Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 19327 times)

Pyru

Re: Smoking
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 05:43:17 pm »
Banning tobacco and alcohol will never work as it's been proven over and over and over again.

Please read the entire topic, we've kind of moved beyond that point.

Besides, who's ever tried to ban tobacco entirely? Prohibition didn't work because it was instant. Things like that need to be more gentle.
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2006, 05:59:45 pm »
  • Revan Does Not Care!
Banning tobacco and alcohol will never work as it's been proven over and over and over again.

Besides, who's ever tried to ban tobacco entirely? Prohibition didn't work because it was instant. Things like that need to be more gentle.

No what i'm talking about is there is no way to get rid of it, gentle or not gentle smoking is here to stay. 

Second hand smoke? phfft.... People are more likely to die from a drunk driver then ever getting cancer from second hand smoke. Yet they still allow alcohal to be served at publec events such as nascar races and sport events. If they allow alcohal, why not allow ciggaretts? 
http://www.youtube.com/HarveyArtifex

Sic vis pacem, para bellum.
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2006, 06:08:43 pm »

No what i'm talking about is there is no way to get rid of it, gentle or not gentle smoking is here to stay. 

Second hand smoke? phfft.... People are more likely to die from a drunk driver then ever getting cancer from second hand smoke. Yet they still allow alcohal to be served at publec events such as nascar races and sport events. If they allow alcohal, why not allow ciggaretts? 
agree, well, i just dont like to smoke, but i dont care if a friend of mines smoke, there is nothing wrong in that.

Pyru

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2006, 07:01:59 pm »

It's like letting people !@#$% in your face; it's fine if you let them do it and give them permission to; it's something completley different when they do it simply because "they enjoy it", "it's not that dangerous" and "it's not illegal".

The thing about alcohol is, there are a large number of laws controlling its use, and you are still responsible for anything you do under the influence. Alcohol does not typically give people cancer long-distance.

A lot of people do die from second-hand smoke, and a lot of babies are born underweight to mothers who recieve a lot of second-hand smoke. There are big impacts healthwise, but it's also offensive to force people to breath in your fumes.
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2006, 07:28:12 pm »
  • Revan Does Not Care!

It's like letting people !@#$% in your face; it's fine if you let them do it and give them permission to; it's something completley different when they do it simply because "they enjoy it", "it's not that dangerous" and "it's not illegal".

The thing about alcohol is, there are a large number of laws controlling its use, and you are still responsible for anything you do under the influence. Alcohol does not typically give people cancer long-distance.

A lot of people do die from second-hand smoke, and a lot of babies are born underweight to mothers who recieve a lot of second-hand smoke. There are big impacts healthwise, but it's also offensive to force people to breath in your fumes.

If the mother is exposed to that much smoke over that long of a period, then it's the mother's fault for being an idiot and being around the smoke. If you want to get into birth defects, alcohal still causes more damage to babies each year then second hand smoke.
http://www.youtube.com/HarveyArtifex

Sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Pyru

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2006, 07:29:35 pm »
Then don't drink when you're pregnant, y'know?

But as for smoke, there are situations where it may not be possible to avoid smoke if smoking is legal in public places and workplaces.

Limey

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2006, 09:15:17 pm »
Revan, there are people that smoke everywhere, especially in the city.  For example, a pregnant woman living in New York City might take in a lot of 2nd hand smoke just walking to work, etc.  Especially since they outlawed smoking indoors.  That means everybody goes outside to smoke >_>
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2006, 10:24:01 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov

But as for smoke, there are situations where it may not be possible to avoid smoke if smoking is legal in public places and workplaces.
Fatal Achohal Syndrome. thats when you drink when your preggo.

Anyways this isint about comparing smoking and alchohal, we're debating smoking >_>

Sorry to kinda rent-a-mod.

Limey

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2006, 10:25:24 pm »

Anyways this isint about comparing smoking and alchohal, we're debating smoking >_>

They're related, and it does relate to the debate.
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2006, 10:29:42 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Hmm...

* Issac_Amisov glares

w/e

Revan, there are people that smoke everywhere, especially in the city.  For example, a pregnant woman living in New York City might take in a lot of 2nd hand smoke just walking to work, etc.  Especially since they outlawed smoking indoors.  That means everybody goes outside to smoke >_>
Well... that has a just reason. No one wants to move into a house where someone has been smoking if they don't smoke. It would give them Emphysema, Lung Cancer, Asthma, etc. over time.

Notice at hotels there are "Smoking" or "Non-Smoking" rooms, or at resturaunts. "smoking" or "Non-Smoking" because people dont want to breathe in other peoples ciggarettes.

Pyru

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2006, 04:05:04 pm »

I didn't bring up the alcohol, someone else did. My post was a reply to someone else's. Please read the topic fully.

Hmm...

* Issac_Amisov glares

w/e

Well... that has a just reason. No one wants to move into a house where someone has been smoking if they don't smoke. It would give them Emphysema, Lung Cancer, Asthma, etc. over time.

Notice at hotels there are "Smoking" or "Non-Smoking" rooms, or at resturaunts. "smoking" or "Non-Smoking" because people dont want to breathe in other peoples ciggarettes.

As already mentionned, the smoke diffuses into ALL areas, not just where people are smoking. You can't just keep the smoke in a bubble.

Limey

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2006, 04:12:34 pm »
They had something cool at an airport i've been to once.  There were a couple rooms throughout the place, which had a 2 layers of doors.  The 2 layers of doors pretty much prevented any smoke from getting out.  That means, they still get to do what they want, but its not so dangerous to other people.  Now if everywhere could get those rooms ;)
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2006, 04:53:02 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
They had something cool at an airport i've been to once.  There were a couple rooms throughout the place, which had a 2 layers of doors.  The 2 layers of doors pretty much prevented any smoke from getting out.  That means, they still get to do what they want, but its not so dangerous to other people.  Now if everywhere could get those rooms ;)
Ye, that would help prevent second-hand smoke. That would be very helpful. What country was it in?

Fox The Cave

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2006, 08:20:53 am »
I think there's not much difference between cigarettes and other ILLEGAL drugs, it should be illegal just like them, the only reason it's not is because of all the tax the government collects off their sales.
  Cigarettes are a drug, just like cannibis and ecstasy...
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2006, 12:52:58 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
I think there's not much difference between cigarettes and other ILLEGAL drugs, it should be illegal just like them, the only reason it's not is because of all the tax the government collects off their sales.

Yeah, of course. If they are illegal, no one can buy them from the gov and the gov gets no extra money. But with the price of gas and homes and an 8% tax on everything, I dont think they need much more.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2006, 03:17:26 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov

Yeah, of course. If they are illegal, no one can buy them from the gov and the gov gets no extra money. But with the price of gas and homes and an 8% tax on everything, I dont think they need much more.
No kidding. Gas prices around calgary are  106.8 I hear thats cheap now a-days. Well, why shouldint they be illegal, it has nicotine in it, and nicotine is a drug. Just like ecstasy, etc. Why should it be allowed?
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2006, 07:09:59 pm »
  • Hello.
I think that anyone who starts smoking in this day and age with all the health risks and what not is a moron to be frank. Im not talking about parents or grandparents etc because they didnt know about the risks when they where young and have been smoking this long so fair enough, but to choose to smoke in this day and age is just ridiculous in my opinion. On the other hand its thier choice and if they want to slowly destroy thier health then thats thier prerogative im araid.
  • My Myspace Page
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2006, 03:10:22 am »
I don't think it should be ilegal seeing as how its not gonna screw you up like alchohal and make you unable to dive properly. But I think it should only be done in the privacy of your house. Simply because the negative effects it has on other people int he world.

But cigaretts as they are now, are stupid. They have so much !@#$% in them that they have absolutly no need for whatsoever. over 5000 chemicals? why? It should be just a plain tobaco-like plant with no added chemicals to reduce the effect it has on unborn babies, and people aroudn them who do not choose to smoke.

Also. They shouldn't put nicotien(sp) in it to make you addicted. Seeing as how because of this people have to smoke in public. Because they can't wait tell they get home.

It should be a simple plant you can smoke just for the pleasure of puffing on some smoke. With different flavors. And no chemicals, or harmfull substances (opther then the smoke itself wich damages you're lungs).

They should work on making healthier smokes, and cigaretts without chemicals I guarantee a lot of people are still going to smoke them. Look at how many do regardless of the health concerns. So if they wern't as bad for the person. They would still have the same buisness. In fact. They might have more buisness. Seeing as how people would live longer.

Then again. Taking out that danger from smoking only causes more people to smoke, more often. And since smoke in general is still harmfull to you're lungs, and still causes emfisyma(sp) you will still have a lot of problems caused by smoking.

So I don't really know what to say.
We may be human. But we're still animals.

Naz

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2006, 03:21:18 am »
  • Ph34r the toast.
Smoking = bad.  But it will never be illegal.  If you've ever heard what happened when the U.S. made alcohol illegal.  :/
Don't read this.

Fanuilos

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2006, 03:22:56 am »
Smoking = bad.  But it will never be illegal.  If you've ever heard what happened when the U.S. made alcohol illegal.  :/
It IS illegal for those under 18.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 75 queries.