Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Wallmaster  (Read 4952 times)

[Submission] Wallmaster
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:34:44 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Name: Wallmaster
HP: 2
Description: WW Design for floormaster is used as it's base, but it's portal is invisible and the outlines on it are blue instead of purple. It's arm is extremely long. and is able to touch the floor from the ceiling.
Attacks:
   Slam- 1.5 HP
It comes  from the ceiling and slams into the floor.
It will be on the ceiling so it's portal will be invisible. A shadow will appear where link is and a few moments later it will slam into the ground, it it hits link, link will be knocked down. After that it will slowly rise back to the ceiling.
Player Combat Countemeasures:
-You can either stun it with a boomerang or hookshot, and slash at them or use Bombs and arrows which can damage them without the need to stun them.
-When it's about to slam into link, you can use the shadow cloak's, shadow clone to swap out and it will slam into the shadow clone,  the shadow clone will burst into blackish-purle mist and the Wallmaster is stunned for a second, or you could use a Pursuit Slash instead of the Shadow Clone to counter it.
-Once they take 2HP damage they are severed and fall to the ground and dissipate into black-purple smoke.
-You can use the Shadow Cloak's, shadow clone, to distract them.

This was based off of one of the attacks that my boss submission had.

Name: Floormaster
HP: 2
Description: WW Design.
Attacks:
  Grab- .25 HP
   The Floormaster tries to grabs the player and take him back to the beginning of the dungeon or a specified place depending on the dungeon or cave it's in.
  Throw- 1 HP
   If it can't reach the player, then it grabs the nearest object (Skull, Jar, etc.) and throws it at the player.
Player Combat Countemeasures:
-You can either stun it with a boomerang or hookshot, and slash at them or use Bombs and arrows which can damage them without the need to stun them.
-When it's about to glab into link, you can use the shadow cloak's, shadow clone to swap out and it will grab the shadow clone, the shadow clone will burst into blackish-purle mist and the floormaster is stunned for a second, or you could use a Pursuit Slash instead of the Shadow Clone to counter it.
-Once they take 2HP damage they are severed and fall to the ground and dissipate into black-purple smoke.
-You can use the Shadow Cloak's, shadow clone, to distract them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:12:01 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »

Twilight Alchemist

State Alchemist
Re: [Submission] Wallmaster and Floormaster
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:39:14 pm »
This looks like a pretty cool enemy to fight.
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) <(  )>
"Oh! The Rock of Death, my mortal enemy! I'll deal with you later rock." Later "Oh! Rock of Death! We meet again. Well this time things will go differently, cause I'm not five years old any more, AND THERE IS NO BANANA!" - ???
My PZE account: http://zeldaengine.net/user-112.html
If you're going to be Mr. FMA over here,
Shadow of Termina spriter
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I forgot to add these in when I posted my boss, The Hunter, in the boss board, due to it's tails being similar to these enemies.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:42:26 pm by zdude684 »

Twilight Alchemist

State Alchemist
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 07:16:49 pm »
I forgot to add these in when I posted my boss, The Hunter, in the boss board, due to it's tails being similar to these enemies.

That makes sense.
(>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) <(  )>
"Oh! The Rock of Death, my mortal enemy! I'll deal with you later rock." Later "Oh! Rock of Death! We meet again. Well this time things will go differently, cause I'm not five years old any more, AND THERE IS NO BANANA!" - ???
My PZE account: http://zeldaengine.net/user-112.html
If you're going to be Mr. FMA over here,
Shadow of Termina spriter
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
Re: [Submission] Wallmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 06:25:05 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Ok so we accepted a different floormaster design, but we still have your wallmaster to look at.  I'm a bit confused though as they didn't appear in WW, but you're basing it on that design?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 06:25:43 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
It's appearance is based off of the windwaker floormaster.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 08:28:16 am »
It sounds interesting, but this one does not take you back to the beginning of the dungeon?
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 03:02:22 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
If link is knocked down he'll be taken back to the entrance of the dungeon.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08:40 pm »
  • It's the grineer
If link is knocked down he'll be taken back to the entrance of the dungeon.

This could work better if it works in pair with the Floormaster.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10:05 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
That would limit it's effectiveness. :P

Floormasters are only found in dark places while this one can be in any place indoors.

So you could be in a certain house and you see a chest then a wall master puts the smackdown on you and then throws you out the window.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:14:58 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 10:59:57 pm »
  • It's just Max.
So you could be in a certain house and you see a chest then a wall master puts the smackdown on you and then throws you out the window.

XD

You say tail in your first post, probably because you copied it from your boss :p

Anyway, I think the idea of leaving them attached to the ceiling (by their wrist... Arm... Things...) instead of jumping down and then jumping back up. Should we think about having them just toss Link around instead of being taken all the way back to the entrance of the dungeon? I mean, who here actually LIKES that?
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 08:51:09 am »
Max it kinda is the stapel of Zelda games, with wall- and floormasters. What I am more worried about if it is graphically doable, considering you never see a ceiling.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 11:13:46 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Max it kinda is the stapel of Zelda games, with wall- and floormasters. What I am more worried about if it is graphically doable, considering you never see a ceiling.

I've seen wallmasters in a handheld Zelda game before, Niek...just because you don't see the ceiling, doesn't mean you can't see a shadow forming on the ground...
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 01:20:49 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
For the arm, while it's on the ground right after it attacks, it's arm will go upwards and would slowly start to fade out. And I'm paying attention that it's a 2D game.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 01:25:33 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
For the arm, while it's on the ground right after it attacks, it's arm will go upwards and would slowly start to fade out. And I'm paying attention that it's a 2D game.

Oh, there's an arm...well, what I would suggest is you have a shadow growing until at some point it drops down and grabs Link, like the classic Wallmasters. The arm wouldn't be on screen for long, and if it becomes problematic, then we could revert to a more classic Wallmaster style without arms.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 01:28:18 pm »

I've seen wallmasters in a handheld Zelda game before, Niek...just because you don't see the ceiling, doesn't mean you can't see a shadow forming on the ground...
Me too. It isn't the ground part that worries me. But the description says it has an arm reaching to the ceiling. At a certain point there will be a cut of, either fading or a hard edge. I still think this entry can be accepted. But it is something to consider when making the graphics,  because it can quickly look weird.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 01:49:17 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

Me too. It isn't the ground part that worries me. But the description says it has an arm reaching to the ceiling. At a certain point there will be a cut of, either fading or a hard edge. I still think this entry can be accepted. But it is something to consider when making the graphics,  because it can quickly look weird.

Yeah, my bad, I didn't see the arm part. I'm pretty sure it's doable though. We could have it always come down from the top edge of the screen or something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.38 seconds with 69 queries.