Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 83   Go Down

Author Topic: Horn of Balance  (Read 462653 times)

Re: [Demo] Tech demo - Horn of Balance (working ...
« Reply #340 on: February 03, 2011, 03:11:48 pm »
lttp styled sprites.
How would zelda oracle of ages and seasons look like in alttp style?
And then using graphics from it in a fangame that only accepts alttp styles tiles.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:21:03 pm by Gedosemo »
« Reply #341 on: February 03, 2011, 07:19:44 pm »
Thanks for the support.
As for helping. I made a request for custom sprites a while back here: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=37244.msg417513#msg417513
If someone would be able to help with that then I would be most gratefull. Beyond that I'm good right now.
« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2011, 01:19:21 pm »
Made some progress over the last couple of days.

The credits screen and startingscreens have been recoded/improved saving some resources in the progress. All text used on those screens is now created using fonts instead of just sprites (I finally discovered font :)). Recoding textboxes is next on my list, but that will take a little longer to get right.

Aside from tiny visual edits I made two (functional) changes to the startingscreen:
1. When entering a new name delete can now shorten a name (where "AB DEF" would previously become "A  DEF", it now becomes "ABDEF").
2. On the option screen you now see the button associated to each action. I'm still pondering on what looks beter though, so I'll post the options for some feedback.

Option A

Option B
« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2011, 05:23:22 pm »
They both seem fine imo. But I would have to say B just because it provides more space between the option, and the input.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2011, 05:46:35 pm »
I have to agree with Xfixium in that B looks better because it leaves a wider space between the options. However A looks better in the fact that the key values are not plastered so close to the options. I would say either give shorter names to the options or make a scrolling screen or something. Which I prefer the former one.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2011, 05:57:40 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Could even colorize the outlines to the keys
« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2011, 06:19:41 pm »
I can change the drawing color so I haven't found a need yet. It's easy enough to add in though.

EDIT:
Reading your comments I made a version C using a temporary 2nd font.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:59:01 pm by Martijn dh »
« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2011, 07:30:30 pm »
Looks much better with that spacing IMO (Letters butted up together). Which the original used that spacing from what I recall.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2011, 07:43:22 pm »
Much better
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2011, 10:20:10 am »
An image of Link when he's drunk.
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2011, 06:49:21 pm »
Here are two more screenshot just for kicks.
Latest progress btw: finished recoding the textboxes from the ground up and I've added the book of mudora.

My vacation is over once again, so I'm afraid it's back to usual for me for the coming time. The plan was originally to create a new video showing the latest features beforehand, but that would just spoils the surprise. I do invite someone else to do. Let me know if you are intested. If somebody wishes to do some glitch hunting, then be sure to let me know as well.
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2011, 08:29:24 pm »
Not a lot of (visible) progress this weekend. I hadn't really planned for there to be any progress, but I opened gamemaker and well.. time flew. As a result more aspects of the item menu have been recoded and the amount of resources has deminished further as well.

I was wondering though. Since the last demo (that I actually made public) not a lot of visible progress has been made. You can find the overview in the startingpost if you're interested. Most of my time has been spend cleaning up coding, working of lessening the amount of resource and fixing glitches. That being said, several fundamentals have been touched and I'm looking for testers. My question is wether or not someone is willing to help me with this. Or is it wiser to just post a new demo? Again, I don't feel there is a lot actually added since the last demo.

Progress (while I'm at it)
590 sprites   --> 428 sprites
157 scripts   --> 155 scripts
111 objects --> 94 objects
72 sounds
22 backgrounds
9 paths --> 8 paths
8 rooms
5 timelines
« Reply #352 on: March 06, 2011, 10:58:05 am »
Latest progress report:
- Finished recoding the item menu (it's now just comprised of one object).
- Made some more coding changes to the startingscreen, saving more resources.
- Added in an auto-save function for the game settings. It should be a welcome addition for those that dislike the pre-set controls.
« Reply #353 on: March 13, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »
Spend the last couple of hours working on a more elaborate saving system (using ini files). And then I started thinking up ways to prevent people from messing around with the savefiles. I may have went a little overboard, but at least the data in the ini files is impossible to crack now.

Currently I've implemented the actual saving plus encrypting of the data. Hopefully I'll get around to the loading aspect next week.
« Reply #354 on: March 14, 2011, 08:53:55 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Hey Martijn! First, it's great to see that you're still here on ZFGC. And your project is looking nice and strong as ever! Great work!

Spend the last couple of hours working on a more elaborate saving system (using ini files). And then I started thinking up ways to prevent people from messing around with the savefiles. I may have went a little overboard, but at least the data in the ini files is impossible to crack now.

Currently I've implemented the actual saving plus encrypting of the data. Hopefully I'll get around to the loading aspect next week.

Off-topic: I hate to ask, but when you figure it all out I would greatly appreciate your help with encrypting saved data and loading it in my own game. :P That's the only thing that I have no idea how to do and it would help me out TONS.

Back on topic, I am very glad to see how this has progressed. I haven't checked to see if there's a newer demo than the latest one I played (pretty sure there would be), but if there is, I'll try to set aside some time to test it out. :)
  • My Music
« Reply #355 on: March 14, 2011, 06:35:04 pm »
Why hate to ask? You've helped me plenty in the past. I haven't forgotten.
Once I'm done figuring it out for myself you'll receive simular scripts.
« Reply #356 on: March 20, 2011, 02:54:39 pm »
The weekly progress:
+ Finished the save feature for the character data (plus send FrozenFire a copy)
+ Further lessened the number of objects and variables needed for the startingscreen
« Reply #357 on: March 21, 2011, 11:35:00 am »
It's great to see you make steady progress every week.

Can I ask when you think you'll be starting to add content? I'm really looking forward to that :)
« Reply #358 on: March 21, 2011, 07:14:26 pm »
That's a though question as I have been without help for quite a while now :( I estimate I will be adding in new stuff in about 2 or 3 months time, depending on your definition of added content of course. It also depends on how the proposed "Design your own dungeon" contest mid April will work out.

Right now I have the following planned (in order) before releasing a new demo:
- Finish the saving feature to also include dungeon data (will also require me redefine the area control objects in a more uniform manor)
- Finish cleaning up the coding behind the starting screen (not essential but I'll probably continue my work on it anyway)
- Finish the snake enemy (more or less new content)
- Revisit picking up containers (worked on this a little yesterday. It's something I've been putting off for far to long already)
- Make some tweaks container shadows and stabbing of enemies
- Recode the sword's energy attack
- Add in magic attacks for the firerod/icerod/rod of medu (new content. This will be a major undertaking as it also means enemies should be burnable, get frozen etc)
- Make dungeon updates for the use of the firerod (new content. It should allow access to about 10 more rooms and it will straighten out order in which the dungeon is to be completed)

All in all, it's not heavy on new content. I'll see about adding more enemies and items for the demo after that one.

I must say, since I have little time to actually spend on the project I tend to work more on improvements rather then completely new content. It's not very flashy progress but I don't believe I've ever aimed for something like that XD.

PS: Having people help out with dungeon/area design would greatly improve the odds for new content in the near future. A tester would also be welcome.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #359 on: March 21, 2011, 08:01:56 pm »
  • .越//
don't let youself force to add content, it seems you're the best project right now in kind of stable planning of a project and engine... most people just add gfx and features in a glitchy buggy engine

your updates are content enough to see that you are working on it, that should be enough to know for us ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 83   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 74 queries.

anything