Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! [with Screenshots & video!]  (Read 117711 times)

Re: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter ...
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2013, 02:52:44 pm »
There was a hidden count-down timer feature in RPG Maker XP which was unused in the PZE. So, we brought it to the foreground and enabled it for the Project Zelda Engine, where it can be really very useful and in handy, such as in mini-games or running errands for the trading sequences in your Zelda games!

The count-down timer is positioned below the Magic Meter and has a blue/white clock symbol next to it:

Our team is working on it and we plan to make a use of the new feature in Mini-games or in trading errands in the existing demo maps of PZE, for you to try and test when the PZE comes out!
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2013, 11:11:16 am »
Happy new month everyone! :)

Our team has done some nice progress, especially on the tedious recreation of Link's forms, from 3D into 2D!

We are proud to announce that the Link's Goron form, from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, which is also known as Goron Link, has been completed in Project Zelda Engine!

Some example screenshots of Goron Link in PZE!:

Here is a picture for size comparison of the Goron Link with the other forms of Link in Project Zelda Engine!

The Goron Link in PZE comes all the unique abilities from Majora's Mask - such as the powerful punch (melee range only) that can damage enemies alot, the roll ability, and Goron's back rock shield, and more!

Hope you liked him!

More info about the abilities, soon!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:14:24 am by SilentResident »
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2013, 09:09:43 pm »
  • Zelda rocks! Gamemaker Rules!
Hello, Im on PZE Forum. Lol probobly dont remember me much. XD But im excited for this.
Zeldafan2100

Zelda A Hero`s Destiny:
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=40629.0
« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2013, 09:41:52 pm »
Hello peeps, with a few days delay, I am glad to announce that our progress on Goron Link! (and soon news about the upcoming Zora Link's Form):

---------------------------------------
|         Goron Link's Features             |
---Icons of Fist and Shield: DONE
---Goron Paperdoll: Not done yet
---Goron's Drum Notes: DONE
|           Goron Link's Tools               |
---Goron Mask (transformation): DONE
---Goron Fist 1: DONE
---Goron Fist 2: Not done yet (depends on which way the team plans to do it)
---Goron Rolling Part1: WIP
---Goron Rolling Part2: Not done yet
---Goron Shield: DONE
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:45:11 pm by SilentResident »
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2013, 06:49:01 am »
Hello peeps! For this week, we are improving the Goron Link's anime sets, and we just started the spritework on Zora Link's form.

We fixed and cleaned some stuff in Project Zelda Engine, and we are making portraits for the items, the weapons and the masks, which are needed for display on the Message Boxes such as this:

Samples of new portraits made so far:

Remote Bomb:

Magnetic Gloves:

Magic Beans:

Iron Boots:

Blue Candle:

To note that the portraits of the items, are NOT icons - they are not used in the inventory menu - are bigger than the icons in both filesize and scale - and are for display on the "You got the X item!" messages.

it is a tedious work to enlarge the size of the icons and make them pictures without sacrificing the quality, but worth the effort!

« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2013, 03:00:12 am »
Hello peeps !
We made good progress with the Goron, except some littles
poses to finish, it will be sooner available for the people to use.
The Zora Link Howewer, is still in early version, but more info
will come soon !

We also continued our work with the portraits,
and corrected minors glitchs about the engine.

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2013, 12:44:19 am »
With most bugs in the engine now corrected, it is our pleasure to announce that, within the next week probably, the new demo of PZE will be released to the public! :)
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »
  • It's just Max.
That's awesome news :D

I'm curious, how easy will it be to change the functionality of the Goron and Zora forms? I don't imagine most games created with project Zelda will necessarily need transformation forms, because that was a gameplay mechanic pretty specific to Majora's Mask. So for example, say someone doesn't want Link to transform into a Deku, but maybe wants an item that allows Link to shoot bubbles, or maybe wants a part of their game where the player plays as a Goron for a little while. Will these mechanics be adaptable?

Also, I've been wondering for a while, how are enemies coming? Link's got a lot of equipment, and adding Goron and Deku link gives him more attacks, but what is there to attack so far? Enemies have always given me trouble when trying to make them in RPG Maker, so I'm interested in how your team is doing. Because fighting enemies, much more than transforming or collecting masks, is a crucial experience for Zelda games. I imagine many games created with project Zelda won't have Goron or Zora transformation, but all will probably have combat.

Anyway, you guys are doing a stellar job! Your progress is really exciting, I hope to check out the demo extensively over winter break :D
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2013, 05:27:42 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
This project is becoming rather magnificent.
  • My Music
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2013, 09:48:23 am »
The release has been postponed as the team decided to have the Goron Mask's form completed and the remaining maps finished, with all of the Goron Link's interactions ready before we release the PZE to the public.

With the team, we also decided that after the PZE is finished, we could release a "Map Pack" that will contain all Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Age-based maps that were present in the PZE's older versions but are missing from the PZE's newer version. These old maps need to be re-updated to fit with the last PZE core and system changes, and re-release them together, as a "Map Pack".

Here some pictures (click to zoom) of the old OOT and OOA maps featured in the old Project Zelda Engine:

OOT's Kakariko Graveyard:

OOT's Kakariko Graveyard:

Woodset Forest:

OOA's Lynna City:

OOT's Kakariko Village:

Hyrule Field:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Donotfeedthemax:

This is a nice question. It is very simple to remove the transformation masks from the game, if you don't want them. This can be done in the same way as with every other weapon: by not giving it from to Link at all. This way, Link will never be able to transform into the particular mask's form. This way, all specific abilites, bound to that mask, such as the Deku Link's bubbles, will be inaccessible as well as long as the Deku Mask is unavailable for Link to obtain.

But to give Link the ability to shoot bubbles regardless of having the Deku Mask or not, is simple in theory - just make a new weapon and copy to it the Deku Bubble's functions. But in practice, a weapon creation tutorial/guide is necessary, and therefore, it is good idea to wait for our team to release the PZE User Guide which will explain the basic steps of creatikng your own weapons and items.

As for enemies, we keep the best surprise for the end. Soon we will post all the pictures of all the enemies. the best moment for this could be right before the PZE gets released. :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:51:02 am by SilentResident »
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2013, 10:08:28 am »
No worries, the screens that come out about this project never fail to impress and it is good to know the dedication your team has to doing things right.
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2013, 10:40:38 pm »
  • It's just Max.
It's good to know you guys are doing enemies then, I've just seen so little I was starting to get concerned about if there would be any, but keeping them secret to increase suspense and drama about your release can be a legitimate move.

I really like your plans for a map pack, specifically that they're after you finish the main part of PZE, so people can get down to playing and creating with your project without having to wait for maps that aren't necessarily going to affect them.

Rock on, anyways! : D

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2013, 01:01:03 am »
I like where this is going. What is the level of customization? Can I make my own maps and sprites and put them in the game where the engine will transform them with collision boxes and interaction flags? Also, your answer about removing the masks: clarify for me. Do you mean that the masks will still exist in the compiled game's code, or that they will be removed from the end product altogether? Because I can see the former causing some space issues....don't want a 700 MB file where 500 MB is unused code, right?
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2013, 10:08:36 am »
I like where this is going. What is the level of customization? Can I make my own maps and sprites and put them in the game where the engine will transform them with collision boxes and interaction flags? Also, your answer about removing the masks: clarify for me. Do you mean that the masks will still exist in the compiled game's code, or that they will be removed from the end product altogether? Because I can see the former causing some space issues....don't want a 700 MB file where 500 MB is unused code, right?

The level of customization is extreme. It can be limited only by your own mapping skills. What maps you might create, depends on you. What map types (from dungeon maps to overworld or cave maps), - or map graphics (from A Link to the Past-styled maps to Minish Cap-styled maps) depends on you and your painting skills and your favorite Image painting software (although the PZE will be provided with some LTTP-styled tilesets for you to begin with).

The importing of sprites and tilesets is very simple:

How to import a sprite to the PZE:
Create a sprite using your favorite image editing software (PNG format is best) -> Import to the PZE -> ready for use!

How to make a (lets say, forest) map:
Create an image file with your favorite image editing software and add to it tree tiles, flower tiles and whatever else that could be used to make up for your forest -> Import that image file (PNG format is best) to the PZE, where the engine will ask you to mark which tiles in the tileset shall be passable and which ones impassable (obviously, you will mark the tree's tiles as impassable) -> ready for use to make your maps with, using the PZE's build-in Map Creator tool.

As for the masks - All the masks take no more than 1MB or 2MB in the engine, so really, they are well-integrated and optimized into the PZE's core system, so the complete removal of their functions is more of a trouble rather than of a benefit.

If you don't want the masks in the PZE, simply ignore them and don't place masks into your game's treasure chests. This will be enough and there will be no way for the gamers to access the masks at all.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:18:04 am by SilentResident »
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2013, 08:52:56 pm »
Thanks for the comments !
SR said it well, you can customize everything in terms of graphics parts
could it be from Hud, characters, to tilesets. Also the RPG maker XP editor to create map
is very friendly to use and look more or less like the Editor Xfixium made for Game Maker,
with the exception that you have only 3 layers to create maps + one layer for the
interaction events and you don't need to imports maps because the editor is already integrated with Rpg maker XP.

For the masks and others Items-tools they don't take much space, if you decide to not use thems,
simply ignore them. The inventory menu come with a mask section,
which could be removed easily if you don't use it.
But overall you can customize everything or remove what you don't want. For the Starter Kit,
we aimed to have lot of items\weapons already availables, so the users can choose
which weapons or items they want for theirs games The tools or weapons can be customized
to your tastes whitout the necessity to have go through into hard coding.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 09:23:14 pm by Baffou »
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2013, 02:06:52 am »
Hello people, friends and fans!

As soon as everyone in our team feels that the engine is 100% ready, we will release the next demo to the public!

I still have some fixes to do on the Goron Link's animations as soon as I get my computer repaired from thunderstorm damage, I will be back on full work to finish the remaining Goron Link's stances and also address with our team's scripter some issues regarding on the monster Tektite, which is supposed to cause damage and hurt Link when it jumps onto him (but currently it doesnt). After we are fully satisfied, you will get the demo!

I apologize for the long waiting time, but we really want to provide you with a quality product. Thanks for your patience! :)

Our immediate priorities:
The Goron Form:

The Tektite's attack pattern:

List of many other features the new PZE's demo will bring to you:
Spin Attack - varied spin range, depending on your sword's length:

Particles System:

Finished Guard Detection System:

Big Rocks System:

Better Graphics for the horse, based on sources, but re-mastered and revamped.

Enemies with configurable AI - more info on them, soon!:

Many new map interactions such as Gossip Stones and switches, etc:

Bomb flowers:

Advanced Item Selections and Hotkey System:

And many other improvements, such as the complete demo sample of a world map, the chapters system, the organized text messages, the foreign language support and the ability to change the language of the game and its menus on the fly, and more!

Thanks for your patience! :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:12:14 am by SilentResident »
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2013, 09:08:03 am »
This certainly is an awesome project, I would surely like to try it once it's done, it would also be awesome if an Oracle of Seasons/Ages-esque engine like this would be created in the future.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:13:25 am by GrimJason »
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2013, 10:15:48 am »
This certainly is an awesome project, I would surely like to try it once it's done, it would also be awesome if an Oracle of Seasons/Ages-esque engine like this would be created in the future.

The PZE features both a Seasons system which can be controlled by using the Rod of Seasons, and time travel by using the Harp of Ages.

OOA/OOS games created with the PZE could be awesome to see!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:18:33 am by SilentResident »
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2014, 11:29:46 pm »
Happy New Year, dear people and Nintendofans! Our team has done some nice progress the Christmas and we are now presenting you the results!

The Pegasus Boots now are complete! This couple of shoes, now not only allows Link to dash, but also literally collides with environments and surfaces, to cause items fall from them! Literally, you can place a Book of your liking on the bookcase (in our case the Book of Mudora), just to dash onto it and take it back! We are very happy with the results!

Who didn't play the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds? Well, most of us in our team didn't, sadly, as the Nintendo 3DS console remains very expensive, and therefore, any content we added from the A Link Between Worlds was either by watching Youtube videos, or with MetalZelda's help (lucky little devil, he always have money!)
The PZE's Dark World map can very well be renamed into Lorule!

From the A Link Between Worlds, we added a couple of stuff, as well as the Ravio's Rental Shop and the Item Rental System to the Project Zelda Engine!

And last, for the fans who for a long time have been waiting to see enemies in the Project Zelda Engine, finally we come with some samples of the XAS-powered combat system!

The Project Zelda Engine team wishes you have a Happy New Year 2014!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2014, 12:40:40 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Ooh stuff from A Link Between Worlds! Is item upgrading already in, because there's ways the weapons upgrade and change in ALBW and I love how they do it.

Especially the Nice Ice Rod and and Nice Fire Rod.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 75 queries.