Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link's Awakening Overworld, Main Dungeon Maps, in LTTP style  (Read 32040 times)

Re: Link's Awakening, in LTTP style
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2012, 02:00:36 pm »
Did you ever fully release all the GUI elements though? I've seen a few from screenshots and mockups.

If you had those, someone could make a full on game with all these resources!

I'm not finished with all the items for the menu and HUD. I made some things for it though. I think the last I played around with it I was making sure of the positioning, as all the sprites seemed to be 8 X 16. Which is an awkward size. Not to mention there is at least one game already using these resources.

Wow, it looks beautiful! Still need to fix the deal with the blue/red switches and pylons, though, but otherwise great-looking!

Not sure what you are referring to pylon wise.

I've made GMare projects of all the maps completed, I will be putting them up here in a .zip file. A lot of the items are objects with GM so the projects will hold a layer that marks where the dungeon objects should go. Then I believe I will finalize the maps the way I said I would.
  • Pyxosoft

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2012, 03:00:54 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Pylons being the blocks raised or lowered when you hit a color-changing crystal switch.

And yeah, you still have the enemies, the NPCs, and the items to work on for this to be "completed", right?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2012, 04:52:12 am »
Pylons being the blocks raised or lowered when you hit a color-changing crystal switch.

I have the blue ones as raised and the red ones as lowered. This can be seen detailed on say, the Eagle's Tower map. Not sure what you are pointing at, is there something missing? If you are requesting the animated state for both types, that was not the scope of the map. As there's a lot of things that need animations. (Chests, lamps, wall lanterns,etc.. etc..) Detail was not given to object type tiles. Maybe something that will be added in the future.

And yeah, you still have the enemies, the NPCs, and the items to work on for this to be "completed", right?

I should have been more clear, the overworld and the main dungeon maps are the scope of this project. Anything else is extra.

• Pyxosoft

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Link's Awakening Overworld, Main Dungeon Map...
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2012, 07:43:56 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I meant only the keyframes for the pylons, when the blues are up (reds down) AND when the blues are down (reds up). I'm sure that that would be a minor graphical change, but maybe it could be made a whole lot easier if you had a "base" state, as in both sets are down, but colored so that one could simply paste a "up" set on one color when they want to use this for anything.

And I was only asking the second question for clarification. I thought it was only the overworld, but then I saw a Link sheet, so I wasn't sure. No harm in asking, right?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2012, 06:05:32 pm »
Hey now Miles, if Xfixium did everything for us it wouldn't help other people learn anything about his style. Besides, it's fun making things!
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2012, 07:08:36 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I don't steer the project - Xfixium does. So he can determine how he wants to do this. I was just asking if he had planned to do things that way.
And while it is fun to make things (TRUTH), not everyone has the capabilities and/or knowledge to actually make what they want. Unfortunate, but true.
And I wasn't aware that the "lesson" of the project was to learn from X's style.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2012, 07:17:08 pm »
It's kinda how I see it though. I'm still making things with his style and to do that I look at his stuff as a guide.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 49 queries.

anything