Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PvP Hylian Knights v Ganon's Tribal Belt  (Read 2700 times)

PvP Hylian Knights v Ganon's Tribal Belt
« on: September 29, 2012, 02:52:46 pm »
I have no actual ability to make a game. No idea how to program. This is just a cool idea I had. If anyone wants to help make this happen, I'd love to help design and sprite / make music. That's the extent of my abilities.

The game would have a few different maps, medium sized areas. The game would be online PvP only. It's a fairly simple idea, and much more doable in terms of development than an epic full scale single player Zelda game.

LttP graphics
Death match style gameplay

To the Hylians, the Old God - Ganon, symbolizes the greed and pig-like nature of man. He is also the idol deity of the lawless Tribal Belt. They are constantly at war with the Hylians, to fulfill the chaotic desires of their God. The Hylians on the other hand, worship the ancient Old Hero - Link.

Other idea to make it more interesting:

After a large number of consecutive kills without dying, if the option is turned on before that match, the player will be attacked by the ghost spirit of an ancient lord. A bubble will then surround the player and ghost NPC enemy, so other online players can't interfere.For Hylian Knights, the ancient lord will be the Hylian Prophet: Old Man. For the Tribal Belt, the ancient lord will be Agahnim. If the player loses, the other team gets two kills. If he wins, that player will temporarily embody the spirit of the Old God - Ganon (Tribal Belt) or the Old Hero - Link (Hylian Knight)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: PvP Hylian Knights v Ganon's Tribal Belt
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 05:09:26 pm »
Interesting concept. I like the idea of two random players becoming 'chosen' by their respective gods, and then forced to duel eachother while they cannot interact with others.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 01:14:27 am »
Thanks, not sure if I was clear enough though with that idea. When the chosen player with a nice kill count is chosen by their prophet (Zelda* or Agahnim) , and has to defeat their NPC enemy prophet to temporarily embody their deity (Link or Ganon)

The chosen deity player then is kind of super-powered, getting Link's beam-sword and stronger attack power / more hearts or Ganon's trident and more hearts.

* I said Old Man in the original post, as in the guy in the cave in the first game, but Zelda would be more appropriate and interesting. Fighting Spirit Zelda sounds fun

EDIT:
If you are on the Hylian Knights team you'd get to choose between a few different looking Hylian characters to play as, each with a different build.

HYLIAN KNIGHTS
Standard Knight (+3 Sword / Shield) - 4 hearts
Heavy Knight (+2 Sword / Great Shield) - 5 hearts
Archer (Bow+Arrows / Bombs / Mirror Shield) - 3 hearts
Scout (+1 Sword / Boomerang / Pegasus Boots)  - 2 hearts

GANON'S TRIBE
Moblin Knight (+3 Spear / Shield) - 4 hearts
Darknut (+2 Sword / Great Shield) - 5 hearts
Moblin Archer (Bow+Arrows / Bombs / Mirror Shield) - 3 hearts
Goriya (+1 Sword / Boomerang / Pegasus Boots) - 2 hearts
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 01:40:27 am by Moldrill »

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 01:11:46 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Nice man, but this is close to something my nooby self thought of back then minus the "how the factions are set up"  XDhttp://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33734.0

When I played FSA shadow Battle something like this came to mind. If you can pull this off, the game will be great, also what program your going to use to make it?  :huh:
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:34:33 pm »
Yeah I haven't looked but it's a fairly simple idea, so wouldn't be surprised if multiple other fan games are similar. I don't like how you mixed LttP and MC style of sprites either, but regardless... I'm not making this. Just saying it'd be a sweet idea. I don't program. If anyone wants to help me with it I'd be glad to do mapping and design stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 45 queries.