Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: The Sage of Darkness THE MOVIE  (Read 1912 times)

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
Legend of Zelda: The Sage of Darkness THE MOVIE
« on: August 22, 2009, 12:52:12 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I don't know how many people have seen or heard of this movie by Titus Studios (No not the ones who made the superman video game...)  It is a Zelda fan movie that is top quality and is worth a watch if you have the time.

Trailer:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtuqCOLzmF8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtuqCOLzmF8</a>

Part 1 (There are 15 parts in case you were wondering)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pelKk2B3F48" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pelKk2B3F48</a>

I have seen quite a few fan films and most like "The Legend of Link" turn out to be nothing but a film poking jokes at the game, but this one actually stays serious and has a decent storyline that could make a decent game, and makes a fairly decent movie.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
Re: Legend of Zelda: The Sage of Darkness THE MO...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 01:16:46 pm »
  • Personal Text
It doesn't look bad!
The only thing I find irksome is how Link looks. I know he is supposed to have that costume on, but in fan movies it just looks so... weird...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 06:15:08 am »
It doesn't look bad!
The only thing I find irksome is how Link looks. I know he is supposed to have that costume on, but in fan movies it just looks so... weird...
That's because it's very difficult to actually find a human that looks like an anime character.
At least, that's how Link has looked to me since fricken OoT.

I still think the IGN spoof was the best way to do it.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 06:23:15 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
His costume looks too fake, and the sword and shield too.  It looks less realistic than Twilight Princess, which isn't even real.  D:>

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 09:31:53 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
His costume looks too fake, and the sword and shield too.  It looks less realistic than Twilight Princess, which isn't even real.  D:>

Maybe so, but when you take into account they are a bunch of High School Aged kids and you pay attention to the storyline it is pretty good.  I mean it isn't like they were working with a budget or anything they just made it to show the story and hone their film making skills. It is actually worth a watch.  The costumes weren't the best. I mean even at times I am pretty sure the tunic and hat are two different greens, but the storyline worked very well.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 12:30:03 pm »
  • Fight the Power
No offence, but I felt like a real nerd watching the trailer.
The idea of making a movie out of a game like Zelda might sound good to some, but in reality, it's just a fanboy's dream. In the games, Link doesn't even talk, so giving him a specific personality in the movie just feels strange and doesn't fit.
The acting didn't look very good either... :P

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 01:29:09 pm »
No offence, but I felt like a real nerd watching the trailer.
The idea of making a movie out of a game like Zelda might sound good to some, but in reality, it's just a fanboy's dream. In the games, Link doesn't even talk, so giving him a specific personality in the movie just feels strange and doesn't fit.
The acting didn't look very good either... :P
Oh I'm sure it could work with a decent budget. You can just tell these people don't really know what they're doing and it's all very very cheap stuff.
I've seen better trailers than this, and even those make me cringe. Alteast there they don't fight in modern-day environments that totally NOT look medieval.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:30:55 pm by Kleaver »
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 01:37:42 pm »
  • Fight the Power
The thing is that the environments set in the games aren't really realistic, it's always got that fantasy feeling to it, you see? You could hardly capture that in real life.

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 02:31:44 pm »
The thing is that the environments set in the games aren't really realistic, it's always got that fantasy feeling to it, you see? You could hardly capture that in real life.

Better than fighting in some church with factory-made chairs and fluorescent lights in the background.  XD
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 12:00:14 am »
  • Lul
That must have taken a buttload of time to make :0 I have only seen part 1, looks very nice =D Not sure about the acting though... :d
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 07:14:34 pm »
Well, I have watched all 15 parts and I must say that it is a nice story. But not a Zelda story. There is no quest just the classic: Boy gets hurt; boy receives a quest that coincides with his vengeance; Boy goes to the final confrontation with the big bad guys.

For the rest. It still looks a bit cheap for cheap. The acting is okay (even if Link shouldn't talk), but the special effects, costumes and props look as if no decent thought has been put into it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 60 queries.

anything