Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Nature over Industry" - CD Cover  (Read 1883 times)

"Nature over Industry" - CD Cover
« on: September 04, 2007, 10:06:23 am »
A few of my friends are in a band called "Forgotten Voices",  this is their third CD and they wanted me to do the cover.  They're a Folk-Rock/Punk/Indie band, you can listen to some of their older stuff here: http://www.myspace.com/forgottenvoices

I did stickers for their first CD, the t-shirt design for their second, and now this is the cover of their third.  They're not what you would call "mainstream", but if you like bands like "AGAINST ME!", "Two Gallants", or "Defiance Ohio", than you'll probably like them.  They're not much now, but they've got a pretty big following in the midwest, (particularly South Dakota), so keep an eye out for them.

Anyway, this is the cover I made for their new CD, "Nature over Industry":

There's a lot that I wish I would have had time to fix on it, but there's also a lot that I like about it.  They were a pretty tight deadline and I wasn't able to put as much refinement into it as I would have liked to.  Anyways, comments and critiques are encouraged, though keep in mind all of the above.  Also, though I may alter the image for my own sake, as far as I'm aware this is the final image that is going into production.

Oh yeah, made mainly with ArtRage, but altered slightly in Photoshop.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
Re: "Nature over Industry" - CD Cover
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 01:27:55 pm »
  • :3
its really good some how it reminds me of the beatles
there is one but ... the most people play right handed... it looks stupid left handed :P
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:41:12 pm »
its really good some how it reminds me of the beatles
there is one but ... the most people play right handed... it looks stupid left handed :P

Thanks.  Good point about playing the guitar left handed, I didn't even think about that.   I don't think I will change it though, since I think one of the band members DOES play left handed.

Here are a few things that I wish I would have had time to fix before it was due:

-Drawn plants growing out of the boxes,

-Fixed up the shading on the factories, particularly the center of the one on the left...it's a bit too splotchy,

-Put a shadow under the guy,

-Drawn some small hills in the background,

-Used more consistent shading, (notice how somethings have a light source while others, like the top of the tree, do not.).  I really like the top of the tree how it is though, despite the "pillow-shading"....Pillow-shading is not always a bad thing.

Did I miss anything?  Comments and critiques please.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 10:44:27 pm »
Get rid of the black PS-stroke around "NATURE" and it will look like a nice, and very much custom cover, like the covers from Gnarls Barkley (which this reminds me of):

I like it.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 12:18:39 am »
I really like how it looks all grainy, chalky and pastelly if that's a word.  :D
Hm... I should probably put something here...
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 12:30:37 am »
Woah, this looks really awesome :D
I have no crits, because I'm not an artist or anything, but very nice job

uma

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 12:32:25 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Get rid of the black PS-stroke around "NATURE" and it will look like a nice, and very much custom cover, like the covers from Gnarls Barkley (which this reminds me of):

I like it.

Dude! I loved that album. One of the few albums were I liked all the songs on it! :3

Anyways, I love it. Its in a great style, ma dawg! I especially love the tree. All circley and stuff, its awesome.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 05:40:39 am »

I like it.

You're probably right.  When I did it, I was thinking it would help make the white font stand out, but I guess there isn't really any need for that.  All the colors behind "NATURE" are a lot darker than white.  Oh well, it's not like I'm getting paid for this...

For their last CD, I did the t-shirt design, (almost everyone that's about the same age as me in my town has one of the shirts), and I didn't even get a free shirt.  That still sort of pisses me off...

Anyway, good eye Fox.  Looking over the drawing again, the Photoshopped shading behind NATURE doesn't fit with the style of the rest of the picture at all.  I'll keep that in mind when I'm doing drawings in the future.  Thanks.

Also thanks TanukiMario, Chaotic_Death, and uma.  I'm glad you guys like it. n___n
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.443 seconds with 53 queries.