Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: SpritingBrad´s sprites  (Read 226491 times)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: SpritingBrad´s sprites
« Reply #480 on: June 10, 2017, 10:49:36 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Ooo, you gotta make them BotW Zora kids, also... Please?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Zora Child and Muzu (BotW) MC Style
« Reply #481 on: June 11, 2017, 06:05:51 am »
  • Just call me Brad

Haha sure! They are adorable! I'll work on them when I can. :)

EDIT: done!
EDIT 2: I did Muzu too
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:50:38 pm by SpritingBrad »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Zora Child and Muzu (BotW) MC Style
« Reply #482 on: June 12, 2017, 01:23:02 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!

Haha sure! They are adorable! I'll work on them when I can. :)

EDIT: done!
EDIT 2: I did Muzu too

D'awww! I'll say this forever; the kids of each race in BotW are the most adorable things ever in the series. (Not the Hylian kids, though.)
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

MC style BotW Pine Trees.
« Reply #483 on: June 18, 2017, 04:14:21 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
D'awww! I'll say this forever; the kids of each race in BotW are the most adorable things ever in the series. (Not the Hylian kids, though.)

I know right? The Rito kids are too cute too! Specially Teba´s son, with the spiky feathers, He is so cute. I also feel really bad then I accidentally (or intentionally) attacked him and he just started to weep.

So! I did some pine trees! I did different types of pine trees to see how they would look.
The trunk can be customized to anyone´s liking, tall, short, with branches, without, branches with leafs, others without...
I also made the trunks being cut from different directions, like in BotW, where depending on where you cut it, the tree falls on that direction.
The trunk is the same for all trees, except palm trees.

As for the leafs, I tried several things for them, and ended up with 3 examples.
1 is based on the leafs and branches from the MC´s pine tree.
2 has the same trunk but the leafs are custom made.
3 is a mix between the two.
I personally like 1 the most, though 2 looks mote like BotW pine trees. Which one do you guys like the most? 1, 2 or 3?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:18:19 pm by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #484 on: June 18, 2017, 05:09:27 pm »
It's sprites likes these that make me wish I choose for the MC instead of Lttp style for my game. These look great and very flexible!
« Reply #485 on: June 18, 2017, 07:01:13 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
It's sprites likes these that make me wish I choose for the MC instead of Lttp style for my game. These look great and very flexible!

Alttp style is still a very beautiful style. MC is just more detailed. :P And Thanks!
« Reply #486 on: June 19, 2017, 03:16:36 am »
How owuld you bunch the trees up to create a forest?
« Reply #487 on: June 19, 2017, 08:55:31 am »
  • Just call me Brad
How owuld you bunch the trees up to create a forest?

You mean as in Minish Cap where they merge together? Simple, they don´t. In real life trees don´t merge like that, they grow independently with space between one another. Same thing applies here. It allows Link to move around between them and for mushrooms, paths, rocks, and even enemies and animals to be in between the trees. Have a look at the quick example I made so you can see what I mean.
Pine tree canopy
« Reply #488 on: June 19, 2017, 02:12:11 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I´m trying to see which canopy looks best for the pine tree. I tried to add large branches to the pine trees, but its fills up a lot of space. What do you guys think of this? Do you think the one without the extra leafs looks better or the one with the extra leafs? if you don´t like any of them, do you have an idea of how it could be improved?
« Reply #489 on: June 19, 2017, 04:08:11 pm »
  • Personal Saucier
I think there might be a little too much space between the nodes from the top of the tree and the node below it. I've attached a pine tree for example, hoping it might help.

MC style BotW Pine Tree improvement
« Reply #490 on: June 20, 2017, 08:46:00 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I think there might be a little too much space between the nodes from the top of the tree and the node below it. I've attached a pine tree for example, hoping it might help.

Thanks for the advice man! Any better?
« Reply #491 on: June 20, 2017, 11:08:30 am »
  • It's just Max.
Cool project, man. Getting closer and closer to looking like a pine tree.

One thing that still looks odd is how thick the trunk is right up at the top. Maybe if you filled in where you can see the trunk at the top with more branches, you couldn't tell.

Another thing that might help you- the trees in Minish Cap look a lot more like fir or spruce (or honestly hemlock based on where they're growing) trees than pines. If you're basing yours off parts of the trees from Minish Cap, probably use a fir or spruce as a reference instead of a pine. The difference isn't huge, but it might be helpful.
Re: MC style BotW Pine Tree improvement
« Reply #492 on: June 20, 2017, 06:28:47 pm »
  • Personal Saucier

This is definitely an improvement! Very awesome.
BotW Guardian Turret MC Style (and Guardian Stal...
« Reply #493 on: June 20, 2017, 08:04:03 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Cool project, man. Getting closer and closer to looking like a pine tree.

One thing that still looks odd is how thick the trunk is right up at the top. Maybe if you filled in where you can see the trunk at the top with more branches, you couldn't tell.

Another thing that might help you- the trees in Minish Cap look a lot more like fir or spruce (or honestly hemlock based on where they're growing) trees than pines. If you're basing yours off parts of the trees from Minish Cap, probably use a fir or spruce as a reference instead of a pine. The difference isn't huge, but it might be helpful.

Thanks for the tips Max, I will see what I can do :)

This is definitely an improvement! Very awesome.

Thanks man!

So I began working on another guardian type. This time its the Guardian Turret. I also modified my Guardian stalker a little bit, mainly the eye and patterns on the heads while turning.

The turret will be a lot of work, considering that the head has to turn and the things on the sides rotate while its spins too. Also the body is different from the stalker´s body, so it can´t be reused.
Malice Smoke Ganon MC style attempt
« Reply #494 on: June 22, 2017, 07:37:54 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I attempted to sprite the smoke Ganon that flies around Hyrule castle. I just placed smoke particles ontop of others :P
This is more of a test to see how it could be done.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #495 on: June 24, 2017, 03:07:29 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
:V

« Reply #496 on: June 24, 2017, 08:20:37 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
King Mob´s MC Epona Recreation
« Reply #497 on: June 27, 2017, 06:21:39 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I am trying my very best to recreate King Mob´s Minish Cap Epona from his 2008 project The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer.
How I´m doing this is surprisingly quite simple. I have print-screened every frame of Epona seen on one of his videos. Then, I resized them roughly to the size of the ones shown on the screenshots on his main page. I then proceed to clean the sprite to the best of my ability.
I have only recreated the side running animation, and I think I have done a pretty good job with it.

When I have the others done, i will post them. Sadly, the video doesn´t show EVERY movement Epona makes in every single pose, just the ones in the attachment below. I will only RECREATE the sprites seen, and maybe create new ones. If anyone wants to expand the sheet they are welcome to do so.

EDIT: I have added a custom move to Epona. She is now rearing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:36:35 pm by SpritingBrad »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #498 on: June 28, 2017, 03:06:33 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
That looks REALLY good, actually.

Though... maybe getting the assets straight from King Mob himself would be easier? If he still has them, that is...

« Reply #499 on: June 28, 2017, 09:30:24 am »
  • Just call me Brad
That looks REALLY good, actually.

Though... maybe getting the assets straight from King Mob himself would be easier? If he still has them, that is...

But how do you contact him though?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 75 queries.