Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow down here!  (Read 4075 times)

A Storm in the Desert

Eternal Triangle
Slow down here!
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:01:45 pm »
  • Wear the Deku Sprout Smile :]
I don't know about you, but I thought Anouma said that TP happened only decades after OOT. Unless I've missed something here.
Surely you can do it!
Believe in your strengths...Believe...

-Happy Mask Salesman
Re: Slow down here!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:05:02 pm »
I think - didn't read it - the same, however, weeks later, I saw on some (very few) sites saying that after a translation mistake, TP happens after OoT and WW - so, got no clue on what's true or what's false...
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 03:10:22 pm »
  • *whistle*
The events of TP cannot be after the events of WW; Kakariko village exists (in WW, it was destroyed by the waves), Zoras are plentiful (they were extinct in WW), cuccos are still around (again, extinct in WW) and enemies generally tend to be more like they were in OoT than WW.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 03:11:40 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
so far, a confirmed timeline goes as follows(not taking into consideration a split timeline which i do not believe in)

OoT, MM, TP, WW, PH, LttP, LA, LoZ, LoZ 2, OoA/OoS

i don't have any proof as to where minish cap, four swords, and four swords adventure go.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 03:27:48 pm »
i don't have any proof as to where minish cap, four swords, and four swords adventure go.
I prefer to consider the Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures as a separated part from the regular Zelda series, having their own timeline, separated from the one you mentioned. At least, it's my opinion.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 03:34:09 pm »
I prefer to consider the Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures as a separated part from the regular Zelda series, having their own timeline, separated from the one you mentioned. At least, it's my opinion.

now that i would agree with, except for that ganon is in four swords adventure, and i dont think any game with ganon should be seperated from the main timeline.  and minish cap, fswords, and fswords adventure are so closely related, so i think they are in the main timeline.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 03:35:43 pm »
  • *whistle*

now that i would agree with, except for that ganon is in four swords adventure, and i dont think any game with ganon should be seperated from the main timeline.  and minish cap, fswords, and fswords adventure are so closely related, so i think they are in the main timeline.

Four Swords Adventures is generally considered to be before LttP, since that's where Ganon gets his trident that he uses in LttP. However, the Gerudo are around... so surely that would make it before WW, but he doesn't use the trident in WW, so....

So there's no real timeline for all the games. :P

Some of the games fit into a timeline in some regards, and others don't. Live with it.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 03:38:50 pm »
i don't think the develepors are all that worried about making the games fit together. they just want good games to be made.

that doesn't stop me from trying to figure out the timeline.

kazeno z

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 03:39:42 pm »
so far, a confirmed timeline goes as follows(not taking into consideration a split timeline which i do not believe in)

Well, I believe there is a split timeline, without it most of the games won't even fit.
Also another option I found out is that MC, FS, FSA, OoA and OoS are actually about king Gustaf, Zelda's father.

So that puts alot of existing opionions off.

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 03:47:21 pm »
I'm sorry but I am not really getting the point of this topic?  :'(
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 03:52:02 pm »
I'm sorry but I am not really getting the point of this topic?  :'(

this topic has no point, it is an idea, floating in the breeze...

it started out asking about where TP goes in the timeline, now it's kind of like a timeline debate. so, mitsuu out.
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 08:32:35 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
Does it really matter how many years the games are from each other, as long as we have an idea of which goes first, which goes last, and what's inbetween?
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 11:31:34 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.

thats the most plausible idea, if the developers were just loosely creating the games. If its REALLY in depth than the split timeline would make more sense, but i do like the one you made best of all.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 11:37:17 pm »
that's just a timeline going by

"wind waker is after oot but before lttp"

"tp is after oot but before ww"

and stuff in the manuals like

la-after defeating ganon in lttp, link decides to go on an adventure

and then there are the obvious direct sequals like mm and loz2.
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 12:53:29 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Some of the games fit into a timeline in some regards, and others don't. Live with it.

yea, but we're zelda fans on a fan-gaming forum.  We're persistent little bitches =)

MC, FS, FSA, OoA and OoS

not true, MC only told of Gustaf stopping the war and in FS, FSA, OOA and OOS, Link had a hat, which Gustaf did not.  Plus Gustaf didn't have the triforce of courage, which link in the oracle games does.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Ichigo

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 04:42:29 am »
i totally agree with mitsuu, and not just because he's my brother.  i genuinely agree and wish i had been able to post that(slaps mitsuu for hogging computer) ;D
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 06:48:21 am »
  • Shunner of Light

yea, but we're zelda fans on a fan-gaming forum.  We're persistent little bishes =)

MC, FS, FSA, OoA and OoS

not true, MC only told of Gustaf stopping the war and in FS, FSA, OOA and OOS, Link had a hat, which Gustaf did not.  Plus Gustaf didn't have the triforce of courage, which link in the oracle games does.

No, Link does not have ANY Triforce in the Oracle games.  Didn't anyone watch the beggining, to know that he only had the "crest of the goddesses" and that he was only SENT by the Triforce?
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 03:04:46 pm »
what do you think the crest of the goddesess is anyway?

kazeno z

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 04:25:02 pm »
I didn't think about the Triforce mark >.<.

Though like Lawl said, it might've been a mere accident while being transported by the Triforces?
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 05:06:20 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
Go on the GameFAQs board for Twilight Princess and they have a sticky that talks about the timeline, lots of good theories there. This is the one I believe.

MC > FS > OOT (Child OOT's story only) > MM

MC > FS > OOT (All of OOT exept the  stuff that happens after Zelda sends Link back in time in the ending) > TP > WW > PH > FSA > ALTTP > LA > LOZ > AOL > OOA + OOS

The timelines supposedly split due to the Sacred Realm being outside of time and Zelda sending Link back in time. Due to Ganon's dissapearence into the Sacred Realm, he dissapears from the second timeline, where Link gets sent back in time and no longer has the Ocarina. Link then desides to look for Navi, who had left at the end of OOT, and tells Zelda he's leaving to look for her. As a gift, Zelda gives Link the Ocarina of Time.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 74 queries.

anything