Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: SpritingBrad´s sprites  (Read 226537 times)

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
Re: SpritingBrad´s sprites
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2016, 06:14:07 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Nice lol the maps look shiny  8)
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2016, 11:26:21 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I think its due to the MC palette. Its meant to be bright. Thats why I put a darker green for the grass instead of the yellowy green minish cap had.
ALTTP to MC style UPDATE: WEST COMPLETE!!
« Reply #322 on: January 10, 2016, 03:49:18 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Finally the west is complete!!
I tried to make the cliffs match up and it turned out great!!
East of Hyrule coming up!!
« Reply #323 on: January 23, 2016, 05:05:04 pm »
Man.. You have almost mapped the entire map of alttp in 1 month :o
Anyone doing a MC styled alttp?   :D
ALTTP to MC style UPDATE: East field almost comp...
« Reply #324 on: January 30, 2016, 10:26:15 am »
  • Just call me Brad
NEW UPDATE!!
I have done A LOT of work on this. and since this is SO big, I just posted the eastern side of the map, staring with the castle area.
The eastern palace still needs to be tiled to completion and there are some areas that I have to start working on also.
When I finish all of the remaining field, I will move to Death Mountain, and that is going to be a pain XD
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 11:09:06 am by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #325 on: January 30, 2016, 11:44:10 am »
This is a really cool project. Do you have plans for the dark world when you're done with the light world?
  • Elliott Parkinson

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #326 on: January 30, 2016, 07:07:18 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
By the skies, that's awesome! I especially love how true-to-the-original the Eastern Palace area is.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2016, 12:45:29 am »
  • Just call me Brad
This is a really cool project. Do you have plans for the dark world when you're done with the light world?

Actually, yes! I was thinking about it while I was working in this and I already did the dark world trees :P

By the skies, that's awesome! I especially love how true-to-the-original the Eastern Palace area is.

Thats because I use the original as a base. Change the alttp tiles with the mc ones, but I sometimes have to modify the cliffs a little so they can fit to where I want them to be. I am also trying to make all the areas match perfectly, since in Alttp they didn't.
PH Fire Temple MC Style
« Reply #328 on: May 21, 2016, 11:18:54 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I attempted to do the Fire temple from Phantom Hourglass in MC Style! It is the first floor.
I absolutely love how it looks, what do you think?

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #329 on: May 21, 2016, 12:01:30 pm »
  • .越//
 XD looks really nice, but sadly its not really mc-style since its out of perspective... looks more like a game boy mc recolor

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2016, 01:38:18 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
XD looks really nice, but sadly its not really mc-style since its out of perspective... looks more like a game boy mc recolor
I actually edited the walls of those caves from MC that you enter with the mole mitts. I don´t think how it is "Out of perspective" :/
I think it looks like a GB recolor because of how the layout actually is, but that is how the actual PH layout was, I just tiled the map editing Existing Mc tiles.
Glad you liked it! ;)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #331 on: May 21, 2016, 01:49:22 pm »
  • .越//
I actually edited the walls of those caves from MC that you enter with the mole mitts. I don´t think how it is "Out of perspective" :/
I think it looks like a GB recolor because of how the layout actually is, but that is how the actual PH layout was, I just tiled the map editing Existing Mc tiles.
Glad you liked it! ;)

Well just look at the other indoor maps, like for example the mc firetemple ( http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GBA/LegendOfZelda-MinishCap-CaveOfFlames.png)
while your "mole cave" has the straight walls like " |____| " the other mc indoors have " \_______/ " kind of perspective like in lttp but just a little different.
Thats why it looks like a gbc recolor where the perspective is upfront.

"If" you want to change it, just make the walls 2x tall (like 2/3 of the long walls) and add cornerwalls. The rest looks fine from what i see, the "new walls" would change the map a bit, but thats almost always given when converting to other styles.

edit: just a small mockup i took from lets play ph screenshots to point out the difference
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:16:09 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2016, 02:15:25 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Glad you liked it! ;)

Well just look at the other indoor maps, like for example the mc firetemple ( http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GBA/LegendOfZelda-MinishCap-CaveOfFlames.png)
while your "mole cave" has the straight walls like " |____| " the other mc indoors have " \_______/ " kind of perspective like in lttp but just a little different.
Thats why it looks like a gbc recolor where the perspective is upfront.

"If" you want to change it, just make the walls 2x tall (like 2/3 of the long walls) and add cornerwalls. The rest looks fine from what i see, the "new walls" would change the map a bit, but thats almost always given when converting to other styles.

Yes, But those walls would change the layout a whole lot, and it would be very difficult to change it to those walls :/
I think this walls look good, and it is a change from the "classic" dungeon walls.
« Reply #333 on: May 21, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
edit: just a small mockup i took from lets play ph screenshots to point out the difference

It looks good, but how would we tile this areas? There are very narrow walls and taller walls.
(See attachment)
PH Fire Temple MC Style
« Reply #334 on: May 21, 2016, 04:25:04 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I did the second floor of the temple! I am keeping the walls for now, we can change them later if we want.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #335 on: May 21, 2016, 07:53:47 pm »
  • .越//

It looks good, but how would we tile this areas? There are very narrow walls and taller walls.
(See attachment)

since they are a puzzle element:
- you could just "leave them be", for better viewing of the player and use a two tile straight wall on them
- you could make the new walls on them and have a small change in floor tiles

or the best solution, since you don't have a ds pen to guide the boomerang: redesign the puzzle for mc-controls

honestly, its your choice, only reason i point out that the walls needs changing is your telling us "PH Dungeon in MC Style" which its not until it's in mc style ;)
you do great sprites and tiles, without the "it's mc style" saying it would be more than fine and you can do what you want with your sprites

edit: btw whats up all those empty tiles? there ARE tiles beneath the fires of them (see attachment)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:57:26 pm by dotyue »

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

PH Fire Temple sprite
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2016, 06:07:56 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I did the other three floors! There are still some things to be done, such as the pattern on the boss room floor, the doors...

As for the walls Yue, I think I will keep this ones for now, I only wanted to sprite the temple BASED on minish cap style, but keeping as close to the original as possible.
MC style Slarok
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2016, 10:56:38 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I attempted the Slarok! For those who don´t know what a Slarok is, it is the Darkworld counterpart of the octorok.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:02:29 pm by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2016, 12:16:38 am »
As someone who actually enjoyed Phantom Hourglass (though I enjoyed Spirit Tracks even more), I love your recreations of some of the maps. They look pretty nice as does everything else you have posted lately.
MC Style Dacto and Snap Dragon
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2016, 05:46:22 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
As someone who actually enjoyed Phantom Hourglass (though I enjoyed Spirit Tracks even more), I love your recreations of some of the maps. They look pretty nice as does everything else you have posted lately.
Thanks man, means a lot!

So I did the Dacto and Snap Dragon too!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:52:47 pm by SpritingBrad »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 74 queries.