Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Damn Sony, that was low.  (Read 10665 times)

Re: Damn Sony, that was low.
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 06:46:09 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
If it is stealing, nintendo could sue.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 06:47:33 pm »
It is stealing

It means that Sony is using the motion sensor to test the gaming waters instead of releasing a console that relies on it.

Motion Sensor Computer accessories - Nintendo - Sony

See, Nintendo didn't make the idea.

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 06:49:28 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
It is stealing

It means that Sony is using the motion sensor to test the gaming waters instead of releasing a console that relies on it.

Motion Sensor Computer accessories - Nintendo - Sony

See, Nintendo didn't make the idea.

They were the first to transfer it to mainstream gaming, and they have patents on it I believe.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 06:51:02 pm »
The first to transfer it to mainstream gaming?

There has to be an accesory for a console that used the motion sensor.

And Nintendo can't patent motion sensor

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 07:06:23 pm »
I just saw the Red Steel gameplay movies.....

OH, MY, FUCKKKKKIIING, GOD
This is like, futuristic like hell! Gaming will never be the same! Whats next? Virtual Reality? HOLODECKS?
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 07:09:52 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!

MAINSTREAM gaming. Keyword mainstream. If you dont know the accessory, its not mainstream. They can patent their own version of motion detection, its not the exact same as all those as before it. And what are you talking about kleaver.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 07:12:31 pm »

MAINSTREAM gaming. Keyword mainstream. If you dont know the accessory, its not mainstream. They can patent their own version of motion detection, its not the exact same as all those as before it. And what are you talking about kleaver.

Just because i don't know about it, doesn't mean it isn't mainstream.

And yes, nintendo can patent their version of motion sensor.

Hmm, let's see, it's in a remote, they can patent remote sensor!

Sony's isn't in a remote.

It isn't stealing

GG you

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 08:52:34 pm »
Oh noes, guys! Sony is using an idea that's vaguely similar to what Nintendo is doing! They've been doing the same thing for years, taking good ideas and making a controller out of them! We should kill them, because nobody in their right mind would pass up on NOT using a good idea!

Seriously, guys, why do you have to be so anti-Sony? This is one of the things that has bugged for years, and continues to bug me now. "OMG, I think Nintendo r0x! My opinion is superior to that of a Sony fanboy, becuz im cooler!" Seriously, you guys tend to sound a LOT like Sony fanboys when you bash them and Sony. Just admit that everyone can play what they want, and if they want to play games made for the Playstation, games which I, like SEVERAL other people, prefer to games made for Nintendo systems, why can't they do so with a good controller? I personally think this is a good idea, merely advancing their current controller (which I think is just about perfect already) because it's always worked. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." This controller idea is better for people who are skeptical about having the gaming experience that they know and love turned upside down, while still providing a slightly new experience. So Nintendo fans can have fun with their Wiis and Sony fans can play Playstation, and XBox fans can play the 360, and people who just simply love gaming (like me), can play whatever the hell they want.

And about the price:

1) Why should you care if you're just going to buy a Wii anyway?
2) Get a job

I don't know about you guys, but I'll probably end up getting BOTH a PS3 and a Wii, because they both have their own redeeming qualities and games. However, the main reason I'm getting a Wii is because of the ability to play old school games, because if it's games are of a similar quality and selection to that of the Gamecube's, I find it to be a huge waste of money.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 12:07:08 am by InvaderLupus »

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Limey

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 08:54:34 pm »
Oh noes, guys! Sony is using an idea that's vaguely similar to what Nintendo is doing! They've been doing the same thing for years, taking good ideas and making a controller out of them! We should kill them, because nobody in their right mind would pass up on NOT using a good idea!

Seriously, guys, why do you have to be so anti-Sony? This is one of the things that has bugged for years, and continues to bug me now. "OMG, I think Nintendo r0x! My opinion is superior to that of a Sony fanboy, becuz im cooler!" Seriously, you guys tend to sound a LOT like Sony fanboys when you bash them and Sony. Just admit that everyone can play what they want, and if they want to play games made for the Playstation, games which I, like SEVERAL other people, prefer to games made for Nintendo systems, why can't they do so with a good controller? I personally think this is a good idea, merely advancing their current controller (which I think is just about perfect already) because it's always worked. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." This controller idea is better for people who are skeptical about having the gaming experience that they know and love turned upside down, while still providing a slightly new experience. So Nintendo fans can have fun with their Wiis and Sony fans can play Playstation, and XBox fans can play the 360, and people who just simply love gaming (like me), can play whatever the hell they want.

And about the price:

1) It hasn't even been officially announced yet
2) Why should you care if you're just going to buy a Wii anyway?
3) Get a job

I don't know about you guys, but I'll probably end up getting BOTH a PS3 and a Wii, because they both have their own redeeming qualities and games. However, the main reason I'm getting a Wii is because of the ability to play old school games, because if it's games are of a similar quality and selection to that of the Gamecube's, I find it to be a huge waste of money.
I agree completeley.

I have to say though, I'm extremely dissapointed about the price... I'm thinking of getting a 360 instead of a ps3 now :(
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 09:10:18 pm »
  • =/
Yeah, but you'd think such a good huge-ass-company like Sony could at least come up with something innovative or leave it to Nintendo.
An example of a Sony company confrince:

Theguywhoripsoffnintendo "So, Johny what have you got for me to day?"

Johny "I got origanal ideas like scanning your id into the game so you can walk for real and a hologram tv. All perfect
designs and very cheap to make"

THeguywhoripsoffnintendo "That idea is !@#$% ,your fired"
Joe "Nintendo just announced there contoller is motion sensitive and is very origanal"

Theguywhoripsoffnintendo "Shut up Joe. Hey, I just had an idea. Why don't we make motion sensitive controllers"

Joe "But thats already...."

Theguywhoripsoffnintendo "Your fired"

Thats what a sony company meeting is like. The people who work at sony are bashing bastards. Microsoft and Nintendo don't bash each other but as soon as sony enters you here stuff like, "xbox 360 is Xbox 1.5" and "The Psp is losing ebcause Nintendo got a head start".
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 09:16:22 pm by piers »
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 09:30:52 pm »
  • You don't know me.
Wait... I thought Microsoft entered AFTER Sony entered. You know, something like one generation after.

Anyways, it says it just detects turning and side ot side movement. In other words, a DS stylus with a bit more movement in it..... I just thought of something that will probably happen.

At a best buy...

Nintendo Fan (holding a Wii box): Oh boy! Ohboyohboyohboy!
Sony Fan: Psshh, Wii is stupid. It doesn't have anything new.
Nintendo Fan: What about the 3D controller thing?
Sony Fan: Oh, well that is just a rip-off of Sony's "StyTroller". (Stylus and Controller)
Nintendo Fan: But.. But.. Nintendo did that first. With more stuff.
Sony Fan: Oh, COME ON! JUst because Nintendo revealed that in 2005 and Sony revealed this at E3 2006 doesn't mean Nintendo didn't rip Sony off.
Nintendo Fan: But.. 2005.. 2006... sooner.. later.. but.. but.. but... *asplodies*

Yeah...

No one located in this area of the internet remembers me.
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 09:33:59 pm »
wow, I love how you guys associate a company with its fans. I'm sure all Sony fans are assholes and hate everything Nintendo, and I'm sure that there isn't a single Nintendo fan in the world who acts EXACTLY the same way towards Sony.

Oh wait, you guys are just now!

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 10:09:59 pm »
Hey, as long as it has Metal Gear Solid 4, I don't care.
  • Google Profile

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 11:51:57 pm »
Speaking of MGS4... 

http://snakecommitssuicide.ytmnsfw.com/

;D
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 12:48:04 am »
You know, Lupus makes a good point.  This is more a Sony fanboy vs. Nintendo fanboy topic than a descussion about the new information on the PS3.  I, personally, don't like it.  It is childish.

My opinion, are the two ideas similar?  Yes.  Are the ideas new?  No.  Did Sony steal Nintendo's idea?  To me, no.  Nintendo did not come up with the motion sensor.  They took a technology and incorperated it into a gaming system.  Just because Nintendo announced it first, and possible implimented it first, doesn't mean no one can use that concept.  Besides, the Wii controller has more motion functionality than just side to side motion, and that more functionality keeps it original and new.  Sony is just using a technology as it is.

That is my view.  Am I getting a Wii?  Yes.  Am I getting a PS3?  No.  That isn't because I'm a fanboy of Nintendo, it is because I don't feel it is anything too new.  I feel it is just an upgrade.  Where as Nintendo and Microsoft are using new ideas.

That is my two cents.

under the alias DarkLink6235
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 12:56:32 am »
actually, the PS3 controller has virtually full-movement functions. I was watching the Sony press conference and they showed off the PS3 controller in action, using a flying game Warhawk as an example. The controller recognizes front to back, left and right, up and down, and tilting movements, allowing almost complete controll. I thought it was implemented pretty nicely, although I haven't seen the Wii controller in action yet. The PS3 controller was lightweight, wireless, and the same design that I've come to love, making it pretty ideal. The PS3 does have quite a huge price tag, and although I won't be able to buy it right away (hell, I'll probably wait before I buy ANY next gen systems), the fact that I now have a job makes owning a PS3 much more of a reality.

TwillightXIII

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 01:03:10 am »
We all just need to get along. The point is, two companys are making systems with better functionality. Shoulden't we be excited. They might use some of the same technology, but I'm sure the games the develope for their systems will be very different. So... We all get awsome stuff!  ;D

tippz

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 01:03:20 am »
Why are we complaining that a company stole a Nintendo idea? Sure, it will hurt sales (not much though as Nintendo is aiming at a different market) but doesn't it just show us that Nintendo really is on to something? I'll admit, I was a little angry that Sony is still taking Nintendo's ideas (you can't say they aren't when most of their controller 'breakthroughs' originally appeared on Nintendo controllers...) but that just means that Nintendo is doing something right.

Sony fans are the ones who should be complaining. They were promised a new controller to replace the batarang and all they got was another dual shock...

and no. The PS3 controller has ONLY tilt sensing ala kirby tilt n' tumble. No 3D movement.

Really that is the biggest problem with Sony adding this. Not that they implemented a good idea, but that they will claim it is more than it is and say it is therefore better than the Wii's functionality...
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 01:06:02 am »
Dual Shock controller is !@#$% win. I am glad they reverted to it.
  • Google Profile

tippz

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 01:13:29 am »
Um. Granted the N64 controller was odd, it was still preferred by most people just for the fact that it had an analog stick that developers actually used. Then, it was pretty much accross the board that in the current gen (PS2 Xbox GCN) that the wavebird was the most ergonomic, followed by the dual shock. I'm not going by my opinion, I'm going by what I have read and how people I know that do own every system feel. Currently we have the 360 controller that has been declared the most comfortable controller ever by pretty much everyone who has had some quality time with it. The Wii-mote, which is based on one of the most widely used controllers ever the TV remote, so we already know it will be pretty comfortable and then another dual shock. Whoo hoo. The least ergonomic controller 2 generations running pops back up to take the title a 3rd time! Hooray!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 75 queries.

anything