Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: /me draws a Master Sword  (Read 5640 times)

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
/me draws a Master Sword
« on: June 20, 2006, 07:45:33 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Here's my version of a Master Sword, just finished a few minutes ago. Every picture of one is a bit different, so I did my own thing with the hilt and handle. Not true pixel art, but close. Anti-aliased on the inside only, so it will work as a game sprite.

This will be used in my game, so please do not take without permission (which may be granted with good reason ;)).

C+C is welcome, this is my first art attempt, well, ever.
Re: /me draws a Master Sword
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:12:56 pm »
WOW! WOW! Very nice dude! Looks beautiful!

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 08:17:27 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Swords are always really easy to do, but you did better then people usually do on this. Good use of shape and colour
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 08:17:41 pm »
  • =/
Nice, better then allot of MS pixel art.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 08:50:17 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
I didn't know you could sprite! j/k. Awesome work man, love the colors and shading ;)

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 09:02:32 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Good response so far? Thanks a lot, everyone! But really, if there's anything that looks jagged or off about it, let me know. That thing was from scratch (with a photo to guideline) and it honestly was my first try, there must be some room for improvement. Look closer. :P

Pedlya: You're right, swords aren't all that hard to draw, but you could detail them forever.  :o

If anyone's wondering what I meant by "not true pixel art", this is it:
No palette was used. The main outline, the handle, the etchings in the blade and hilt, and the anti-aliasing was done by the pixel, but through shading existing colours, not picking from a palette. The blade, gold jewel, and joints at each end of the handle were fountain fills, and the blade and top part of the hilt were shading using layers of different brightness.

If anybody has Corel Photo-Paint 11 or higher, I could post the layered image for you to play around with.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 09:04:12 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I always do this...I make something like you did but I never post it cause its never finished in my eyes, but you did really well and I have no crit for you...its just plain good n___n
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 09:15:07 pm »
  • hungry..
Excellent, only critisism would be that the horizontal handle bit.. like the ridges have quite a strong contrast, making them seem quite 3 dimensional, where as the wing like bits either side of the handle, dont have as much contrast and so they look a bit flat compared. I'd either dim down the contrast on the handle bumps, or increase it on the side bits.

Other than that... very nice indeed ^_^
  • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 10:10:38 pm »
  • META MAJINKEN!
uhh, itsn't the master sword a bit more purpler?that looks too blue to me.
Its I think better to try and make the blue more purpley

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 10:19:43 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
as the master sword is called the sword of time, or etna de royal which also means (beuty in blue) no it should be blue not purple
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 12:27:23 am »
Very nice, indeed, but as you said there is room for improvement.  I say you should make the hand guards wider, and then flat on the part facing the blade. You used a lot of colors, you could do this with about 15-20, or even less if you wanted to.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 12:43:10 am »
  • META MAJINKEN!

eh?
then why does it look more purpley?

The Creator Of:
  • PureZC

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 12:47:38 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Listen boy, dont ever argue with a mudurologist. Trust me its supposed to be blue, nintendo is just !@#$% morons and dont know what theyre doing when it comes to small details

Aliento

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 01:57:20 am »
Super Smash Brothers Announcer: "INN-CREDIBLE!"

Wow, you never fail to amaze me, as always. Infact, if you don't START failing soon, I'm going to have to find new phrases to describe the way you never fail to amaze me!

Although, if I HAD to make a complaint of some kind, I'd say that it's not entirely accurate to the exact specifications of the real deal. I know the Master Sword inside and out (regardless of the simple fact the you can't really turn a solid object inside out) , and some of the tiny little details arn't EXACTLY right, but this was only after taking a good, hard, second look at it. Then again, you DID admit you decided to do your own thing with it, so it's not important really.

But I digress,  EXCELLENT job, this is damn-near perfect. Keep this up, and you'll force me to think up new phrases, you evil, evil man.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 01:59:51 am by Aliento »
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 02:07:57 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
Dahs pretty damn cool.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 02:40:41 am »
I think the actual shape of the blade is a little off, compare to the way it looks in game. Bu it's still cool, but the handle looks a little crappy, it looks like there is zero shading, and the blue is a little bright. But again, the blade is looking great!
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 05:42:40 am »
Best MasterSword I have seen in a while.
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 06:49:21 am »
  • :3
i love the shading
  • daniel-kun

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 07:23:18 am »
  • hungry..
Everyone who's said anything like "It's the wrong colour!" or "It's the wrong Shape!" clearly didn't read Goodnight's first post;
Every picture of [The Master Sword] is a bit different, so I did my own thing with the hilt and handle.
  • My Blog

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 01:37:51 pm »
Thats very nice, and i loev the littl shine towards the end.

Listen boy, dont ever argue with a mudurologist. Trust me its supposed to be blue, nintendo is just !@#$% morons and dont know what theyre doing when it comes to small details
Did you make that up ?  ???
Yeh ... Nintendo dont plan the perfect timelines that fans come up with etc..They just make great games.
As youll probably agree, pure pixel blue looks more purple when risen in luminosity, and looks more blue the closer it gets to black. People can make the easy mistake between blue and purple; Similarly, cyan looks more blue than green, despite equal proportions.
Colour is basically shifted because of increasing frequencies making things seem more potent the higher their frequency => Master sword is most probably closer to blue than it is to anything else.

Also, thereare effects in that picture.
Pictures from various games:
http://www.desertcolossus.com/compendium/ootsword.jpg
http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/wallpapers/oot/640x480/linksword.jpg
http://www.triforce-legend.com/dossiers/master/Master_OOT.jpg
http://www.detstar.com/zeldawindwaker/spoilergallery/zeldamastersword.jpg
http://www.nintenblog.fr/dotclear/images/Divers/master%20sword.jpg
http://www.detstar.com/zeldawindwaker/spoilergallery/fallenzelda.jpg
..Apart from Lttps silver hilt, its very blue indeed.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 75 queries.

anything