Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Changes, changes...  (Read 20306 times)

Kirby

Changes, changes...
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:58:57 am »
Hi everyone,

Andrew and I had a long discussion (:P) about ZFGC today. As such, the following changes have come out of it:
  • New Rules There are new rules up. Self explanatory. Read them and follow them, please. Mods are now permitted to crack down on people disobeying rules.
  • Goal of the Site Team It hasn't been clear, so here it is: To develop the new site layout and give ideas on the current site's graphics and template.
    Site team will hopefully have a mission briefing in the coming days :P
  • More Members ZFGC is in need of more users. Our user count is falling due to loss of interest. We will soon be considering different methods of accepting members, such as affiliating with other sites.

Also, please be aware that all Invision look alike themes and the dark blue theme are going down -before or on this Friday-. They are far too annoying and complex to keep up with. There will be one single replacement theme with new graphics and different color schemes (Kokiri Green, Zora Blue, Goron Red, Shiekah Dark Blue). This way, we can continue to add new features and serve you better without creating a mess.

Expect new features such as topic descriptions as well as light BBCode in custom titles to also be added by this Friday. More content is coming. ZFGC won't be the same dull and boring place!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:52:28 am by 4Sword »
Re: Changes, changes...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 06:06:46 am »
Sound's good! kinda sad we loose the dark blue theme, I always used it but I understand why you remove it.

Kirby

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 06:07:47 am »
I think I should clarify that. The new theme will have a very similar layout and will have switchable color schemes (dark blue being one of them). So fear not. I think you will like the new one better.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 06:10:48 am »
Our user count is falling due to loss of interest.
gee, why do you think that is? of course its not because the mods don't know what the !@#$% their doing now isnt it! I woul'dnt go to a site where my gosh darned posts were deleted either! but i've been here since the beginning.... can't leave
(unless this post gets me banzord that is lol)
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 06:22:16 am »
Our user count is falling due to loss of interest.
gee, why do you think that is? of course its not because the mods don't know what the !@#$% their doing now isnt it! I woul'dnt go to a site where my gosh darned posts were deleted either! but i've been here since the beginning.... can't leave
(unless this post gets me banzord that is lol)

The goal behind the changes Kirby just listed is to work towards how ZFGC is run itself internally. I encourage you to share the problems you have with ZFGC, but do it in a kind way, do it in a way that is worth our time to look at.

With the rules changed, and cleaned up, and a bit smaller, users will have a chance to read them and better understand them, as well as mods. Mods will also be following their own set of guidelines, if they do not wish to follow that guideline set, they will no longer be a mod.

We also want to figure out a way to get users interested in game development again, and see and encourage the creation of games, and worth while content.

Please do direct your suggestions to the feedback area, and not this post though.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 06:35:07 am »
  • A little Alive
Okeej, so lets all work on this and everything will be allright :)

Jed

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 09:20:35 am »
Loss of members could be caused by the lack of anyform of a main site.
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 09:25:25 am »

ZFGC has had success for several years without a main site, though one will be implemented sometime soon.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:49:45 am by Mamoruアニメ »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 10:22:33 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!

ZFGC has had success for several years without a main site, though one will be implemented sometime soon.
Only half-true, Vash.. ZFGC was attached to oot2d.com.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 02:14:06 pm »
I agree with them... and wish everyone connected good luck with with it :)

Maybe, but, if a new member comes, enters ZFGC the most possible idea he gets is that: it's just another forum... Maybe I would get the same idea if I haven't been here for years, maybe that site will really change a lot :) (To better, hopefully)
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 03:24:53 pm »
  • A little Alive
I dont think we should worry any more :) andrew and his crew got everything onder control :)
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 04:20:41 pm »
I'm glad to here some changes are being made, we need to start advertising more, so, if you go another forum, why not just put a simple link back to ZFGC in your signature?  We could really get this place back to EZBoard if we try, because, we've got a fairly warm community, so, :D

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 04:51:50 pm »
  • A little Alive
I'm glad to here some changes are being made, we need to start advertising more, so, if you go another forum, why not just put a simple link back to ZFGC in your signature?  We could really get this place back to EZBoard if we try, because, we've got a fairly warm community, so, :D

well we should put it all everywher:P
but right now I am starting to advertise alirazaq site, cause well I am co-admin,
so I can do alot :D I love being a mod or co-admin. an admin is to much work,
if you look at the site I made all of that on it,
any way, I would love to help zfgc, but I am already helping my friends site :(
maybe when that one is a bit populiar :)
and zfgc has to want me to help them :P

any way back to topic
ther is just one think
ZFGC WILL NEVER DIE :D
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 05:47:46 pm »

Only half-true, Vash.. ZFGC was attached to oot2d.com.
And the success was really basiclly OoT2D. I mean, did you see how much posts were in that board? It could probably beat out SPAM!
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 05:55:12 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Meh, I dont see the need for changes but whatever, you guys can do whatever you want to make this place better! I'll still keep coming here no matter what, even if its the crappiest theme ever and there are 2 members xD
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 05:59:49 pm »
Meh, I dont see the need for changes but whatever, you guys can do whatever you want to make this place better! I'll still keep coming here no matter what, even if its the crappiest theme ever and there are 2 members xD

In that sense, there is no reasons for the changes, yes, its mainly some rewording, and cutting down on what was like 2 pages of rules, to now what is a half of a page of rules (that says extensively the same thing). We wanted to make it easier, not harder for people to understand the rules. Also with rewording them we can setup a different structure for the moderation team. The main focus behind presenting new rules is to better ourselves, not make any pointless changes, though it might seem like that to you now. :p

We're working on it though.

As for advertisements, I'm not sure about that, I find them annoying on this forum, I can just imagine how another admin finds them on his or hers.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 06:08:01 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov

In that sense, there is no reasons for the changes, yes, its mainly some rewording, and cutting down on what was like 2 pages of rules, to now what is a half of a page of rules (that says extensively the same thing). We wanted to make it easier, not harder for people to understand the rules. Also with rewording them we can setup a different structure for the moderation team. The main focus behind presenting new rules is to better ourselves, not make any pointless changes, though it might seem like that to you now. :p

We're working on it though.

As for advertisements, I'm not sure about that, I find them annoying on this forum, I can just imagine how another admin finds them on his or hers.
Meh, it doesn't matter. It's just good to hear the site team is actually trying to do something (no offence) and you guys are working together! So that's all that really matters, to me it's not what happens, it's how it happens ;D It shows theres a stronger community.

Raen

Are you retarded or something?
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 10:18:19 pm »
  • I'm the gosh-darn Batman!
I think getting a main site, with a large emphasis on fan games, would really help this place out. I would really love it. And maybe mixing up the mod team a bit, and getting things a bit more structured and organized.

www.myspace.com/applesofidunn

And yes, this is Acid Rain.
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 11:33:19 pm »
Is any previews to the Kokiri, Goron, Zora, and Shiekah themes Kirby? All the previews we have now in the layouts page are... not done. :P
I wanna see my new "Dark Blue" theme. ;D
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 11:33:54 pm »
I think getting a main site, with a large emphasis on fan games, would really help this place out. I would really love it. And maybe mixing up the mod team a bit, and getting things a bit more structured and organized.
.Yes then  more people would come for the games.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 73 queries.