Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metroid Other M or Ninja Gaiden RPG Wii starring Samus (Major Other M spoilers)  (Read 1233 times)

Metroid Other M or Ninja Gaiden RPG Wii starring...
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:17:08 am »
It didn't really feel like a metroid game, Sure it had Samus, it had her weapons, but it doesn't feel like i was playing a metroid game a lot of the time.

I didn't have to get abilities, they had to be "authorized"

The whole concentration crap, feels like they put in Concentration to give the game a false sense of being hard, instead of picking up missiles and health by destroying things like certain enemy attacks and enemies you had to apparently use samus power of imagination to get her health and missiles back.

All the Matrix dodging of attacks and the One Hit Kill attacks, seems like it would fit more into Ninja Gaiden then Metroid.

Not sure if one of the earlier cutscenes was supposed to be funny but i found it hilarious. The one near the start where Samus remembers her and all the marines on the battlefield, everyone has the same black suits on, and here comes Samus in her bright multicolored power suit, it was just so out of place.

Maybe the scenes near the end would of been more emotional and moving if i didn't already hate Adam for the whole "authorization" crap. I hated the authorize crap, it made me hate adam, so his little scene had no emotion at all to me, it was more so a "whatever get on with the story' scene.

Maybe it would of been fine as a nameless Action game, but it didn't really feel like a metroid game a lot of the time.

Re: Metroid Other M or Ninja Gaiden RPG Wii star...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:55:13 pm »
That is unfortunate. I had only seen screens of this game and thought it'd be great. I'm really looking forward to a new Metroid in 3D but at a fixed sidescrolling perspective like the originals. I had no idea Other M strayed from the original gameplay so much.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 01:37:03 am »
You can always pick the game up, its only like 10 bucks at gamestop

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 01:53:08 am »
Well if it's not very good I doubt I will! :P
I've got my hands full with Dark Souls, New Vegas (played the first three countless times but just got around to NV recently), and Morrowind (currently on hold for Dark Souls)
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 02:27:50 am »
Well if it's not very good I doubt I will! :P
I've got my hands full with Dark Souls, New Vegas (played the first three countless times but just got around to NV recently), and Morrowind (currently on hold for Dark Souls)

Well it's my opinion that it's not very good. You may like it though

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I thought Other M was horrible...The third to first person view switching was poorly done, the pixel finding these were tedious (How long did it take you all to find the green slime on the green grass? Jesus...), and the means of getting "upgrades" was stupid.

Samus, you might want to turn on your heat resistance!

...Might want to? MIGHT?! You're in a section of the ship called the PYROSPHERE.  And Adam thinks Samus MIGHT want to turn on the heat resistance in the Varia Suit after dragging herself half way through this part of the ship while going through whats probably unbearable amounts of pain from the extreme temperatures.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:37:11 pm »
I just finished this game. And even though it is flawed and has some stupid stuff in it. I really enjoyed playing this game. Then again I haven't played any Metroid game before.

Unlike some other big titles I found myself drawn back to it in order to finish the game. I think this was a decent game. I payed only €12,- for it and not the full price, but I did not regret buying it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:40:12 pm by Niek »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 04:37:16 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I watched all of theater mode on Youtube. I can't believe how badly they wrecked some of the established characters. I like how Fusion called Adam's Military mind "flawless" yet he inadvertently got his brother, his entire crew, and himself killed. It totally feels like team ninja just wanted to make a puzzle piece to fit between Super Metroid and Fusion. "Hey, Ridley was Frozen in Fusion, but he died in Super... Umm.. let's make a new one that grows from a hatchling that looks like a furby, have a boss battle you can't win, then have him get frozen." "But what should he get frozen by?" "I dunno, fuckin' the last boss from Metroid 2. Who gives a !@#$%, look just !@#$% make it happen, god damn!"

...Might want to? MIGHT?! You're in a section of the ship called the PYROSPHERE.  And Adam thinks Samus MIGHT want to turn on the heat resistance in the Varia Suit after dragging herself half way through this part of the ship while going through whats probably unbearable amounts of pain from the extreme temperatures.

Well, the only way to open this door is missiles. Samus, missiles are authorized! ...I'd be like !@#$% YOU, Adam, then power-bomb the whole ship. I can't believe Yoshio Sakamoto calls the Prime series non-canonical, then circle jerks all over this like it's the best thing since Super Metroid itself. The writing is awful. Like I haven't seen gameplay. The game may play smooth as butter (probably not, based on bits I saw in theater mode) but it's essentially held up by the story, which is horrible.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:42:14 am by DJvenom »
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 07:12:30 am »
I don't know what the story is like in the other games, but I liked the story. It is one of the aspects that made me come back.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 11:54:49 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Every other metroid game has had the same basic set up. Samus hears a distress call, so she goes to the planet it's coming from to reap rewards (see: bounty hunter) 9 of 10 times, her reward is saving the planet, giving up all her upgrades, and kicking rocks with nary but a "Thank You!"

Other M just feels like a fan game. It tries way too hard to be like "HEY REMEMBER THIS FROM THAT OTHER METROID GAME!" A prime (get it) example is shoehorning side scrolling sections, bosses from other metroid games (apart from Ridley, who is basically Samus' bowser and therefore in every game), and flashing back to parts of Super Metroid that have 0 bearing on Other M as a whole. She keeps pining over the metroid who saved her in Super Metroid like she's on a mission to find it to the point it's annoying.

Sorry, I could go on and on. Super Metroid is one of my favorite games. I 100%'d weeks before seeing the theater mode exhibition, and it was just painful to see all these callbacks to scenes that were ret-conned, and in turn totally ruined.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 55 queries.