Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Project of the Month  (Read 2170 times)

Project of the Month
« on: August 01, 2009, 05:55:09 am »
Project of the Month - July 2009

The Legend of Zelda: (TBA)

Forum Topic | Site Page

Developer: GANONSLAY3R
Language: Game Maker
First Posted: August 6th, 2008
Last Update: July 31st, 2009

Sometimes on ZFGC, a project is started and then goes inactive to the point where it is forgotten. Rarely but at least on this occasion, a project came back an in a significant way progressed crawling from the brink of oblivion. It is easy to give up but it is another thing altogether to continue doing something. GANONSLAY3R did that and his still yet unnamed game has been recognized for it.

GANONSLAY3R's project was nominated for Project of the Month due to a few factors. The first being the amount of updates to the project over the course of the month of July. The second being that the project has garnered some user interest. The third being that the project attempted to do the style it was made in well and also adding things different from that style to it. And there other reasons that are already evident. GANONSLAYER's project embodies all the qualities of a Project of the Month and that is why it has been named the one for the month of July.

Game Story/Plot

No plot given, however the game makes up with it for its features. These being sword slashing, weather effects, various weapons, areas tiled out, etc.

Recent Screenshots

The Gale Boomerang from Twilight Princess makes an appearance.

The field is engulfed by darkness - one of many effects the game has.

Developer Q & A

Q. Do you have a solid story yet?
A. I have one or two ideas, but nothing is finalized.

Q. How long have you been working on this project?
A. I started it when I stopped working on OOT2D+.

Q. Will you add more sword attack combos in the future?
A. Yes, I plan to add more combos that you will find in scrolls just like in The Minish Cap.

Q. How many songs do you have planned for the Ocarina?
A. At the moment there is just one song, that will create a stone Link just like in Majora's Mask.

Q. What is your process for creating the game's plot?
A. Writing down loads of random ideas and just piece together what works.

Q. Is the fishing you are putting into your game part of the plot or a mini-game?
A. It will be a mini-game just like in Ocarina of Time.

Q. How difficult has it been to program the artificial intelligence for the game?
A. Creating the more advance AI is difficult; like bosses and enemies with more sprite animations. At the moment, with the more simple enemies, I haven't had much of a problem.

Q. Was creating a demo video and uploading it to YouTube hard to do?
A. Creating and uploading it was easy. The only problem I had was to think about what I'm going to show on the video.

Q. How do you overcome difficult development challenges that you might encounter?
A. So far I haven't had much problems with anything apart from the pick up engine, but the best thing to do would be to download tutorials and engines from the good people at ZFGC and see how they have done theirs.

Q. Is there anything else generally you would like to say to others developing a fan game?
A. Just two words, keep going.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:47:46 am by 4Sword »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 39 queries.