Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: English Bleach Sucks.  (Read 2227 times)

English Bleach Sucks.
« on: September 09, 2006, 06:09:19 am »
  • The Broken King
I just watched it (I didn't evne think I had the channel or the time XD).

It sucked. My girlfriend and I, who have seen the subs, laughed at parts like when Karin and Yuzu were hurt, even though they're supposed to be emotional or whatever. And my roommate, who I was trying to pimp Bleach onto, just sort of stood there and say, 'uh...huh' the entire time. D =

So. Sticking to subs, am I.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
Re: English Bleach Sucks.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 06:13:13 am »
I'll say my opinion once i find a "channel" to "order" it from.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 06:21:26 am »
The line up of actors is pretty good Vash from Trigun (Power Rangers, etc for the main character). I think Faye from CowBoy Bebop is somewhere in there too, along with several other pretty big names in Anime (english) versions.

From what little i've seen it looks not too bad.. Bleach wont be here in English for another few weeks, So i'm unfortunate for the time being. I'll judge it when i watch it. I can say one thing, It will probably be better than Bleach Portal's fan-dub. Though i was impressed with that.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 08:20:11 pm »
  • The Broken King
It's relatively alright as far as english dubbing goes.

Which doesn't mean it's good. ;)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 09:32:44 pm »
I watched the english dub on youtube, and the voice acting is just fine.

So the only thing I'm going to say is:

NO U

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 10:25:47 pm »
Oh, please... X___x Enough. We're gonna have Naruto dubbed in Germany soon, I've seen some previews and it SUCKS HORRIBLY!! The dubbing... is... so disgusting... ;__;

TRW, you're right. I got a friend who FORCES me to see Bleach (japanese original, subbed), so yeah.

It's sad that dubbing sucks so much. >_<
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 12:04:21 am »
If dubbing was all... But almost every (that I know of) anime that comes into USA and later gets exported to Europe, like Naruto, Sonic X, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Shaman King, and so on... the whole storyline gets changed (to worse plz), characters and the story get really immature, no blood, stupid censures...
That's why I keep on sticking with fansubs ^^
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 12:24:37 am »
The whole storyline doesn't get changed. If you don't like dubs, don't watch them, plain and simple. No need to spread lies about them.
  • Google Profile

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 12:48:54 am »
  • hungry..
I really dislike dubbing on foreign films, it completely removes the passion and true, intended emotion of the original. And I really hate it when it's totally awful dubbing like this sounds like it is.
  • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 05:22:38 am »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.
I'd take subs any day, anime or cinema alike.
  • Chaos Colosseum
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 07:51:29 am »
Just saw the dub.

It was pretty awesome.

It was still as emotional as ever.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 05:03:29 pm »
  • PWNED
its not that it sucks,its because you all are too used to the japanese voices.If you had watched english bleach without watching the japanese bleach you would have thought otherwise.

SPIRITPROJECT.TK ACTIVE FORUM FOR ANIME AND GAMING!
  • Hotpiebob

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 11:24:50 pm »
its not that it sucks,its because you all are too used to the japanese voices.If you had watched english bleach without watching the japanese bleach you would have thought otherwise.

I have seen the subbed episodes, and I think that the english dub is good.
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 04:44:21 am »
so do i

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 08:14:24 pm »
I love how weeaboos complain that dubs are terrible and crap, when they really aren't. Just because something is different doesn't mean it's bad. It's people like you that ENSLAVED AFRICANS.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 09:19:42 pm »
The whole storyline doesn't get changed. If you don't like dubs, don't watch them, plain and simple. No need to spread lies about them.
Err... Not trying to get into arguments, just showing my opinion, the only thing I recall... In Yu-Gi-Oh!, hmm, duel with Arkana, in Japan they would get their legs cut, in America they would be teleported to Shadow Realm (where Yugi has already been sometimes, so don't really see the big deal here). The part in episode 12, the whole part where Joey and Tristan were peekin when Mai was having bath and later she tells them her past - working in a bingo was totally cutted off... Lots of fighting parts (punchs and kicks, nothing special) were cutted off... A part where Bandit Keith was pointing a gun to Pegasus, in the US version, the gun was taken off, and it showed Bandit Keith pointing his hand...
You can see more here: http://www.ym4.kit.net/censuras/cortes_episodios/cortes.htm, it's in Brazilian, but just click in the links and check the pics...
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 09:33:33 pm »
4kids doesn't want to take any chances with parents.

You try dubbing things, spending money licensing it, getting VA's, you wouldn't want to get sued after an enranged parent saw your show.

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 11:42:44 pm »
Err... Not trying to get into arguments, just showing my opinion, the only thing I recall... In Yu-Gi-Oh!, hmm, duel with Arkana, in Japan they would get their legs cut, in America they would be teleported to Shadow Realm (where Yugi has already been sometimes, so don't really see the big deal here). The part in episode 12, the whole part where Joey and Tristan were peekin when Mai was having bath and later she tells them her past - working in a bingo was totally cutted off... Lots of fighting parts (punchs and kicks, nothing special) were cutted off... A part where Bandit Keith was pointing a gun to Pegasus, in the US version, the gun was taken off, and it showed Bandit Keith pointing his hand...
You can see more here: http://www.ym4.kit.net/censuras/cortes_episodios/cortes.htm, it's in Brazilian, but just click in the links and check the pics...
Believe it or not, that's not the whole story. Those are tiny details that DON'T MATTER. Besides, if you don't like the americanization of your favorite anime, you don't have to watch it.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 11:31:12 am »
  • The Broken King
I love how weeaboos complain that dubs are terrible and crap, when they really aren't. Just because something is different doesn't mean it's bad. It's people like you that ENSLAVED AFRICANS.

XD
I had high expectations for the english dub. I didn't hate it because it was different. I went into it expecting something great. I was disappointed with what I saw, and probably will not be watching it again. (It's rare for me to actually watch a show on tv, anyways, and it's easier to find sub downloads, so meh XD).

But this isn't a case of me deciding that becuase it's not japanese, it sucks. I don't really care if you liked it or not - that's your opinion, just like the fact that I didn't like it and think it sucks is mine. But at least understand that I give things a fair chance before forming an opinion ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 75 queries.