Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: SpritingBrad´s sprites  (Read 226499 times)

Re: Malefor´s sprites
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2012, 08:29:01 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I see what you mean but i´m too tired of this character to do it.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2012, 08:37:39 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

Well...to be a little frank, if you want to keep spriting or being an artist, that's kind of what you'll be expected to do: make tweaks. I mean, I get you, making tweaks kinda really sucks especially if you want to move on to another character. I submit art for the community project and get unnecessary tweak comments all the time. However, when one actually *is* necessary and is done...then it makes a huge difference. The quality of your work will improve by tweaking it.

It's up to you in the end, no pressure lol. If you're too tired to work on it again, then simply don't fix it. You're in control of your work here.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2012, 08:51:48 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

Well...to be a little frank, if you want to keep spriting or being an artist, that's kind of what you'll be expected to do: make tweaks. I mean, I get you, making tweaks kinda really sucks especially if you want to move on to another character. I submit art for the community project and get unnecessary tweak comments all the time. However, when one actually *is* necessary and is done...then it makes a huge difference. The quality of your work will improve by tweaking it.

It's up to you in the end, no pressure lol. If you're too tired to work on it again, then simply don't fix it. You're in control of your work here.
i´ll see what I can do then
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2012, 09:22:39 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I redid the thing of the head:
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2012, 12:49:26 pm »
  • It's the grineer
It still looks very linear. The color change is too big. It's impossible to notice that the head balls have shading.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2012, 12:52:28 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
It still looks very linear. The color change is too big. It's impossible to notice that the head balls have shading.

What? The new one looks pretty good to me...he changed the head balls to actual balls and you can tell they're shaded. I don't know if my monitor's got different settings but it's pretty noticeable that Malefor made a good effort. I think this is a good improvement.
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2012, 12:59:19 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Yes, yes, I forgot to say that in comparison with the old one, the new one is a big change. However, my point is that on the balls, whe have a dark violet, and then directly a light pink. What I would say is to fix that having another color.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2012, 02:14:33 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Yes, yes, I forgot to say that in comparison with the old one, the new one is a big change. However, my point is that on the balls, whe have a dark violet, and then directly a light pink. What I would say is to fix that having another color.

Maybe, but personally I find the shading fine. It's noticeable enough.
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2012, 02:40:54 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

Maybe, but personally I find the shading fine. It's noticeable enough.

thanks 酒用Star. what do you think of the tentacles? should I change anything?

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2012, 03:13:07 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Well, I find the lighting to be a little awkward to be honest. If you look at the part with the dude's head with the tentacles together, the lighting is coming from a few areas and not really making sense. It looks sort of like you shaded everything separately without really thinking of the global lighting and just sticking it together. I think if you really wanted to make a sprite with the tentacles and the head together, I would maybe consider looking at the lighting to see if it makes sense. Still, the technique of shading looks fine on the tentacles; just together it looks awkward.
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2012, 04:12:04 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
yes but remember he is going to be in water so you wouldn´t notice it that much.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2012, 04:33:54 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Eeeehhhhhh that's not really true. Actually, I think lighting underwater is even more difficult to make look good. Take a look at this:

The light comes from above the surface and radiates down. Equally, there are ripples that reflect down too. It's not a HUGE deal, but you'd have to take this into effect. Lighting is very important and can make your drawings go from really crappy to REALLY GOOD (I'm not saying your sprites are crappy, they're actually quite good. It's just, people like me will notice this). Seriously, I can show you the steps to my drawings some time and you'll see how much good lighting makes a difference.
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2012, 04:35:31 pm »
You put tMC Link next to it, so why not look the shading and antialiasing of his sprite and do that with your sprite?  You might also want to use some other sprites for reference because the tMC player(Link) sprite has a specific coloring(also, full black outline) because of it being the main focal point.

You might also want to look up some pixelart guides. I'm sure there are a few of them on the internet. I haven't read any but if I find one I'll let you see it.
Your sprites are lacking anti-aliasing and that little bit extra to atleast fit in decently with tMC sprites, gradient shading probably isn't the best way to shade the tentacles, but that's not my decision.

A good tip is to start with smaller sprites, but don't limit yourself too much. Good luck!
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2012, 05:19:34 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
ok thanks for the tips :)
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2012, 05:27:48 pm »
  • It's the grineer
From our friend, Shadow, here we have a guide:

http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2012, 05:31:05 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
thank a lot blaze!!! XD XD
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2012, 06:14:56 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Your sprites are lacking anti-aliasing and that little bit extra to atleast fit in decently with tMC sprites, gradient shading probably isn't the best way to shade the tentacles, but that's not my decision.

The tentacles had actually Gradient Shading in the actual game. See in the attachment bellow

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2012, 06:53:06 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Ah! I see where you got the strange shading from. In that screenshot it actually makes some sense, because you see its environment.
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2012, 06:55:36 pm »
Yes, but the shading doesn't work the same way here. In your pic, Link has some shades on his cap because of the shadow, but you don't render those in pixelart, and he doesn't in the Link sprite you presented on your sheet. :)

As for the tentacles, if you can make it look good with gradient then I guess it works. But don't be afraid to try other techniques too.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2012, 06:58:36 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Yes, but the shading doesn't work the same way here. In your pic, Link has some shades on his cap because of the shadow, but you don't render those in pixelart, and he doesn't in the Link sprite you presented on your sheet. :)

As for the tentacles, if you can make it look good with gradient then I guess it works. But don't be afraid to try other techniques too.

Well, to be honest, I agree except it's hard without seeing the scene. What if the Link in the sheet has nothing to do with the boss? Maybe it's just there for height reference or something? We can't really tell without the scene, but you do bring up an excellent point.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 74 queries.