Projects > Zelda Projects

[GMS] The Legend of Zelda GBC

<< < (2/7) > >>

MaJoRa:
What are you developing it in? What platforms do you plan to release it for, and will you be animating things like the sea / water etc (I know you said some things are yet to be animated but curious as to what they are).

TheRealMethuselah:

--- Quote from: Miles07 on June 01, 2020, 05:04:46 am ---Wow, this is looking great!

--- Quote from: TheRealMethuselah on June 01, 2020, 02:55:57 am ---I named them Justin and Bailey (a little easter egg to an obscure METROID code).

--- End quote ---

"obscure"

It's probably one of the two well-known Metroid NES passcodes, the other being the "NAR Password" (or as I like to call it, the "narpas sword").

--- End quote ---
Yes, well, for OUR generation it's pretty well known... my son's - not so much. ;)

--- Quote from: Mariotag on June 01, 2020, 09:21:34 am ---So, you created the site? Nice to have you back!
This looks promising. I'd like to try it when it's done for sure!

--- End quote ---
Yep, that was me. Thank you.

--- Quote from: MaJoRa on June 01, 2020, 11:56:32 am ---What are you developing it in? What platforms do you plan to release it for, and will you be animating things like the sea / water etc (I know you said some things are yet to be animated but curious as to what they are).

--- End quote ---
This is made in Game Maker Studio. I plan on releasing it for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android (when I get a chance to make an onscreen controller).

Correct, some of the water and ocean waves haven't been animated yet. You'll notice on some of the areas in the video, I already have the animation frames going, just haven't got around to doing that for all of them.

--- Quote from: MaJoRa on June 01, 2020, 11:56:32 am ---... and will you be animating things like the sea / water etc (I know you said some things are yet to be animated but curious as to what they are).

--- End quote ---
Speaking of which:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m5YhT4yIRA

MaJoRa:
I bet having it keep the animation frame as you transition from screen to screen would be a real pain in the ass depending how built it.

TheRealMethuselah:
Not particularly. I just noticed what you meant. I'll fix that.

Miles07:

--- Quote from: TheRealMethuselah on June 01, 2020, 12:44:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: Miles07 on June 01, 2020, 05:04:46 am ---Wow, this is looking great!

--- Quote from: TheRealMethuselah on June 01, 2020, 02:55:57 am ---I named them Justin and Bailey (a little easter egg to an obscure METROID code).

--- End quote ---

"obscure"

It's probably one of the two well-known Metroid NES passcodes, the other being the "NAR Password" (or as I like to call it, the "narpas sword").

--- End quote ---
Yes, well, for OUR generation it's pretty well known... my son's - not so much. ;)

--- End quote ---

I'm more impressed your son knows what Metroid is...

As for the layout, it seems to follow the original quite closely. Are the dungeons also going to have the same-tiles-but-different-palettes pattern as the original? Or were you planning to spice those up a little with aesthetic or surprise layout changes?

Also, would choosing a different character change anything? Like, one can hit harder, another runs faster, etc?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version