Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NES Zelda remastered in newer age style.  (Read 9378 times)

Re: NES Zelda remastered in newer age style.
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 02:44:54 am »
All these ideas sound very good. I was thinking if adding extras like the sword scrolls would be cool, so i might add something like that. And i have done a fair amount of coding, although these last couple days have sucked in school so not much has been done. Well its friday soon so thank god. But yes i have various amounts coded for link, once i complete some or most of link i am moving on to collisions then enemies, and then adding stuff to finalize areas like dungeons for demos and stuff. Thank you all for the input! Also for the graveyard, that is most likely the best way to go. I tried going away from the dark and dreary dead graveyard stereotype, and tried to make it seem real, but something ominous. Some rain and the ghosts will add in through coding though.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 07:53:55 am »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
Don't forget flowers. Maybe make the gravestones readable...
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 05:43:20 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
For that matter, have some graves with grass on them, some with flowers, and some with just dirt (recently occupied). That'd be a nice touch as opposed to having every grave look the same.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 05:53:13 am »
All of those sound good, and i have started implimenting those tonight. Progress on the engine is going decent so far. since the map is half decent, as in atleast everything is there, i have been focusing on more of the technical part of things. Tomorrow i have a decently free day, so we will see if i can get a screenshot out or something, trying to do different stuff then usual, as in a different way to use the bow then just push a button and such. These suggestions are all very good, im glad there is some interest in this project! although i would like some input on how to make my submenu items, because i wanted to be able to switch between the swords and shields and tunics and stuff, and so the old item screen im trying to ditch.. but the biggest question ive been at is dungeons.. am i just going to retile them, or should i add new enemies and such. but if i add new enemies that would end up changing whole dungeons..
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:03:37 pm by Whitay »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 10:17:05 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Well, if you want to be able to switch between tunics and swords and shields, you'd have to give players a reason to do so.

Also, the question of what to do for the dungeons if critical in deciding whether to turn this project into a revamp ( = re-tiling) or a remake ( = retcon or update to modern standards). Your choice, but you better make it pretty early in this project.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 11:22:16 pm »
Well i would give them a few different things then just damage reduction. Also that is true.. What would be some differences for swords then? Because im thinking of like OOT and stuff having changeable swords/shields. I might make the last sword seem like a 2 hander? Or some difference. And then shields are interchangeable for likelikes and such. Also im having dungeons remain the same then.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 11:00:09 am »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
Normally In Zelda swords are power increases. but things have been done before that you could look into.

Sword beams
Increased chance of rupee drop
^ item drops
^ heart drops

For tunics I'd consider

Lose rupees instead of hearts (creativity could have it use your wallet as a revive if you die wearing it. The money inside I mean. ALL OF IT)
Increase defense
Increase effectiveness of items
Increase move speed

Shields are a bit easier

Block projectiles
Block normal attacks and projectiles
Block magic projectiles
Block magic attacks and projectiles
Reflect magic attacks and projectiles and  normal attacks and projectiles
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 12:56:14 pm »
I like the sword idea, as it would be cool for the white sword to stack up on rupees, and the magic one would be hearts, and the wooden sword im not sure. As of tunics besides defense i would need a factor as to why you would want to switch, and idk on the rupees.  but not sure on that either, so all ideas are helping. What my main goal is an item screen or two that arent really small and stuff, so maybe an item screen and a quest screen kind of deal.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 05:42:59 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
For tunic ideas, look to the Oracle Charms from Minish Cap and the tunic upgrades from LADX. For sword ideas, try implementing something similar to the Picolytes or the Oracle-series Rings. For shields, Skyward sword has a good model for the good use of altering shields. In all of this, be careful to not make some ability / special property gimmicky, and be sure to plan out very well if you plan on using (and how you will use) a special item as a required item.

For the menu screens, the handhelds do a good job at splitting up the different modules of the "pause" menu: one screen for selectable items, one for displaying quest items, one for displaying a map. Other screens include a screen showing current equipment (like Ocarina of Time).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:45:04 am by Miles07 »

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 10:03:16 pm »
I would rather see a spiritual successor fangame to the NES Zelda rather than a remake tribute that would be less fun. The big draw to that game was the unknown. Here you are plopped right in the middle of a huge overworld with only a vague intro to tell you what to do. And to top that off, the second quest was completely different.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 07:35:41 pm »
Im pretty sure i am going to keep it just a remake, i was thinking thay after it would be simple to make a new second quest though. But thats wayyy in the future. Can you elaborate on the spiritual successor..?

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 07:44:52 pm »
Spiritual successor means it has the same theme of adventure into the unknown, but has some new elements too. One could suggest that Link to the Past is a spiritual successor to Zelda NES.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 09:13:46 pm »
I see what you mean, and thats kind of what im trying here. Enemies would be more advanced, and movement/sword control is different then 4 directions and a stab. Im trying to make the weapons the same but different. Im trying to keep the geography and level design the same, but how its traversed, and such, is done differently. So its not only a graphical remake anymore. This is also on pause for maybe a week, as i am going away for a bit, and rather brought my wii to play oot, WW; MM, TP, and ohers to have some fun.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 61 queries.

anything