Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo's Next Console Will Enter The HD Era, But Not The Hard-Drive Era  (Read 7286 times)

Nintendo's Next Console Will Enter The HD Era, B...
« on: May 03, 2011, 06:00:54 pm »
http://ca.kotaku.com/5797890/nintendos-next-console-will-enter-the-hd-era-but-not-the-hard+drive-era

The console, codenamed Project Café, will include 8 gigabytes of on-bard flash-based memory, presumably for game storage. That quantity, while nearly 16 times the storage capacity of the Wii, is smaller than the 20GB of room available in the original, optional harddrives offered in 2005 for the Xbox 360. The amount of memory in the new Nintendo console would also be dwarfed by the 250 GB drives offered in current, high-end versions of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

XFD Nintendo, i know how fast my 20 GB goes down on the 360 with our 20 GB HDD with just downloading demo's. Oh Nintendo, Why yall Dumb.

Re: Nintendo's Next Console Will Enter The HD Er...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:18:31 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
...one of these Pikachus represents Nintendo. The other what I wish to do to Nintendo.

Guess which is which.

I guess they're going for cheap-and-mass-market again?...joy. I can't remember the last time I used a Wii but it's been a long time and for a good reason >.<
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:20:14 pm by TheDarkJay »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:49:55 pm »
...one of these Pikachus represents Nintendo. The other what I wish to do to Nintendo.

Guess which is which.

I guess they're going for cheap-and-mass-market again?...joy. I can't remember the last time I used a Wii but it's been a long time and for a good reason >.<
I second this entire post

HD requires a better memory
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »
Who honestly gives a !@#$% about storage when they have a PC? I play these consoles for games. Not to download !@#$%.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:55:40 pm »
  • b e p i s
Nintendo will never get it, but will also never die. It must be nice to be such a popular company that you can basically do whatever you want and still sell games.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:35:16 pm »
Who honestly gives a !@#$% about storage when they have a PC? I play these consoles for games. Not to download !@#$%.

Demos tell you hi

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 11:18:21 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Maybe they'll get it right this time and allow external harddrive support....maybe....

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 05:20:10 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%

Have fun with your 1x read BluRay drive, I'll stick with installing games to the drive thanks

This is such an obvious cost cutting move its disgusting. I laughed out loud when I first read about this earlier today, I seriously thought it was a joke
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 07:17:39 am »

Have fun with your 1x read BluRay drive, I'll stick with installing games to the drive thanks

This is such an obvious cost cutting move its disgusting. I laughed out loud when I first read about this earlier today, I seriously thought it was a joke
If it's one thing Nintendo does not like, it's load times. I doubt they'd release a format that will cause noticeable load times(as far as first party games go).
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 01:18:03 am »

If it's one thing Nintendo does not like, it's load times. I doubt they'd release a format that will cause noticeable load times(as far as first party games go).

BluRay's been confirmed already bro, and the fast drive speeds simply aren't there yet for the format

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Blu-ray has not yet been confirmed.  In fact, nothing has, everything at this point is speculation.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 01:29:54 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Demos tell you hi

All demos have done for me in the past is get me pumped for something ballin' before crushing my dreams with the final product. Really, I'm good with waiting for the actual game before determining whether or not its a real gem or a neatly wrapped piece of !@#$%, ala Fable III.

But yeah, Nintendo. I'll probably end up buying this simply because I'm still a Nintendo fanboy at heart.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 11:53:19 am »
  • 笑い男
Demos tell you hi

All demos have done for me in the past is get me pumped for something ballin' before crushing my dreams with the final product. Really, I'm good with waiting for the actual game before determining whether or not its a real gem or a neatly wrapped piece of !@#$%, ala Fable III.

But yeah, Nintendo. I'll probably end up buying this simply because I'm still a Nintendo fanboy at heart.

Nintendo also agree with demo's being bad in that way (or rather the opposite of wanting you to play the final experience, not a bit of it) and haven't liked demo's for as long as I know.
I doubt they'd suddenly jump on the band wagon over their beliefs.

I of course have no idea how the next gen will be, but if there is only 8 gigs of space (I do like that it's flash and fast tight butthole though) and more is needed because of Nintendo suddenly going into tons of downloadable content or whatever, then cloud storage may be a possibility. Goes in line with the rumoured name of "Stream" as well.
Of course it's just speculation though :P

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 01:51:54 pm »
Obviously ninty aren't planning on DLC or letting you install other OS.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 01:20:14 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Demos tell you hi

Nintendo also agree with demo's being bad in that way (or rather the opposite of wanting you to play the final experience, not a bit of it) and haven't liked demo's for as long as I know.

I 'member Nintendo releasing demos for Metroid Prime II and Wind Waker. 
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 03:21:13 am »
Demos tell you hi

Demo's are still good to have, especially if i don't want to shell out 60 bucks for a game i may not like. I didn't mind Fable 3 until the end where i had to get Gold to win the game. Still haven't beaten it because of that crap. Plus it's some how even more boring to me now.

Demos tell you hi

I of course have no idea how the next gen will be, but if there is only 8 gigs of space (I do like that it's flash and fast tight butthole though) and more is needed because of Nintendo suddenly going into tons of downloadable content or whatever, then cloud storage may be a possibility. Goes in line with the rumoured name of "Stream" as well.
Of course it's just speculation though :P

That's just an excuse Nintendo uses because their lazy, only reason they don't have regular Wii demo's because of the lack of Wii space, although they have WiiWare demo;s.

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 09:57:08 am »
  • 笑い男
Demos tell you hi

I 'member Nintendo releasing demos for Metroid Prime II and Wind Waker. 

Actually now that you say that I remember there being a demo for the DS metroid that came with the very first DS. Strange lol

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 02:45:33 pm »
Actually now that you say that I remember there being a demo for the DS metroid that came with the very first DS. Strange lol

Yep, it sure did. Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt. I actually went and played it on my 3DS hoping but I could make it my "Favorite Title" for shits and giggles. Unfortunately they don't let you do that with DS Software. =\
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 02:49:04 pm »
Blu-ray has not yet been confirmed.  In fact, nothing has, everything at this point is speculation.

Well its more than just speculation, its more like insiders leaking details on the thing before Nintendo announces the specs themselves

But yeah I guess you're right Nintendo hasn't officially said "This is how it is" yet

Demo's are still good to have, especially if i don't want to shell out 60 bucks for a game i may not like. I didn't mind Fable 3 until the end where i had to get Gold to win the game. Still haven't beaten it because of that crap. Plus it's some how even more boring to me now.

Sounds like Wind Waker to me :P
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:51:02 pm by walnut100 »

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 03:27:13 am »
Hard drives are old school now :P Solid state is totally where it is at! Nintendo just needs to figure out a way to make large solid state drives that are cheap :P But seriously, Nintendo has pretty much always made games for kids. Hard drives are still reasonably fragile, bulky, things that contain moving parts. Nothing in a computer except fans and maybe water pumps should have moving parts and are thus bad for kids; kid drops console solid state easily survives, kid drops hard drive a couple of times and it's toast.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 78 queries.

anything