Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Just bought a Wii U  (Read 7436 times)

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
Just bought a Wii U
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:28:32 am »
It was weird though cuz I looked at the cashier asking for a year subscription of XBOX Live to go with it and she gave me this funny look and I was like "uhhhh duh I want to play Killzone online" and she just thought I was weird I think its because I shaved my mustache I mean I was pretty depressed after Colorado didn't make it to the Pac-12 championship game this year and that was a pretty killer blow because Phillips didn't design the Wii U quite solid enough to play my games online but I thought ya know what if I bought it anyway it could be fun times I could play some Killzone bro-op and everything would be pretty cool but then I'd have to watch out for the Appriser of the end of days because he'd try to sell me a new pair of Levi jeans and I'd have to be like "i bought wranglers because phillip rivers told me to on that commercial" and that'd just be totally embarrassing because $200 jeans is a lot to spend but they're pretty sweet man and especially when you're MMA fighting its just one of those things ya know so I wanted to play The Legend of Zelda but XBOX Live couldn't take it and I'm just like "wtf" and then I went to go take my dog duckbeard on a walk but he pooped on the neighbors lawn and that was just a really disappointing time in my life

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: Just bought a Wii U
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 04:06:25 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88V9IcwtIeM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88V9IcwtIeM</a>

You might try using some punctuation  :P
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 12:07:17 am »
  • "Know suffering! Know death!"
Hope you enjoy it  :)
"I am the wellspring of darkness, fed by Zemus's unbridled hate... I am He who is called Zeromus... I am he who knows naught but hate!"

Alex

kittens!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 02:20:22 am »
  • fishy cakes~
Color me newb, but what makes this console better than my Wii?  I just got my Wii around ten months ago and don't want to be too far behind the times :-[
  • Personal Blog

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:24:20 am »
dog its fricken' legit i bought the great gianna sisters for it and it kicks the !@#$% out of that mario game you can play on ps3 like its unreal the graphics look like something straight out of a movie in 1985 i'd say save up and buy one its worth the money

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 02:33:55 am »
Color me newb, but what makes this console better than my Wii?  I just got my Wii around ten months ago and don't want to be too far behind the times :-[
Buffalo is yanking your chain....

Just watch some Wii - U demo vids on youtube and you'll see the graphics are better.
Personally, I'll need to to play the games myself with that tablet/controller to see how it feels.  I got rid of my Wii years ago because motion controls are retarded, IMO, for the more "hardcore" crowd.  It completely killed Twilight Princess for me as I bought the Wii version and wasn't willing to give more money for the Gamecube version and purchase a GCN controller.

I don't even know how people have put in over 50 hours on SS...my arms and hands hurt just thinking about it o.0
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 03:08:47 am »
  • 笑い男
Twilight princess just mapped wiggle to a button, but SS was made around the motion plus. It completely changes the way to play such games. No more mashing the attack button and waiting for the right typing, then letting the game do its thing. You look at the enemy, wait for the right moment, then swing in the right way. You'll be blocked and have to react to that, or if you did well you'll land a hit. Obvious in real time it's a lot more than this, but there's a lot more conscious thinking involved over just waggling away. Do you go into a sword fight throwing your arms around while running into the enemy waiting for a hit? Of course you don't. That'd be quite retarded. You don't do the same in SS either. It's just aiming how you hold the remote and timing your swings, or flicks every now and then. If you imaged people flailing their arms around going nuts trying to beat every enemy via brute force for 50 hours, then yeah... I don't know how people could do that either. Thank god no one did (or at least I hope no one did >_<)

Seriously now though, going back to playing a zelda game by pressing just a button to attack seems like playing a game from the stone age in comparison. So simple and basic.

As for the wii u, just search for the wii u and you'll find tons of info on it. Nintendo's site's a good place to start for an intro to it.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 03:16:40 am »
Twilight princess just mapped wiggle to a button, but SS was made around the motion plus. It completely changes the way to play such games. No more mashing the attack button and waiting for the right typing, then letting the game do its thing. You look at the enemy, wait for the right moment, then swing in the right way. You'll be blocked and have to react to that, or if you did well you'll land a hit. Obvious in real time it's a lot more than this, but there's a lot more conscious thinking involved over just waggling away. Do you go into a sword fight throwing your arms around while running into the enemy waiting for a hit? Of course you don't. That'd be quite retarded. You don't do the same in SS either. It's just aiming how you hold the remote and timing your swings, or flicks every now and then. If you imaged people flailing their arms around going nuts trying to beat every enemy via brute force for 50 hours, then yeah... I don't know how people could do that either. Thank god no one did (or at least I hope no one did >_<)

Seriously now though, going back to playing a zelda game by pressing just a button to attack seems like playing a game from the stone age in comparison. So simple and basic.

As for the wii u, just search for the wii u and you'll find tons of info on it. Nintendo's site's a good place to start for an intro to it.

But I am playing a game, not actually saving the world.  I don't need nor want to wave my arms to play a game.  It's a videogame, not real-life.  Having to act the part doesn't immerse me into the game.  It detracts from something else that is missing in the game.  It's just like very pretty graphics: they are usually making up for something the game is missing.

If you enjoy moving your hands or body(Kinect), go for it.  I'll take a gamepad or a mouse and keyboard combination any day ;)
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 04:22:49 am »
  • 笑い男
I did complete the entire game on my bed, if that helps you :p

Would be easier to just experience it for yourself though. It'll be far from an experience you'll regret.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 08:54:59 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I'll take a gamepad or a mouse and keyboard combination any day ;)

Same here. To be fair, SS with the wiimote does not need much more than wrist movements. At least, that's what I could tell from the short amount of time I got to play it. I'm going to sound lazy, but when I play a video game, I want to be relaxed (usually because I work hard at my job and come home exhausted), and even the small amount of motion required for SS can be tiring. I find a keyboard and mouse to be the most comfortable, and a gamepad is fine too.

Anyway, I just realized that the Wii U is coming out in less than a week. I couldn't stand the low resolution for Wii, but the Wii U is something I might be interested in getting if I can ever afford it.
  • My Music
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 09:27:54 am »

LOL. Too bad skyward sword was based too much around the Wiimote and every other part of the game failed in comparison. Multiple Silent Realms, Multiple repeating boss fights.

Hell the WM+ only followed your movements until you attacked, once you moved your arm to attack it acted like a delayed button press. Sometimes the WM+ failed to use the right attack i wanted to use, which !@#$% me up, especially against ZeldaKefka. Going back to button zeldas would be a breathe of fresh area compared to SS. A lot of the enemies in SS you could easily just shield bash then waggle them until you won.

Especially the fat enemies with the Shields, you could easily run up to them and get caught in between their fat and the giant shield allowing you easy openings to damage them.

thestig

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 09:42:14 am »

Oh, you mean the awesome controls that work like this?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4DeHTo6hUI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4DeHTo6hUI</a>
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 11:05:36 pm »
  • 笑い男
Hell the WM+ only followed your movements until you attacked, once you moved your arm to attack it acted like a delayed button press. Sometimes the WM+ failed to use the right attack i wanted to use, which !@#$% me up, especially against ZeldaKefka.

Pretty sure that's a problem of blaming the tools man.
It happened to me too, but it wasn't hard to realise that because I'm lazily playing it on my bed with simple wrist flicks etc that in real life, my brain thinking slash horizontally! didn't transform into such a slash in my movements, perhaps more of a diagonal one, which is exactly what the remote picked up and the game displayed. Sure it didn't match my thoughts, so it looked like the game !@#$% up, but in the end, it's just a problem of the game not being able to read your thoughts.

I guess some people that just love to hate are going to believe that I really had to fight with the controls and am ignoring such a fact here, acting as if they worked very well, just to "defend" nintendo or something.
Not too sure why I'd go as far as lying to even do such a thing, as that'd be rather stupid, but all I can say is that it worked very well for me and was a very enjoyable experience. Bad luck for those that weren't capable of having as much fun.
Obviously it's far from perfect, and I don't know why anyone would expect it to be, especially if you're trying to translate your thoughts into game movements, more than your own (where you need to properly control your own movements first), but for what it is, it was very nice, for me anyway. Sure, thinking about the future it'll probably look !@#$% in comparison to what may come in the decades to come, but after playing the entire game and then thinking about how I used to just press a button to do a simple attack in zelda games, that just felt extremely simplistic to the point of being rather surprised at how SS had changed things, if only for that instant.

I did have technical problems with it, where the IR light from the sun (I guess) made the pointer go nuts, which is what it also used to automatically calibrate itself, but closing my curtains completely fixed that problem.

If I'm honest, I feel sorry for those of you that weren't able to properly enjoy it because of whatever problem, and especially for those that automatically favour the feeling/thinking of "a few complaints in god knows what circumstances = everyone's complaining and the games broken and its a piece of !@#$% not even worth experiencing". You're not going to experience much in life holding yourself back in such basic ways imo. Humans just love to find absolutely any bit of "evidence" to support their thoughts, such as "is there really a better alternative? Or can I be at piece that where I currently am is the best and I do not need to change my ways as that seems really annoying/hard", which ends up in people easily finding excuses to carry on doing the exact same stuff that they always knew their entire lives and die experiencing nothing different and therefore nothing of the real world/life.
This is just something I've noticed a lot from people lately.

Really went a bit off topic there :p

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 01:24:34 am »
Hell the WM+ only followed your movements until you attacked, once you moved your arm to attack it acted like a delayed button press. Sometimes the WM+ failed to use the right attack i wanted to use, which !@#$% me up, especially against ZeldaKefka.

Pretty sure that's a problem of blaming the tools man.
It happened to me too, but it wasn't hard to realise that because I'm lazily playing it on my bed with simple wrist flicks etc that in real life, my brain thinking slash horizontally! didn't transform into such a slash in my movements, perhaps more of a diagonal one, which is exactly what the remote picked up and the game displayed. Sure it didn't match my thoughts, so it looked like the game !@#$% up, but in the end, it's just a problem of the game not being able to read your thoughts.

I guess some people that just love to hate are going to believe that I really had to fight with the controls and am ignoring such a fact here, acting as if they worked very well, just to "defend" nintendo or something.
Not too sure why I'd go as far as lying to even do such a thing, as that'd be rather stupid, but all I can say is that it worked very well for me and was a very enjoyable experience. Bad luck for those that weren't capable of having as much fun.
Obviously it's far from perfect, and I don't know why anyone would expect it to be, especially if you're trying to translate your thoughts into game movements, more than your own (where you need to properly control your own movements first), but for what it is, it was very nice, for me anyway. Sure, thinking about the future it'll probably look !@#$% in comparison to what may come in the decades to come, but after playing the entire game and then thinking about how I used to just press a button to do a simple attack in zelda games, that just felt extremely simplistic to the point of being rather surprised at how SS had changed things, if only for that instant.

I did have technical problems with it, where the IR light from the sun (I guess) made the pointer go nuts, which is what it also used to automatically calibrate itself, but closing my curtains completely fixed that problem.

If I'm honest, I feel sorry for those of you that weren't able to properly enjoy it because of whatever problem, and especially for those that automatically favour the feeling/thinking of "a few complaints in god knows what circumstances = everyone's complaining and the games broken and its a piece of !@#$% not even worth experiencing". You're not going to experience much in life holding yourself back in such basic ways imo. Humans just love to find absolutely any bit of "evidence" to support their thoughts, such as "is there really a better alternative? Or can I be at piece that where I currently am is the best and I do not need to change my ways as that seems really annoying/hard", which ends up in people easily finding excuses to carry on doing the exact same stuff that they always knew their entire lives and die experiencing nothing different and therefore nothing of the real world/life.
This is just something I've noticed a lot from people lately.

Really went a bit off topic there :p

This is either the best, or worst damage control i have ever seen. I honestly can't tell

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 09:00:24 pm »
Right, the game is broken and it definitely is not your own skill that is lacking.

On the Wii U. I don't think that I will be getting it immediately. Maybe after the new year some where. I will get the premium package. I'm not interested in the basic kit.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 09:37:52 pm »
Right, the game is broken and it definitely is not your own skill that is lacking.

On the Wii U. I don't think that I will be getting it immediately. Maybe after the new year some where. I will get the premium package. I'm not interested in the basic kit.

XD skill, you act like skyward sword is hard

Guess what, it's not. I see skyward sword has gotten Demons Souls syndrome. Change a game a bit and all of a sudden people act like their little zelda game requires skill.

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 06:57:29 pm »
I wasn't saying that Skyward Sword is hard. It is actually pretty easy.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:26 am »
I wasn't saying that Skyward Sword is hard. It is actually pretty easy.

Then why did you try and say that it wasn't the device but a lack of skill. Since the game doesn't really require skill, its just the WM+ can be borked

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 02:13:37 pm »
  • 笑い男
Not too sure why you have to be afraid to call it "hard" and act like its a breeze or what not (no idea what's really going on there), but, I don't think "skill" = "mad skillz".
Everything requires skill. Even walking. While walking sure is a lot harder I'm sure, SS does take plenty of "skill" to play properly, while obviously not being too much for your average gamer.
I don't remember it being hard, but it didn't play itself. Those silent realms fissure seems to love sure weren't a walk in the park though :p

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 08:24:51 pm »
Not too sure why you have to be afraid to call it "hard" and act like its a breeze or what not (no idea what's really going on there), but, I don't think "skill" = "mad skillz".
Everything requires skill. Even walking. While walking sure is a lot harder I'm sure, SS does take plenty of "skill" to play properly, while obviously not being too much for your average gamer.
I don't remember it being hard, but it didn't play itself. Those silent realms fissure seems to love sure weren't a walk in the park though :p

It's that i don't want to call it hard, it's that the game wasn't hard lol.

Ugh the Silent Realms, one of the things that annoyed me about the game. 1 would of been fine, but 4? !@#$% THAT. The problem with SS is that like i said Nintendo spent too much time trying to base everything around their "OMG INNOVATIVE' WM+ controls that the rest of the game suffered because of it. Repeating Silent Realms, repeating boss fights. Less areas, etc.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 75 queries.