Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Completed] The Guardian Chapter 1  (Read 3266 times)

[Completed] The Guardian Chapter 1
« on: March 28, 2009, 05:45:18 pm »
 Well I worked on this game for a long time and I just released it today. Since the game is greatly inspired by Zelda I thought I would post a link here. It took me around 6 months to make and I did all the art and programming myself.

You have 1 dungeon with two bosses. The game has its own original story but I hope it has that Zelda feel to it. Its basically part 1 of an ongoing series. Due to it being created in flash it had to be made this way because flash cant handle to much at once.

Features-
Day/Night System
2 bosses
1 Dungeon with enemies and all kinds of puzzles
Lots of items
Explorable World

Here is a link to the games location.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/488828

and here is a link to the sponsors site (Spanish version)

http://www.minijuegos.com/juegos/jugar.php?id=7846

Please leave some constructive criticism. I would also like any ideas you would have for a sequel including items, weapons, level design and story.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:56:10 am by 4Sword »

• The Untold Legacy

gm112

Re: The Guardian Chapter 1
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 05:51:33 pm »
The graphics are rather cute for a Zelda game ;P. Good job with doing a lot of this work solo! You've pretty much just made over half of the forum look bad hahahahahah... good work :)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:12:02 pm »
Thats the thing though. Its not a Zelda Game. Its just inspired by the zelda series. But I already have a sequel in mind and it should be released in about 3 months or so.

• The Untold Legacy

gm112

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 06:15:21 pm »
Thats the thing though. Its not a Zelda Game. Its just inspired by the zelda series. B
Ah >_<... I didn't quite catch the "inspired by" part. I just glanced through and Zelda caught my eyes, haha..... I apologize for my misconception :X.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 08:53:54 pm »
Yea its ok, lol... i through the zelda in there because I new it would attract people. I may get some harsh criticism, but I know that it will do well and it will help me improve on the game.

• The Untold Legacy
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 02:29:30 am »
Haha that's pretty awesome! Well done!
Did you make the music? I have the flute and sustained string soundfonts but I need that clarinet :D.
Despite it not actually being a zelda game, I still called my guy Link :P. I think the days go a bit fast, and I also noticed I could walk over the top of the guy that prevents you from going into the forest.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 02:33:54 am »
Yea I had a seperate programmer for the walls and he didnt code in the guys collision. I had a guy do all the sounds for the game. Well the music, and he did a fantastic job.

• The Untold Legacy
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 01:36:12 pm »
Does anyone have any reviews for the game? That would be greatly appreciated.

• The Untold Legacy
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 12:56:31 am »
It's flippen beast  ;)
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 10:22:48 pm »
I dont understand?

• The Untold Legacy
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 06:00:02 am »
Nice game, good music and clear controls.

The only thing I can comment on is the collisions. Walking around a tree outside shows it could still be improved. And the actions you can perform don't seem to be dependent on your facing. The bed inside for instance can be entered while standing a bit below it looking in the opposite direction. Other than that there's the difference in size inside/outside a house and you could maybe accentuate the presence of doors in houses more (=room between blacksmiths left and right room). But that may be nitpicking.

I couldn't really find anything else that needs improvement. I really like the transitions between area's and the ability to return home (to skip time), although it also takes time to go get back to where I was. Kinda defeating the purpose. The ability to rest outside might be more friendly, but that's just a suggestion. Having to sleep on the rug shows you really put effort into it.

Got stuck in a walls below some trees south of the guy in the forest. Too bad. That's as far as I'll play.
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 08:19:56 pm »
Thanks for the review. I was hoping I would get some feedback. Well yes there seems to be issues with the collision, but this is something we thought we had fixed, and it appears to happen on what I assume is a older pc. Because after we fixed the code I couldnt get myself stuck if I tried. It has been fixed for the sequel though. Doesnt hurt to leave room for improvement. But there is a sequel on the way so keep an eye and ear out for that.

• The Untold Legacy
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 11:14:22 pm »
What walking mechanic can be influenced/distorted by machine performance? Seriously, I'd be very interested in knowing what kind of logic could be behind something like that.

I used a 3 month old laptop btw so I'm afraid your assumption is incorrect. It's probably just an area you missed or something. It was found randomly in a hard to reach location so don't worry. The game's good.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 07:00:34 pm »
Well the thing is I cant get stuck and I have tried, and some people say that its jumpy on there computers. But its not like that for me. Im not sure why it would do that, but several people have encountered it where as others seem to think that the collision is spot on. But it seems that it has been fixed and shouldnt be a issue in the sequel.

• The Untold Legacy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 63 queries.