Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: To all fanboys. (Possible 56k warning) (Reality warning)  (Read 5361 times)

TP

To all fanboys. (Possible 56k warning) (Reality ...
« on: May 14, 2006, 07:24:49 pm »
One abbreviation: STFU!

PLEASE DO. Especially those Nintendo fanboys out there. Nintendo fanboys always defend fact and mince words in order to make Nintendo go on top in their little dream world.

Nintendo != created analog stick.

The analog stick is a small version of the joystick. Think about this.

"Oh, but Sony STOLE etc, etc, etc" No, they didn't. They probably had this planned. Besides, you can't talk, because Nintendo has already been killed by the remote control for the Wii, and the name: Wii.

Why don't you say Microsoft stole things? IMO, Microsoft STINKS! It's the worst company out there! The confusing controllers, the bad systems, the SUBSCRIPTION online service..

Technically, Nintendo stole using compact discs. Sony did it first.

Back to Microsoft..they stole the X-Box 360 controller design. Compare a 360 controller to a Dreamcast controller, minus the VMU. Yep..Microsoft = theif.

Sony != theif. It's the idea they had for their controller. They made it. It's different from the Wii. They did NOT steal anything.

A few reasons why the PSP is better than the DS:

1. Better, newer hardware.
2. The ability to play music, movies, etc.
3. Easy-to-use design.
4. Widescreen.

One, only reason why the DS is better than the PSP:

1. Touch screen.

Now, let's compare graphics with three different systems on the same game. Let's go with Sonic Heroes.

Xbox. Clear, very vibrant, very nice eye candy.

Also, very nice. Not as good as the Xbox, but still..very nice.

IMO, a little worse than the PS2. Graphics look a bit more cartoony, and less detailed.

Let's compare controllers with the GCN, the PS2, and the Xbox.

Beautiful, isn't it? It molds perfectly to your hands. Very easy to hold. The size of the controller, small compared to the Xbox, has a lesser rumble feature than it competitors.

The middle-class controller. Not horrible, not amazing. It's a good controller. It is very similar to the original DualShock. Not confusing. The rumble feature is nice.

This? This is absolutely the worst. The rumble feature is very strong. The controller is too big to fit in some people's hands. It's confusing.

The designs of the PS2, GCN, and Xbox.

Original PS2 design. Easy to use. The only flaw is the "2 second turn-off reset button".

The slimline. A built-in ethernet/phone port. The buttons are a bit too small. Instead of the CD drive coming out with the push of a button like a computer drive, a lid pops up like the original PSOne.

The Gamecube and its unsuccessful companion. The machine on the right is a Gamecube as well as a DVD/CD player. The one on the left is the traditional Gamecube. It is very portable and very small. IMO, the best design.

The Xbox. Not only did the original have a flaw in it that caused a severe overheating problem, but it's BIG! The system is big. It's too big to fit on most shelves.

I hope you enjoyed my little rant here. My work is done.
-TP The more you know XD
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 07:28:26 pm by TP »
Re: To all fanboys. (Possible 56k warning) (Real...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 07:28:09 pm »
I agree 100%

Very nice post TP

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 07:30:43 pm »
  • =/
We all have a right to an opion and doing something like this does not change what we think. Think about what I just said for a few minutes.

TP

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 07:32:04 pm »
We all have a right to an opion and doing something like this does not change what we think. Think about what I just said for a few minutes.
Lol, when did I say what I was saying was fact?
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 07:34:17 pm »
  • =/
Lol, when did I say what I was saying was fact?
The whole thing seemed more like a "fact" more then an opion. Especially a few lines about microsoft.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 07:34:24 pm »
One, only reason why the DS is better than the PSP:

1. Touch screen.
Captain Obvious to the rescue: Price, two screens, games that people want, etc.
  • Google Profile

TP

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 07:36:49 pm »
LOL

Games that people want? There are plenty of good games for the PSP.

I like to be frank. Some people can't take it. I freely express MY OPINON frankly.

Again, price is because PSP has better hardware. I said that the touch screen was an advantage.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 07:39:19 pm »
The confusing controllers, the bad systems, the SUBSCRIPTION online service..

Also the most popular online setup...weird huh?

Oh and I don't think comparing the various ports of Sonic Heroes is the best idea...mainly since it's not that great to begin with.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 07:40:20 pm »
LOL

Games that people want? There are plenty of good games for the PSP.

I like to be frank. Some people can't take it. I freely express MY OPINON frankly.

Again, price is because PSP has better hardware. I said that the touch screen was an advantage.
You said it was the only advantage. You can't deny price, though.

Edit: it seems you take my "games people want" as "there are no games people want for the PSP" No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying there are games that people want on the DS. There are games people want on the PSP, as well, but I don't need to state that as you must know it making such a post.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 07:44:52 pm by Comrade Kesha »
  • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 07:43:03 pm »
  • =/
264]

3. Easy-to-use design.
4. Widescreen.
Oh, I didn't notice that little piece. Well not everyone likes widescreen. Your asuming graphics make a system better when the Gba was the same price as a gamecube and sold more.
24.11 million (Origanal GBA) vs 20.61 million
74.25 million (all versions) vs  20.61 million

The ds is easier to use because its just tap. And the ds (If you buy a hardrive) can play movies and music and will still be cheaper then the Psp with a 1gb memory stick.

Yes possum I did my research this time.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 07:44:49 pm »
264]

3. Easy-to-use design.
4. Widescreen.
Oh, I didn't notice that little piece. Well not everyone likes widescreen. Your asuming graphics make a system better when the Gba was the same price as a gamecube and sold more.
74.25 million (all versions) vs  20.61 million

The ds is easier to use because its just tap. And the ds (If you buy a hardrive) can play movies and music and will still be cheaper then the Psp with a 1gb memory stick.

The average person probably woukdn't go online to buy a harddrive for a handheld with a small screen like the DS.

While the psp's is easier to get to since they have the sticks in store.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 07:45:54 pm »
  • =/
264]

3. Easy-to-use design.
4. Widescreen.
74.25 million (all versions) vs  20.61 million

The average person probably woukdn't go online to buy a harddrive for a handheld with a small screen like the DS.

While the psp's is easier to get to since they have the sticks in store.
Nintendo ships fast.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 07:47:38 pm by piers »

dylan623

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 08:09:34 pm »
I don't notice a difference in the Sonic Heroes screenshots, and I don't care if the PSP can play Music and overpriced UMDs. My computer can do the same thing. I would only get a PSP for the games.

shadow_caliber

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 08:38:40 pm »
Nintendo didn't steal using compact discs from sony the playstation was an attachment to the SNES for the use of CD-Roms before it was a game console. Obviously sony didn't have analog sticks planned as there first controller didn't use them. Also if Nintendo has already been killed by the wii and wiimote why are they the ones getting all the attention at E3?

dylan623

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 08:51:20 pm »
Nintendo didn't steal using compact discs from sony the playstation was an attachment to the SNES for the use of CD-Roms before it was a game console. Obviously sony didn't have analog sticks planned as there first controller didn't use them. Also if Nintendo has already been killed by the wii and wiimote why are they the ones getting all the attention at E3?
I agree with you.

Limey

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 09:05:53 pm »
lol @ the fanboys posting in this topic already :p

I agree with most of what was said in the first post... But I don't think the Xbox controller is too big for everyone.  Especially since they re-deisned the controller a long time ago.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 09:14:52 pm »
  • w00t

I will agree with you there.  The analog stick is simply a miniature joystick.  However, Nintendo was the first major console maker to implement one in their systems.

"Oh, but Sony STOLE etc, etc, etc" No, they didn't. They probably had this planned.

If it was planned, don't you think you would have heard about it before now?  It sounds to me like it was added within a month before E3.  From what I've heard others say, the person demoing the PS3 controller inadvertedly showed that it was difficult to use. 
Besides, you can't talk, because Nintendo has already been killed by the remote control for the Wii, and the name: Wii.
Complain about the name all you want, but you have to admit that it got Nintendo the most publicity they've gotten in a LONG time.  Think about it, was there a single forum in which it WASN'T being actively discussed?
Also, please explain what you mean by Nintendo being "killed" by the controller.  Why is Nintendo getting killed for their motion-sensitive controller but the PS3 isn't?

As shadow_caliber pointed out, the Playstation was originally going to be an addon for the SNES.  So originally Nintendo was going to use CDs.  They apparently decided not to, and therefore the N64 used cartridges.  You are right though - the PS1 was the first major console to actually use CDs.  The only question is the origin of the idea.

Back to Microsoft..they stole the X-Box 360 controller design. Compare a 360 controller to a Dreamcast controller, minus the VMU. Yep..Microsoft = theif.
As long as we're talking about controller thieves, notice that since the PS1 was originally going to be part of the SNES, that the controller looks suspiciously like the SNES controller.  Same button layout, only with 2 extra shoulder buttons added.  I'm not saying that Sony stole Nintendo's design, but I am saying that their controller was heavily influenced by that of the SNES.

Sony != theif. It's the idea they had for their controller. They made it. It's different from the Wii. They did NOT steal anything.
Different from the Wii yes, but as I stated earlier, certainly you would have heard about the motion sensing capabilities before now if it was part of their original plan.  It is my opinion that they quickly added motion-sensing to their controller in direct response to the Wii in an attempt to say "Hey we can do it too!" or something to that effect.  The PS3's motion sensing is different in that it is "inferior" in a sense.  I put it in quotes because it's anyone's opinion as to whose is better.  However, the PS3 can only detect changes in direction, acceleration, and tilt, whereas the Wii can do all that plus determine the controller's location in 3D space.  Both will offer different types of gameplay.  However, once again, it sounds a lot like Sony slapped the motion sensor in at the last moment.  Of course, it could have been planned a while ago, and there's no factual evidence to contradict this, but the information we currently have indicates that it was a last-minute decision. 

In your effort to silence all the Nintendo fanboyism, you have labeled yourself as a Sony fanboy and have used illogical and biased statements in an attempt to combat the equally illogical and biased statements that others have made.  Basically, I'm saying that you aren't doing any better than those you are condemning.  Take the plank out of your own eye before telling your brother about the speck of dust in his.  I'm not exempt from this either.  I'm sure that many of my arguments are ridiculous and heavily biased, but at least I recognize it. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 09:17:32 pm by dantheman »
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 10:18:15 pm »

I will agree with you there.  The analog stick is simply a miniature joystick.  However, Nintendo was the first major console maker to implement one in their systems.

"Oh, but Sony STOLE etc, etc, etc" No, they didn't. They probably had this planned.

If it was planned, don't you think you would have heard about it before now?  It sounds to me like it was added within a month before E3.  From what I've heard others say, the person demoing the PS3 controller inadvertedly showed that it was difficult to use. 
Besides, you can't talk, because Nintendo has already been killed by the remote control for the Wii, and the name: Wii.
Complain about the name all you want, but you have to admit that it got Nintendo the most publicity they've gotten in a LONG time.  Think about it, was there a single forum in which it WASN'T being actively discussed?
Also, please explain what you mean by Nintendo being "killed" by the controller.  Why is Nintendo getting killed for their motion-sensitive controller but the PS3 isn't?

As shadow_caliber pointed out, the Playstation was originally going to be an addon for the SNES.  So originally Nintendo was going to use CDs.  They apparently decided not to, and therefore the N64 used cartridges.  You are right though - the PS1 was the first major console to actually use CDs.  The only question is the origin of the idea.

As long as we're talking about controller thieves, notice that since the PS1 was originally going to be part of the SNES, that the controller looks suspiciously like the SNES controller.  Same button layout, only with 2 extra shoulder buttons added.  I'm not saying that Sony stole Nintendo's design, but I am saying that their controller was heavily influenced by that of the SNES.

Different from the Wii yes, but as I stated earlier, certainly you would have heard about the motion sensing capabilities before now if it was part of their original plan.  It is my opinion that they quickly added motion-sensing to their controller in direct response to the Wii in an attempt to say "Hey we can do it too!" or something to that effect.  The PS3's motion sensing is different in that it is "inferior" in a sense.  I put it in quotes because it's anyone's opinion as to whose is better.  However, the PS3 can only detect changes in direction, acceleration, and tilt, whereas the Wii can do all that plus determine the controller's location in 3D space.  Both will offer different types of gameplay.  However, once again, it sounds a lot like Sony slapped the motion sensor in at the last moment.  Of course, it could have been planned a while ago, and there's no factual evidence to contradict this, but the information we currently have indicates that it was a last-minute decision. 

In your effort to silence all the Nintendo fanboyism, you have labeled yourself as a Sony fanboy and have used illogical and biased statements in an attempt to combat the equally illogical and biased statements that others have made.  Basically, I'm saying that you aren't doing any better than those you are condemning.  Take the plank out of your own eye before telling your brother about the speck of dust in his.  I'm not exempt from this either.  I'm sure that many of my arguments are ridiculous and heavily biased, but at least I recognize it. 

Thank you VERY VERY much!  Quite telling off fanboys you fanboy.  It is apparent that you LOVE Sony and like Nintendo and HATE Microsoft.  !@#$% off!

under the alias DarkLink6235

tippz

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 11:02:35 pm »
Ok, look, you are on a FORUM where people SAY THINGS. Wow, that a hard concept to grasp. Now if you want to argue a point do it in a topic, but these retarded blanket statements don't prove a point and in all honesty just make all the 'fanboys' all pissed off at you and argue even more.

TP

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 01:07:39 am »
People in the world today can't take frankness.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 74 queries.