Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-Men First Class  (Read 1408 times)

X-Men First Class
« on: February 11, 2011, 06:22:32 am »
I just saw the first official trailer of X-Men: First Class. And I was wondering what you guys think of it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4_ra9VneUc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4_ra9VneUc</a>

Me personally, I have some mixed feelings about it. I like the X-Men. I have read almost all the comics and spin offs up till the "House of M" story arc. And I loved the previous movies (yeah I loved them so sue me). I think it is great that they try to explore the origins between Professor X and Magneto, but to me the first class still consists of Cyclops, Beast (without the fur), Angel, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Havok and Polaris. With an established Professor X as their teacher and Magneto as their rival and nemesis and Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mastermind and Toad in the Brotherhood.

Now seeing this trailer it feels like a lot of the mutants in the movie are just ripped from various points in the X-men history. It seems like a jumble mish mash of mutants put together, because either people think they are cool or they are recognized. Not to mention that some of the powers do not belong in that time. For example the White Queens diamond form is a second mutation power, which she gains later.

I think that this movie either is great or it will be complete trash, with the latter being the more likely. Still if it is not Real 3D, I am going to watch it.
Re: X-Men First Class
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:39:38 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I think they're rebooting franchises all too quickly nowadays (this is a reboot, right?).  Is that better or worse than making a gazillion sequels to Rocky?  I don't know.  But I liked the first two movies, so I'm hoping I'll like this.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 06:46:57 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
This isn't actually a reboot. The trailer shows scenes from the previous movies, indicating that it's just a prequel and not both that and a reboot.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:28:28 am »
Yeah, I am a bit confused about that also. The scenes make it seem as a prequal. However those scenes can also be used to introduce the actors for the characters, to make them immediately recognizable. But I have heard mixed messages about it too, some say prequal, others a reboot.

Personally I hope for a prequal, because a reboot would be way to early. Just like how the Spiderman reboot is way to early. I also heard that there is an X-Men origins: Magneto in the making, which would also tell the story about how the boy Erik Lensherr would become the despot Magneto. Or did they scrap that idea.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 06:39:48 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I also heard that there is an X-Men origins: Magneto in the making, which would also tell the story about how the boy Erik Lensherr would become the despot Magneto. Or did they scrap that idea.

They did. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_(film_series)#X-Men_Origins:_Magneto

Both Donner and Bryan Singer have stated that Magneto will probably not be produced, as the plot of X-Men: First Class "supersedes" the story of the planned film. Elements of the Magneto screenplay were incorporated into the X-Men: First Class screenplay.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 06:46:38 pm »
Damn, I think it would have been a great story if it only focussed on the tragedy of Erik Lensherr and the rise of Magneto.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:57:00 pm »
Wow this looks absolutely terrible. But I guess they !@#$% up part 3 too much to do a sequel. I haven't actually seen that Wolverine spin-off thing, I heard it sucked though.
I still like part 2 the best. It had the right feel to it. Kind of adventurous.  :-\

Maybe the new Spiderman reboot whatever thing might be any good. Or Captain America. Yeah that could actually be kind of cool.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 06:53:36 am »
I thought X-Men origins: Wolverine was a nice movie. It continued on what 2 was all about. Actually it showed the story that 2 was based on, so maybe it ruins 2 for you. The problem with that, was that it had too much X-Men characters and not enough Wolverine characters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 50 queries.

anything