Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: SpritingBrad´s sprites  (Read 226521 times)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: SpritingBrad´s sprites
« Reply #340 on: June 24, 2016, 04:16:18 am »
  • .越//
don't really know if i should like those mc Monsters or not... but the snap Dragon insteadly reminds me of the pseudo-3d style from an older yoshis Island game or donkey kong country

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Minish cap Sith from Star wars (Darth Maul, Dart...
« Reply #341 on: August 01, 2016, 06:20:01 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I was bored and I started to doodle around in paint. After a while I made these guys XD
I really enjoy how they turned up so here you are!
They are Darth vader, Darth Maul, Savage Opress, Kylo Ren and Supreme Leader Snoke.
MC Overworld Tiles Re-imagined
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2016, 02:59:52 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
So I have always though that Minish cap had weird cliffs. Now, don´t get me wrong, I LOVE Minish cap´s style, and the cliffs are actually really good. But I always thought the perspective was a bit off, like the sides and back are short and the front is way to long. So I made tiles using the MC tiles, but changing the perspective. I made all four sides the same height, and one tile tall. This gives more room for placing other tiles, and obviously we couldn´t forget of see-through water! I love when 2D games have this effect, and Minish cap lacked it. I thought it would fit MC very well, since link actually dives in-game.
Then, I edited the cliffs and made some variations, which can be arranged to make mountains and such. (The dirt cliffs on the far right could very well make death mountain)
I added a small preview of what it could look like put together, and I personally like it a lot. The cool thing about this is that only the cliffs are changed, and the rest is already made. Oh, And I changed the grass colour too XD

We could use this in King of Thieves, even though it would be a little bit of work since we would have to change the tiles a bit. But it would look SO much better. (specially in the River Basin, we could have chests and items underwater and link can dive to get them.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:21:44 pm by SpritingBrad »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: MC Overworld Tiles Re-imagined
« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2016, 10:21:33 pm »
  • .越//
So I have always though that Minish cap had weird cliffs. Now, don´t get me wrong, I LOVE Minish cap´s style, and the cliffs are actually really good. But I always thought the perspective was a bit off, like the sides and back are short and the front is way to long.

Well, when i look at your "correction" it looks like the LttP Topdown View, but Minish Cap ist more like a rotation to the front, simliar to the GameBoy Zelda Style. So it was fine like that, even if your "correction" ist good as its own style combination

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Re: MC Overworld Tiles Re-imagined
« Reply #344 on: August 30, 2016, 10:39:04 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
So I have always though that Minish cap had weird cliffs. Now, don´t get me wrong, I LOVE Minish cap´s style, and the cliffs are actually really good. But I always thought the perspective was a bit off, like the sides and back are short and the front is way to long.

Well, when i look at your "correction" it looks like the LttP Topdown View, but Minish Cap ist more like a rotation to the front, simliar to the GameBoy Zelda Style. So it was fine like that, even if your "correction" ist good as its own style combination

I tryed to make it the same as the interior tiles, but fitting One tile.
Undertale Characters MC style
« Reply #345 on: September 03, 2016, 10:28:49 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I attempted to make A few of the Undertale characters in MC style! Tell me what you think and if you want to see more
Twilight Parasite Diababa MC style
« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2016, 05:14:02 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I made Diababa in Minish Cap style.
Do you guys think it´s small? I can make it bigger.
Anyway, what do you think of this?

EDIT: I attempted a larger version, though its quite rough and needs some work.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:29:30 pm by SpritingBrad »
Morpheel MC style
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2016, 02:04:38 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
So I attemped to sprite Morpheel in MC style... It didn´t go so well. This thing is MASSIVE! Like 6 times link´s size. I did the best I could, and only the mouth of the front view. To make a sprite sheet to put it into a MC style game, we would need to make the body, the head and the fins in ALL 8 directions + Looking up and down.

This one is truly hard to make XD
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:30:25 pm by SpritingBrad »
Shadow Beast MC Style
« Reply #348 on: November 11, 2016, 10:01:57 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I´m back with something new! I made the front view of the shadow beast in MC Style!
What do you think? Is the overall sprite good? And what about the animation?
« Reply #349 on: November 13, 2016, 02:18:32 am »
NICE!
Shadow Beast MC Style - Side view
« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2016, 08:16:21 am »
  • Just call me Brad
NICE!

Thank you!!

I did the side view. The animation was a little bit hard to do, but I managed to pull it off! What do you think?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:18:28 am by SpritingBrad »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #351 on: November 20, 2016, 04:00:39 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I don't exactly see how this fits into the Minish Cap style, to be honest.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Twili Race MC Style
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2016, 01:06:47 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I made something new today! The Twili race!
What do you guys think of this?

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2016, 01:21:58 pm »
  • .越//
looking good, it's the first sprite of yours after a while i can tell, that it's really minish style =)

and as a prove, here they are pasted in a random minish cap screenshot from the internet:

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2016, 01:35:52 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
looking good, it's the first sprite of yours after a while i can tell, that it's really minish style =)

and as a prove, here they are pasted in a random minish cap screenshot from the internet:

Thank you! It means a lot :)

Also a while back I attempted to do the shadow beasts, and I cannot seem to find a way to make them in MC style. Do you have any idea on how to improve them?

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2016, 05:06:10 pm »
  • .越//

Also a while back I attempted to do the shadow beasts, and I cannot seem to find a way to make them in MC style. Do you have any idea on how to improve them?

Don't make them 1:1 as the dark Twilight Princess, try imagine how they would look in Wind Waker and sprite that ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2016, 09:01:34 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
That looks really good, Brad!
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Shadow Beast MC style (mask improvement)
« Reply #357 on: December 10, 2016, 05:51:57 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
That looks really good, Brad!
Thank you Miles!

Don't make them 1:1 as the dark Twilight Princess, try imagine how they would look in Wind Waker and sprite that ;)

Ok, so I redid the mask completely and I think it looks much better now. I also attempted to make the mask in different directions, which will help later when animating the body.

I also changed a little bit the palette of the twili, just the part of their bodies, since the shadow beasts are corrupted Twili, they should have the same colours!

What do you think on the new mask?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2016, 07:45:32 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Seems less flat. The added depth does approximate the Minish Cap style a bit more. It also looks like it could be an item, too, which is a plus.

Shadow Beast MC Style - New body + animations (d...
« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2016, 08:17:09 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I made the body now, with the walking animation plus a growling animation.

Seems less flat. The added depth does approximate the Minish Cap style a bit more. It also looks like it could be an item, too, which is a plus.

I think it fits MC style a lot, now with the body and everything. I added the shadow beast to a random screenshot and it seems to fit quite well.

EDIT: I did the attack animation too.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:01:21 pm by SpritingBrad »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 75 queries.