Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: OMG OMG OMG OMG Zelda classic Beta 15 Released, Check here!!!!!!!!!!!)  (Read 4159 times)

Koh

OMG OMG OMG OMG Zelda classic Beta 15 Released, ...
« on: November 28, 2006, 09:02:30 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
It's here.

Windows:
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 15 for Windows (FULL)

Linux:
Coming soon.

OS X:
Coming soon.

Incomplete list of changes:
Disabling items should work. Look for the dialog for more details
New items: The Roc's Feather (YAY), the Hover Boots (YAY), and four tiger scrolls: one that allows a charged spin attack, one that allows beams to be shot from a spin attack, and two that allow you to charge your hammer aand cause a quake on the ground
New quest rule that allows the use of more sounds as used in sfx.dat. Note: If you check this quest rule, the game will automatically use sfx slots 35-60 for it's own purposes, so if you have sound effects in that range, move them or don't bother with this quest rule
Sideview mode, which allows true sidecrolling areas, with gravity and all. Talk to _L_ for more details on this
FFC flag - Run Script on Screen Init. Room Type - Take One Item. Quest Rule - Messages Freeze All Action. Quest Rule - Flip Right-Facing Slash.
Sword tapping while charged works
Lots and lots of miscellaneous bug fixes
Lots of additions to the scripting engine. Look at the scripting form for more details.
More will be listed by DN or _L_
Please Verify Quarantined Bugs
I think save games from b14 will work, but just in case, back them up!
BACK UP YOUR QUESTS BEFORE YOU USE THIS ON THEM!
  • Megaclipse Games
Re: OMG OMG OMG OMG Zelda classic Beta 15 Releas...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 09:07:45 pm »
Almost nobody here uses this shitty program.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 09:34:31 pm »
Rocs Feather is love to me!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 06:07:50 am »
Almost nobody here uses this pooty program.

dude it doesnt matter if you think no one uses the program...and its not a pooty one either....if might make a suggestion maybe you should switch to this..ya know it might help you with ur game making.... anyways, i think its a good program to make a zelda game, the next thing they should add is something where you can make ur own menu and cut scences and stuff
  • Freak GFX
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:49:44 am »
  • Oh.
Almost nobody here uses this pooty program.

dude it doesnt matter if you think no one uses the program...and its not a pooty one either....if might make a suggestion maybe you should switch to this..ya know it might help you with ur game making.... anyways, i think its a good program to make a zelda game, the next thing they should add is something where you can make ur own menu and cut scences and stuff

This is a big poot mr.
ZC is kinda ya know..  Not good  ;)  Everybody should try to use another system thats more versatile, how about Game Maker or something?  Sadly, you can't do much with ZC..  Plus, what if you dont wanna make a Zelda game?  You gotta learn to use another system because eventully your going to want to.
Hm.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 12:06:31 pm »
Almost nobody here uses this shitty program.
*applause*

yeah, I'm not a fan of ZC, it encourages too many n00bs, I think game maker is pretty decent at quality control because you cant start it up and start a game right away, I'd deem ZC a good program if:
you could alter the resolution
have a scrolling screen
and had far fewer restrictions on sprites and tiles
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 01:48:16 pm »
  • [sic]
ZC is a good Zelda Game Maker. however, in a more broad sense, it is a bad game maker. It's actually pretty good. It's well-programmed, the games come out good, etc. However, it's limited to Zelda. And so there are lots of features left to be desired in a normal game maker. and it's hard to be innovative or original with ZC, given it's limited gameplay.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 03:11:32 pm »
yeah, I'm not a fan of ZC, it encourages too many n00bs, I think game maker is pretty decent at quality control because you cant start it up and start a game right away, I'd deem ZC a good program if:
you could alter the resolution
have a scrolling screen
and had far fewer restrictions on sprites and tiles
Indeed.
However, I'm not here to flame programs, so...hmm..., it maybe would be good to see screenshots...
The only thing I did/could do with ZC was to play the very first Zelda with new graphics.

Koh

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 07:56:46 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
you can already edit the menu.

BTW, some of you have no heart to say what i and what isn't a good game maker.  You have the right to say your opinion, yes, but no need to put down a program you aren't making, especially if you only used it less than 5 times.  If you got use to it and game maker, you should just roll with it and update as it updates.  For example, Many of us have awaited the time the Roc's feather, the spin attack, and the hoverboots to get in.  A couple of months later it was added.  Gravity in sideview ares, item falls from ceiling, all these great features have been added and yet some of you are heartless and call it a "bad" program.  Shame on all of you flamers.
  • Megaclipse Games
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 08:23:49 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
No Matter how bad it is, I still have trouble putting link in the game... The HELP file didn't help much... so what now? HUH!

Koh

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 09:21:53 pm »
  • Tamer Koh
then just ask for help.  If yuo mean how to place Link when e continues do the following:

1.Put the cursor over the bottom box
2.Scroll with the scrolling thing in the middle of the mouse ti'l you see a greenish box.
3.Click it and place ti where you want Link to start.
  • Megaclipse Games

Limzo

Just look at ZC now!
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 08:43:53 pm »
I don't know whether this is the right forum or not but...

Zelda Classic, though you guys think it sucks BS, is now SO TOTALLY UBER COOL!

I don't know what else to say but please look.
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=94721

Thanks for your time,
Limzo.

P.S. I love the banana BTW.  :jellytime:

Fox-Edit: Merged the two topics, second topic starts from here on.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 09:57:54 am by Fox »

gm112

Re: Just look at ZC now!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 09:05:41 pm »
Somebody already posted a topic about zelda classic. The new one, that is. Who cares if people think it sucks, just their opinion. Keep that kinda stuff on armageddongames forums not ZFGC.
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 10:18:35 pm »
The side view levels are also love to me. I don't care if the program sucks, it's all about the looooovin!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 10:21:23 pm »
Like I said before the Rocs Feather and platform-engine is loooove. Seriously, who does not love the side scrolling engine?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 10:22:35 pm »
  • [sic]
you can already edit the menu.

BTW, some of you have no heart to say what i and what isn't a good game maker.  You have the right to say your opinion, yes, but no need to put down a program you aren't making, especially if you only used it less than 5 times.  If you got use to it and game maker, you should just roll with it and update as it updates.  For example, Many of us have awaited the time the Roc's feather, the spin attack, and the hoverboots to get in.  A couple of months later it was added.  Gravity in sideview ares, item falls from ceiling, all these great features have been added and yet some of you are heartless and call it a "bad" program.  Shame on all of you flamers.
That's not it. The thing is, it's quite limited. It builds in it's features. i mean, listen to yourself for a sec. "They finally added spinning attack, gravity and roc's feather". With a standar game-making program you would already be able to create these things yourself. It's basically an easy-to-use mostly zelda-only game maker. That doesn't mean it's bad, it's just limited. So you can make a better game by using other programs/languages/

gm112

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 01:17:11 am »
Besides, stuff like ZC attracts more newbies to forums making them think they're all smart and cool with their ZC quest file.
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 06:10:36 am »
  • Back again.
Eh, I like the RPG Makers. I can't program, so they work for me.
Just kinda moseying along.

Limzo

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 04:49:25 pm »
To GM: I didn't post it because some of you don't like it, I posted it just to show you it now.

I hope that I can get ZC a few more users now though.

gm112

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 08:28:30 pm »
Still you can't go saying stuff like this:
though you guys think it sucks BS

And somebody already posted a topic about this, as I said already. This topic is pointless since it was already posted.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 78 queries.

anything