Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seriously: That's just not fair. (ZFGC chat)  (Read 3735 times)

Nebetsu

Harbinger
Seriously: That's just not fair. (ZFGC chat)
« on: November 22, 2007, 01:23:25 am »
I went to #ZFGC and said this:

(05:16:57 PM) nebetsu: Fun fact: I would have to take 340 200mg pills of Ibuprofin for it to be toxic and 1440 pills for it to be lethal
(05:17:05 PM) nebetsu: WHO SMELLS A YOUTUBE VIDEO?

And I got banned? I made a joke and get banned for it. I didn't even SWEAR. Am I not allowed to mention YouTube? Or is it Ibuprofin? Is it because I spelled "Ibuprofen" wrong? No explanation. Just banned.

EDIT: I think I figured out what rule I broke: "Spoilers are not acceptable, please warn if your post contains them." I told people what would happen if I took 1440 pills of Ibuprofen without giving a spoiler warning in case someone else wanted to try it for themself to see what the end result would be. I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 01:28:18 am by Nebetsu »

• Yiddish Nebbish
Re: Seriously: That's just not fair. (ZFGC chat)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 01:27:15 am »
Suicide :(

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 01:29:25 am »
What if I WAS suicidal? And that's what set me off the edge? What if by being banned I would thing "I don't even have #ZFGC anymore! I'm taking 1440 pills of ibuprofen!"

• Yiddish Nebbish
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 01:31:55 am »
What if I WAS suicidal? And that's what set me off the edge? What if by being banned I would thing "I don't even have #ZFGC anymore! I'm taking 1440 pills of ibuprofen!"

Then you would need much help

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 01:58:53 am »
  • Minalien
I don't know why, exactly, you were banned, but coming on the forums and complaining about it has NEVER helped anybody in the past at ZFGC, and has in fact made it worse, 9/10 times :/
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 02:53:11 am »
I don't know why, exactly, you were banned, but coming on the forums and complaining about it has NEVER helped anybody in the past at ZFGC, and has in fact made it worse, 9/10 times :/

Correct me if i'm wrong here ken, but didn't you *set* the ban?

None the less, if you're ever confused at why you were banned and its not blatantly clear, feel free to post it here. Its better though to query myself, cppchriscpp or Blackmage.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 06:04:29 pm »
  • Ancient Admin / Gaurdian
EDIT: I think I figured out what rule I broke: "Spoilers are not acceptable, please warn if your post contains them." I told people what would happen if I took 1440 pills of Ibuprofen without giving a spoiler warning in case someone else wanted to try it for themself to see what the end result would be. I'm sorry.
Sorry, but LMAO
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 06:28:59 pm »
Sorry, but LMAO
And that's all I was trying to do in the first place is make people laugh.

• Yiddish Nebbish
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 11:33:41 pm »
  • Minalien

None the less, if you're ever confused at why you were banned and its not blatantly clear, feel free to post it here. Its better though to query myself, cppchriscpp or Blackmage.
No, I hadn't. Zelda-Bot had o-O. I had jokingly typed in a ban, but had CTRL+ENTER'd it, so it didn't actually ban him
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 11:47:10 pm »
I went to #ZFGC and said this:

(05:16:57 PM) nebetsu: Fun fact: I would have to take 340 200mg pills of Ibuprofin for it to be toxic and 1440 pills for it to be lethal
(05:17:05 PM) nebetsu: WHO SMELLS A YOUTUBE VIDEO?

And I got banned? I made a joke and get banned for it. I didn't even SWEAR. Am I not allowed to mention YouTube? Or is it Ibuprofin? Is it because I spelled "Ibuprofen" wrong? No explanation. Just banned.

That was me. I had a shitty day and your comment really annoyed me for no apparent reason. It was a 5 minute ban. You then in a show of equal maturity came back, complained, and ran off before anyone could say a word. I'd feel bad were it not for that. I was going to appologize then but you ran off before a word could be gotten in.

I hope that was a joke. I really do.

I disagree, coming to the forums to complain about a TRUE unjust ban is fine with me, though I'd appreciate it more if it were directed at me in a pm or email or something, so I actually get to it. I don't visit the forums as often as I used to so I just chanced upon it. This however was not really forum topic-worthy, as he came back into the channel and complained before running off.

Contesting a ban is fine with me if it's on normal grounds.

Way to go finger pointing >_> As I told you last night it was me. I was going to (again) bring it up with neb today but this caught my attention first. The second statement however I agree with, as stated above.

You're back in, the ban was 5 minutes or less in time, case should be closed. If this is not true, please post or contact me personally, though realize that my prescence will be rare over the next few days. Posting here right now might be a better idea unless you see me online.

~ Chris
  • cpprograms

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 12:00:02 am »
I don't know why, exactly, you were banned, but coming on the forums and complaining about it has NEVER helped anybody in the past at ZFGC

Wrong. I've done it before and got unbanned.<_<

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 12:00:16 am »
Thing is: I didn't know who to PM seeing as how it was the bot that actually did it and it didn't tell me who really banned me. And I didn't run off without saying a word. I was just trying to be funny and no one was saying anything. I wasn't complaining when I came back to chat. I just was trying to make people laugh. I guess that's not allowed around here... >>

• Yiddish Nebbish
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 12:19:03 am »
Actually Chris, I thought Ken set the ban, thats how I read it the first time around, when I went back and looked I saw it was Zelda-Bot. Though I think we still need signed kicks, if this becomes an issue again.

Thing is: I didn't know who to PM seeing as how it was the bot that actually did it and it didn't tell me who really banned me. And I didn't run off without saying a word. I was just trying to be funny and no one was saying anything. I wasn't complaining when I came back to chat. I just was trying to make people laugh. I guess that's not allowed around here... >>

No true, as chris said he was having a 'bad day'. You can always PM me about anything regarding the chat or the forums. Chris owns the chat, but I'm an admin there.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 03:31:44 am by 4Sword »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 08:50:59 pm »
So I can take 20 IB pills and not suffer liver damage?
Isn't that like getting high? O_o Talk about giving the kiddies bad ideas. XD
Sorry, I have to ask.

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 09:37:08 pm »
So I can take 20 IB pills and not suffer liver damage?
Isn't that like getting high? O_o Talk about giving the kiddies bad ideas. XD
Sorry, I have to ask.
Actually that was miscalculation that no one bothered to correct me on. I did it when I had a huge headache I was taking ibuprofin for, so the math was wrong. It's actually like 30 something to be toxic and 100 and something to be lethal.

• Yiddish Nebbish
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 10:53:01 pm »
  • Minalien
Post is solved and is going off topic.

Quote from: LOG OF THAT NIGHT
[17:16:23] * Joins: Nebetsu (nebetsu@54AC25EC.C775A35D.1D9F32DF.IP)
[17:16:54] <Nebetsu> Fun fact: I would have to take 340 200mg pills of Ibuprofin for it to be toxic and 1440 pills for it to be lethal
[17:17:03] <Nebetsu> WHO SMELLS A YOUTUBE VIDEO?
[17:19:13] * Zelda-Bot sets mode: +b *!*@54AC25EC.C775A35D.1D9F32DF.IP
[17:19:13] * Nebetsu was kicked by Zelda-Bot (Error)
[17:20:09] * cpp sets mode: -b *!*@54AC25EC.C775A35D.1D9F32DF.IP
[17:20:11] <JesseTyler> What. :(
[17:39:36] * Min|Food is now known as Ken
[17:42:28] * Joins: Nebetsu (nebetsu@54AC25EC.C775A35D.1D9F32DF.IP)
[17:42:34] <Nebetsu> Hello
[17:42:42] <@Ken> /mode #zfgc +b *!*@54AC25EC.C775A35D.1D9F32DF.IP
[17:42:46] <@Ken> <_<
[17:42:46] <@Ken> >_>
[17:43:23] <Nebetsu> I did NOT think that was ban-worthy. I was just trying to make a joke for the good people of ZFGC to bring laughter into their lives
[17:45:09] * Quits: Nebetsu (nebetsu@54AC25EC.C775A35D.1D9F32DF.IP) (Quit: Leaving.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 03:18:32 am by MiNalien »

• Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 86 queries.

anything