Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm curious, what's the difference b/t C++ and C++.NET?  (Read 4365 times)

I'm curious, what's the difference b/t C++ and C...
« on: April 08, 2006, 07:59:16 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I've been using .NET for a while and I was wondering what the difference is between the two?  If AP Computer Science runs next year i'm taking it.  See, my school uses macs for their programming and if the course is in C++, we won't be using .NET as that only works on windows...so what's the difference other than that?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Piers

Re: I'm curious, what's the difference b/t C++ a...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 08:06:39 pm »
C++.net is Windows only. C++ is cross platform.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 08:11:46 pm »
  • The Broken King
C++.net has a lot of new libraries that C++ lacks; as well, it is designed to interact easily with other .net applications, such as visual studio.net, etc. However, it is also 'managed' code, which can create weird errors, and has a lot of more rules over how things have to be done than C++. I personally prefer regular C++ as opposed to managed c++.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]

WIP

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 08:22:33 pm »
C++.net is Windows only. C++ is cross platform.
Incorrect. You can use VC.net to create cross platform code. There's a few different ways it can work, though. It can be managed code, which requires something that can run .NET (available for Windows and Linux, I might add). However, you can still write normal C++ code with VC.net.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 08:23:10 pm »
.NET - Uses the .NET Framework, so you need that to run the exes. All executables are also compiled when run, this allows it to be cross-compatible (though the only official platform at the moment is windows) as it allows it to be compiled to the native code of a particular platform, without being recompiled by the programmer.You also have several other features, such as the extensive libarys, garbage collector..etc

Regular - Pretty much .NET without everything said above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 47 queries.

anything