Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission]Plant Enemies  (Read 6980 times)

[Submission]Plant Enemies
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:41:19 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Name: Deku Baba
HP: 4
Description: A carnivourus plant, famous throughout Zelda Games, It's appearance is the TP design.
Attacks:
   Bite- .75 HP
It bites you.
Player Combat Countermeasures:
-Bombs damage
-Arrows damage it.
-Boomerang and Hookshot stun it.
-When it's about to bite, the pursuit slash can be used to counter it.
-All other sword technics work as well.

Name: Baba Serpent
HP: 6
Location: Hyrule Field, Deku Swamp, Kokiri Forest, Forest Temple
Description: Similar to Deku Baba's but they pursue their prey even if their stem is cut off. They have the TP Appearance. When they take more than 2 HP damage total their stems are severed and they start hopping around. While the are still attached to the ground, they act like a deku baba, once they're stem's are cut, they pursue link relentlesly.
Attacks:
   Bite- 1 HP
They bite you, if they are hopping around then they will clamp down on you. To remove them, link will have to proform a Rolling Stab, a Spin Attack, or a Downward Thrust.
-Bombs damage
-Arrows damage it.
-When it's about to bite, the pursuit slash can be used to counter it.
-All other sword technics work as well.

Note:When the Baba Sepent is at 4 hp or less it's stem breaks and it'll cange it's AI to chase after you.

Name: Peahat
HP: 2 HP
Location: Hyrule Field, Deku Swamp, Kokiri Forest, Forest Temple.
Description: Plants with the ability to fly. WW design is fine.
Attacks:
   Ram- 1 HP
It trys to fly into you.
-Bombs damage
-Arrows damage it.
When it's stunned.
-Sword swings damage it

Notes: when you stun a peahat it falls out of the air. If it lands in the water, it'll sink and if it lands in a pit it'll fallownt(Both result in it dying.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:35:52 am by Angel Plague »
Re: [Submission]Plant Enemies
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:42:04 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
What is a hurricane spin?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:47:53 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
The hurricane spin is when you keep charging a spin attack and let go, and you go spinning in a direction, while you have relative contol were you go, I got the idea from WW, MC, and FS.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:15:39 pm »
The baba serpent does it also go in pursuit when the stem isn't cut of. It is not really clear to me on that, but it does seem really weird.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:24:52 pm »
The hurricane spin is when you keep charging a spin attack and let go, and you go spinning in a direction, while you have relative contol were you go, I got the idea from WW, MC, and FS.

Ok well just an fyi, we don't have this mechanic included in the doc so this won't appear.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:43:26 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
The baba serpent does it also go in pursuit when the stem isn't cut of. It is not really clear to me on that, but it does seem really weird.
The Baba Sepent will pursue you after it's stem is cut.

Also MG, I put an idea out there, I don't care if it's in it or not, it was just an idea. :P
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:15:29 pm »

Ok well just an fyi, we don't have this mechanic included in the doc so this won't appear.
He hasn't put the huricane spin in the OP, so it is fine with me.

If you add the following changes to the OP it could be accepted if everyone is okay with it.
1) With the Baba serpent, make clear the pursuit is after the stem is cut of. Before that it behaves like a Deku Baba.
2) I prefer if the appearance for both Baba's is based on the same game, even though they are similar. Or just put your own detailed description.
3) The peahat is also an MC enemy, thus it would be more fitting to use MC's design.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 09:20:45 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...

He hasn't put the huricane spin in the OP, so it is fine with me.

If you add the following changes to the OP it could be accepted if everyone is okay with it.
1) With the Baba serpent, make clear the pursuit is after the stem is cut of. Before that it behaves like a Deku Baba.
2) I prefer if the appearance for both Baba's is based on the same game, even though they are similar. Or just put your own detailed description.
3) The peahat is also an MC enemy, thus it would be more fitting to use MC's design.
To be honest I hate the MC peahat design, so I posted the one I prefered the most, with a few modifications.

About the Deku Serpent, it only appeared in TP.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:23:34 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I don't honestly think appearance matters much for this forum, after all, we have a concept art forum ; )

Secondly, although the Deku baba/serpant go together, I dont think the peahat does, it gets difficult to approve things when there are so manny different entries in one topic. To go along with that, the peahat seems fine, assuming it's the same as other Zelda games, but I don't understand how the Deku dudes will work in 2D. I think considering nintendo's never put them in a 2D game, comment should be made about how they'll fit there.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:50:23 pm »
  • King of the hoard!
I see them working like Chain Chomps in Mario.  They'll rear back for a moment before lunging in Link's direction.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 11:35:10 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
it would have 8 directions.
one direction for each idle, hurt, and biting animations. They would rear back, or lean back and lung forward.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 05:59:38 pm »
I see them working like Chain Chomps in Mario.  They'll rear back for a moment before lunging in Link's direction.

Yea, this basically sounds about right and it looks like Shadow has agreed.  Any further comments on this?

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 06:45:51 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Worth mentioning that when the peahat is stunned, it will drop out of the air, but beyond that, everything seems good to me, unless we want to add anything for fire/ice arrows. Ie, fire arrows cause the whole thing to burn and die, ice arrows freeze it and then any further hits will cause it to shatter into pieces.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 07:22:08 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I can add those in no prob.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 06:46:55 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Well, I don't see why we shouldn't be accepting this. I think this should be accepted. Anymore comments, Niek, Max, MG?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 07:39:20 pm »
  • It's just Max.

Its worth mentioning that when the peahat is stunned, it will drop out of the air, but beyond that, everything seems good to me, unless we want to add anything for fire/ice arrows. Ie, fire arrows cause the whole thing to burn and die, ice arrows freeze it and then any further hits will cause it to shatter into pieces.

Well, these were never added in, and I think it's pretty important to mention that the peahat will drop out of the air when it's stunned. Also, should be consider what it might land in? I.e., if the peahat lands in a pit when stunned, it will fall and die, what if it lands in water? Will it sink and die, or float and be fine?

Also, seeing as they're all plant enemies, shouldn't fire arrows just burn them immediately? Fire arrows are pretty late in the game anyway, and therefore should be pretty powerful.

I mean, if either of these ideas aren't worth putting in the game, then I'm all for approving the plant enemies, but I think those should go in.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 07:45:25 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Its worth mentioning that when the peahat is stunned, it will drop out of the air, but beyond that, everything seems good to me, unless we want to add anything for fire/ice arrows. Ie, fire arrows cause the whole thing to burn and die, ice arrows freeze it and then any further hits will cause it to shatter into pieces.

Well, these were never added in, and I think it's pretty important to mention that the peahat will drop out of the air when it's stunned. Also, should be consider what it might land in? I.e., if the peahat lands in a pit when stunned, it will fall and die, what if it lands in water? Will it sink and die, or float and be fine?

Also, seeing as they're all plant enemies, shouldn't fire arrows just burn them immediately? Fire arrows are pretty late in the game anyway, and therefore should be pretty powerful.

I mean, if either of these ideas aren't worth putting in the game, then I'm all for approving the plant enemies, but I think those should go in.

Good points. Angel, what do you think? 
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 08:36:59 pm »
The thing that keeps me most from accepting is that the OP still isn't clear about what the Baba serpent is. In the topic Angel added that the Baba Serpent is actually just like the Deku Baba but it's difference is when the stem is cut. What I still am curious about is how the stem is cut.

In OOT you can cut stems after you stun the Deku baba's. With TP and SS you can actually target the stem and ignore the head. But this is all in 3D. How does Angel Plague envision cutting of the stems.

Max also brings up some good questions.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 03:33:28 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
The thing that keeps me most from accepting is that the OP still isn't clear about what the Baba serpent is. In the topic Angel added that the Baba Serpent is actually just like the Deku Baba but it's difference is when the stem is cut. What I still am curious about is how the stem is cut.

In OOT you can cut stems after you stun the Deku baba's. With TP and SS you can actually target the stem and ignore the head. But this is all in 3D. How does Angel Plague envision cutting of the stems.

Max also brings up some good questions.
The deku Serpent is like the deku baba when it's still attached to the ground, but after taking a certain amount of damage their stems break and they chase you.(Essentually changing it's behaviour completely)

@Fire arrows, yah makes sense.
@Pits and Water: They'll sink inthe water fall down the pits, both of which kill it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 73 queries.