Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO] LoZ: Guardians of Hyrule  (Read 6602 times)

[DEMO] LoZ: Guardians of Hyrule
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:51:08 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
WINNER OF NCFC'S 2008 BEST OF SHOW AWARD FOR THE ZELDA SECTION - http://ncfc.taloncrossing.com/

Guardians of Hyrule is an Action-Adventure RPG reimagining of Zelda, where you play as Link, and are helped by two AI characters. In this demo, you have Zelda, an archer/healer, and Tingle, who lobs explosives at foes.

VVV DOWNLOAD DEMO HERE VVV

http://www.64digits.com/games/index.php?cmd=view_game&id=5091&download=1

We plan to have the game released in an episodic format, which means that we dont have to finish the entire game to release it. These individual episodes will advance the story and gameplay, and each be a few hours in length.

This game is a production of me, Pyru, and our spriter, Trevor.
By our powers combined, we are Fangasm Games!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 11:07:53 pm by Aliento »

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
Re: [DEMO] LoZ: Guardians of Hyrule
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:04:08 pm »
Well, I just wanted to drop by and say that this was truly a delight to play. There are so many little things that make this game stand out. Like the things in the water, bomb effects, the use of scaling and transformations. The AI programming was great, and the concept was fun to play.
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 10:32:36 pm »
Games rather enjoyable, although when fighting it becomes somewhat of a cluster !@#$% tight butthole :/
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 11:11:49 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Why does the dog hump Link?
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 11:35:20 pm »
That was totally Pyru's idea. At least it's humping heals you for 50 HP. He comes after you any time you hit the Ctrl key. It's just an easter egg. XD

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 11:55:19 pm »
  • Royal Assassin
Your game looks and sounds very good, but please, can you tell me where to get those sprites? Please or PM me. Thank you.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 01:07:01 am »
I got most of them on The Spriter's Resource. http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/zelda/mc/
Many of them were made by our awesome spriter though, like Tingle and his animations. You'd have to talk to him if you wanted to use those.

I myself, although not being a spriter, made a lot of the sprites, too.

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 01:15:56 am »
  • Royal Assassin
I got most of them on The Spriter's Resource. http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/zelda/mc/
Many of them were made by our awesome spriter though, like Tingle and his animations. You'd have to talk to him if you wanted to use those.

I myself, although not being a spriter, made a lot of the sprites, too.

Thanks
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 04:56:36 pm »
  • *whistle*
Games rather enjoyable, although when fighting it becomes somewhat of a cluster !@#$% tight butthole :/

Yeah, that's kind of the nature of the demo - enemies spawn randomly out of sight. In future demos and full releases, pretty much all enemies will be scripted in one way or another, so you can expect things like their positioning, numbers, etc., to be a lot more manageable and interesting.

Yeah, total easter egg. I keep on forgetting that it's still in there. Probably something that won't be there (in that form) in the next release.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 05:11:39 pm by Pyru »
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 05:03:21 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Yeah, total easter egg. I keep on forgetting that it's still in there. Probably something that'll be won't be there (in that form) in the next release.

Rofl. The first couples times I used it Link was in a position that when the dog came, it's head was by his crotch, so I was all... |:
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 05:50:31 pm »
Reallygood game :D! I though that this game was made in another forum and not ZFGC what a good surprise.

This deserves to be sticky'd :p
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 08:25:33 pm »
Yeah, total easter egg. I keep on forgetting that it's still in there. Probably something that'll be won't be there (in that form) in the next release.

Rofl. The first couples times I used it Link was in a position that when the dog came, it's head was by his crotch, so I was all... |:

It was Pyru's idea, too. It's all I can do to convince him a "Hot Coffee Mod" wouldn't be right for the game.

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 07:18:46 pm »
  • *whistle*
Hey, quick update, ladies and gents:

Aliento's been working hard, getting Malon's AI code up and running (from what I hear, she's probably one of the hardest AIs to implement) as well as what he's calling the "time dilation engine" - basically, like, an advanced slow-motion/pausing engine. Getting different objects to change their speed and stuff. It's going into attacks meant to slow down the target, that sorta thing.

In other news, I'm starting work on the three "Seedy Eye" games that will be playable in the episodes. I won't spoil much, but they should be good for a few laughs.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 08:55:09 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
this was one of my favs from NCFC :) One concern. Doesn't Forest of Trees sound a tad redundant?
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 09:02:07 pm »
One concern. Doesn't Forest of Trees sound a tad redundant?
Well, I would have named it "Sea of Trees", but Four Swords used that name :/

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 09:06:37 pm »
  • Royal Assassin
Hey, why do you guys use coding and Drag & Drop options? Sorry, I'm just wondering  because games that use coding have many more bugs.
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 09:31:57 pm »
  • *whistle*
this was one of my favs from NCFC :) One concern. Doesn't Forest of Trees sound a tad redundant?

Oh, it's meant to. The current demo area won't appear in any of the episodes, but it's meant to showcase various elements that'll pop up from time to time - sort of like a "best of"; so the generic name is meant to emphasise that.
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 09:36:33 pm »
Hey, why do you guys use coding and Drag & Drop options? Sorry, I'm just wondering  because games that use coding have many more bugs.

Coding allows for waaaaaaay many more possibilities in game design. Drag and Drop is for simple games.
The reason Coded games have more bugs is because they are generally more complex and intricate.
The more complex ANYTHING is, the more likely it is to fall apart or not work.

Also, this question doesn't really belong here, so you know. if you want to know something, ask me in PM or make a topic about it in templates & tutorials.

Oh, it's meant to. The current demo area won't appear in any of the episodes, but it's meant to showcase various elements that'll pop up from time to time - sort of like a "best of"; so the generic name is meant to emphasise that.

Lawl Pyru, you tottaly just pulled that out of your ass XD

Vaati

Royal Assassin
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 10:25:49 pm »
  • Royal Assassin

Coding allows for waaaaaaay many more possibilities in game design. Drag and Drop is for simple games.
The reason Coded games have more bugs is because they are generally more complex and intricate.
The more complex ANYTHING is, the more likely it is to fall apart or not work.

Thank you, still it doesn't matter, you guys pulled some great work over that fan-game.

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 08:48:44 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
Speechless, I guess...  I can't say how well made it is....  So.. yeah..  Speechless..

Will there be some sort of Multiplayer elements incorporated into this game?

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 74 queries.