Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Mario [finished]  (Read 8393 times)

Super Mario [finished]
« on: May 10, 2008, 05:22:08 am »
I finished my Mario game. It comes with a very easy to use level editor. You can download it from here:
http://sora.phppoll.org/?page=projects
Please try it out and tell me what you think.

http://sora.phppoll.org/sm_screens/mario2.png
http://sora.phppoll.org/sm_screens/mario3.png
http://sora.phppoll.org/sm_screens/mario4.png
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:13:57 am by 4Sword »
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Super Mario [finished]
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 05:39:37 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
For future reference; you can post your link to your project in the Completed Project Downloads page located here- http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1...

Just make a new download and use that link as the file location.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 06:08:08 am »
For future reference; you can post your link to your project in the Completed Project Downloads page located here- http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1...

Just make a new download and use that link as the file location.
I tried that, but it didn't work, so I posted here o.O

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 06:08:21 am »
  • Minalien
Also bear in mind that the downloads system implemented into ZFGC sucks.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 06:09:39 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
^this, and

thats odd o.0... we did it with NaviBlast and a few other things and it worked fine... I wonder what's broken <_<

ah well this is fine until we get it fixed then :P
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 02:19:37 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
...what is it played on?
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Every level is the same O_o

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 07:49:43 pm »
...what is it played on?
PC.

There's only one level. Use the editor to make more.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 08:05:57 pm »
  • Minalien
...what is it played on?
PC.

Then it isn't exactly a complete game, is it? :/ You finished an engine, but one level does not a game make.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 08:08:14 pm »
...what is it played on?
PC.

Then it isn't exactly a complete game, is it? :/ You finished an engine, but one level does not a game make.
Sim City, Little Big Planet, RPGmaker (PS1&2). I could go on.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 08:10:35 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Okay.

Sim City is a different kind of game, you build it up in game as you go along as dictated by the game engine. It's a Sim game. That's how they roll.
LBP: Never heard of it.
RPGmaker is just that: a maker. This should be therefore released as a "Super Mario Engine" or "Super Mario Maker", not as (and I quote) your "Mario game"

MOD EDIT: Please don't flame other users.  Thanks
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:51:42 pm by MG-Zero »
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 08:16:50 pm »
Okay. You are an idiot.

Sim City is a different kind of game, you build it up in game as you go along as dictated by the game engine.
LBP: Never played it.
RPGmaker is just that: a maker. This should be therefore released as a "Super Mario Engine" or "Super Mario Maker", not as (and I quote) your "Mario game"
This game doesn't even have a catchy subtitle, doesn't that show how little thought I put into naming this? So saying I'm wrong just because I didn't name it "Super Mario Engine" is a pointless argument. Also, don't call me an idiot. It doesn't help prove your point and it makes you look disrespectful.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 08:18:22 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
You aren't British, are you?  XD

My point is, if you were selling it, you'd be arrested for false advertising. You called it a game that was finished. It's clearly not a game that's finished. A maker that's finished, maybe, not a game XD
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 08:21:22 pm »
Okay. You are an idiot.

Sim City is a different kind of game, you build it up in game as you go along as dictated by the game engine. It's a Sim game. That's how they roll.
LBP: Never heard of it.

Please don't call others names. 

Also, LittleBigPlanet is similar in nature, though it does have an actual story mode aside from the level-editor, (though the level-editor seems to be the main attraction).

Anyway, let's not argue whether or not this is a full game and instead comment on the actual project.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 08:22:48 pm »
You aren't British, are you?  XD

My point is, if you were selling it, you'd be arrested for false advertising. You called it a game that was finished. It's clearly not a game that's finished. A maker that's finished, maybe, not a game XD
That's talked about here: http://sora.phppoll.org/Forums/index.php?topic=100.msg248#new

How to post maturely:

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 09:10:15 pm »
I'll give 50 rupees to anyone who creates a good level (First two chosen only).

How to post maturely:

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 09:18:25 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I love how you make people go to your site to view screenshots and download ;)

Anyways, I wouldn't say this is complete at all.

It lags like hell. (For me at least).
The falling sprite is all wrong.
There is barley any sounds other than the block breaking and coin box and jumping.
There is no music.
There are no animations really except for characters.
The resolution is huge for some reason...
I jump on a Koopa and his shell kills me while it's floating in the air.
I touch a Goomba and die, even though I'm big Mario.
I jump on a Goomba and he doesn't even die, I just fly up into the air.
There's no ducking.
There's no running.

I would never call this a finished Mario engine, let alone a game.

Seriously, this thing needs so much work, it's not even funny.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 09:21:05 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
To be blunt, you probably should have saved this by releasing the source and/or declaring it publically as abandonware instead :P
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 09:35:49 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I love how you make people go to your site to view screenshots and download ;)

Anyways, I wouldn't say this is complete at all.

It lags like hell. (For me at least).
The falling sprite is all wrong.
There is barley any sounds other than the block breaking and coin box and jumping.
There is no music.
There are no animations really except for characters.
The resolution is huge for some reason...
I jump on a Koopa and his shell kills me while it's floating in the air.
I touch a Goomba and die, even though I'm big Mario.
I jump on a Goomba and he doesn't even die, I just fly up into the air.
There's no ducking.
There's no running.

I would never call this a finished Mario engine, let alone a game.

Seriously, this thing needs so much work, it's not even funny.

This ^.

Also:
theres no fun.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 11:13:59 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
...what is it played on?
PC.
Oh yes i am very gracious for your wisdom for I would never have released that, Captain Obvious. Seriously you dolt i meant like what game maker, etc. Because the game wouldn't run when i uploaded it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 75 queries.