, I got by that part.  All my ammo was gone from shooting the balls before they could explode.  Then guess what... another part came up.  I was like "!@#$%....!@#$%..."  About 20 game overs, then I discovered that the entire time you had to shoot the assholes that spawn the balls.

I was pissed.

Needless to say, after another 30 game overs(I had very very little ammo so i needed luck again), I finally got through it and eventually beat the game.  I had to be at work about 2 hours later and hadn't slept the day before either.

It was worth it though :D
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 02:52:08 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I don't think I've ever had this issue with any Zelda boss. I've always found them so ridiculously easy :x

Some other games though... Like that annoying uh serpent thing underground in Turok for the 360 gave me some grief for a while.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 02:54:17 pm by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 05:25:38 pm »
The final boss of Sands of Destruction, the only hard boss in the game, not because it does a lot of damage, it doesn't, but it has instant death attacks, and because the way the game is, it can easily get 3 attacks in a row, its used instant death attacks 3 times in a row killing my whole party.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 07:28:34 pm »
Sephiroth from KH1. I actually say "screw it I cant be arsed" to it. I never win.
  • Phoenix Heart

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 07:29:55 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Sephiroth from KH1. I actually say "screw it I cant be arsed" to it. I never win.

He has a very specific pattern. Once you master it you can beat him pretty much any time you fight him, almost regardless of your level. I remember getting that fight down to a T D:

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 07:59:47 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
So far, Gatekeeper in Etrian Odyssey 3 is making me rage.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 08:25:05 pm »
It was worth it though :D
I bet it was, nothing as satisfying as getting through a really though part of a game.

I just remembered I have another one of these bosses, but this one I still haven't been able to defeat. Although I must say that I actually have given up on ever defeating this guy. The boss I'm talking about is the Mizar from Jet Force Gemini. I do not mean the first time you face him, because that one is a peace of cake. The second time you face him however, I have never been able to even make dent in the guy. And you have such a small space to move around in. Really HOW DO YOU BEAT THIS GUY.

Damn, just remembering is already frustrating.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 08:32:05 pm »
When I was a kid I got stuck at the male and female vampire bosses in Mu in the game Illusion of Gaia. I stopped playing the game for about 6 months because I got so frustrated, but after going back to the game and finally figuring out how to beat them, I had what felt like half a game to finish.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 09:00:27 pm »

He has a very specific pattern. Once you master it you can beat him pretty much any time you fight him, almost regardless of your level. I remember getting that fight down to a T D:

Yeah I actually never really had a problem with him after I understood how he fights. I just farmed him to get to level 100.

For me though, I really had a difficult time fighting Seymour on my first ever run of Final Fantasy X on Mt. Gagazet. Not sure why it was so hard.
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 09:18:19 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Now that try that on him in KH2 :D

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 09:31:10 pm »
LTTP the Helmasaur King, not sure why when I played this game I didn't knew I had to use the hammer, there was no solution for this except get close and use the bow and die and die and die and die, and such on, until I saw guide >_> and I realized how stupid I was lol, but still, helmasaur king is too big to  get that close to him I guess thats why I didn't tried that he scared the !@#$% out of me.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 09:41:31 pm »

Now that try that on him in KH2 :D

To be honest, I thought that fight was much easier. ._.
  • https://colbydude.com

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 10:33:21 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Sephiroth from KH1 was cake for me once I got his pattern down, but I still haven't beaten KH2 Sephi. I also haven't played in about 4 years tho :P Every KH game has that one secret boss too, and KH:BbS's is horrifically impossible on proud or whatever the highest difficulty is!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 10:57:39 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Am I the only one who hasn't had any problems with bosses? D:
  • For The Swarm

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2010, 11:04:02 pm »
  • b e p i s

For me though, I really had a difficult time fighting Seymour on my first ever run of Final Fantasy X on Mt. Gagazet. Not sure why it was so hard.

Oh yeah. And the guardian thing you fight in Zanarkand on the floating platforms.

By far the hardest boss I've ever fought was either the Black Dragon or Zophar in Lunar 2. Both have epic dungeons leading up to them and deal a lot of damage. The Black Dragon also resists most damage by around 50% or so.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 04:29:41 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
The only boss I've ever had an issue with is the final boss of Legend of Dragoon. Not because it's hard, but because it's such a long drawn out battle, seriously this guy has what? Four forms? D:

That and I NEVER had enough items to last, and the nearest village is about 15 minutes away real time :/

EDIT:
Also Rose and King Albert are absolutely USELESS in this battle D:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 04:31:22 am by Antidote »
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 02:36:10 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
I was gonna say kefka from ff6 but instead I bring up the Last boss in the first sin & punishment lol, try defending earth and fighting a mega boss at the same time lol.  XD I never beat it too.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:42:10 pm by Linkwolf48 »
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 11:16:22 pm »
Quite a few Bosses for me :\ Biggest one I can remember though is Miguel in Chrono Cross. Because of how the game progresses, my first time through was confusing, Miguel was definitely a difficulty spike back then with his combo "elements" (spells) he uses, then Holy Dragon Sword Tech that wipes out anything it touches... especially if a character is Black Innate...

Then after that, the Dragons... sheesh... Chrono Cross bosses...

I was gonna say kefka from ff6 but instead I bring up the Last boss in the first sin & punishment lol, try defending earth and fighting a mega boss at the same time lol.  XD I never beat it too.
Pseudo Earth wasn't too bad, try Sin and Punishment 2, there are some TOUGH bosses there... *shudders at the thought of Deko*

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 12:48:03 pm »
  • 笑い男
What about mega man games?
I've only played rock man zx and advent for the DS, but I remember getting to the last boss and after not doing any damage at all and dying the first 10 times or so, thinking "How the !@#$% am I supposed to defeat this?! I've still not even damaged it once before dying. It's impossible!"
And then slowly figuring out how to do it and slowly managing to work down its health and then eventually, after thinking how impossible it is at first but now finally just about managing the impossible, after many attempts managing to defeat it!
...Then onto stage two which rapes you even harder.
!@#$% this... XD

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 74 queries.