Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: [Untitled]  (Read 2970 times)

The Legend of Zelda: [Untitled]
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:06:53 am »
The Legend of Zelda: [Untitled]
//////PROGRESS/////////////
World Building- 7.33%
     Overworld - 20%
     Dungeons - 2%
     Other (caves, etc.) - 0%
Character Building - 3%
Storyboard - 35%
Code - 10%
Texture/Sprite Building - 15%
Finalization - 0%
////////////////////////////////
Expected Completion: _____
Current Build: 0.2.1031
Information:

In August 2012, I completed designing a 3d engine that I was planning on using to make a small scale RPG. The plans were scraped, but the engine itself was relatively complete. Instead of scraping it, I decided to go ahead and modify the engine to start designing a Legend of Zelda game.

There is very little I would like to say about the project, other than I have completed a functional demo that displays the graphical world that I am working with. After I clean it up, I will consider posting a download.

100% of the code is original, however I borrow textures/sprite images from both 2d and 3d Legend of Zelda games along with a few 3rd party texture packs.

I will keep this page updated as frequently as possible as progress is made.

Click here to view on the site.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:12:03 pm by Trigbits »
Re: The Legend of Zelda: [Untitled]
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 01:14:02 am »
  • It's the grineer
I truly can't say if it's cool or not, since I have no info about the plot itself  :P. Now, dude, you should show some screens, and tell the plot you have so far. Having donde that stuff it's actually pretty good, so I'll tell you to keep going.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:58:43 pm »
I truly can't say if it's cool or not, since I have no info about the plot itself  :P. Now, dude, you should show some screens, and tell the plot you have so far. Having donde that stuff it's actually pretty good, so I'll tell you to keep going.

More information should be up by Sunday (3/3/2013), that includes screenshots and plot characteristics. I will also be holding a website dedicated specifically to the game itself (apart from this page). I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:20 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I looked at the screens and it's extremely low poly and the textures are low res as well. If possible, you could keep the poly count but make the textures a higher res and/or use more colors to make the textures more interesting, which would really make things look pretty good if done right. Actually, a bit of shallow shading on the textures would do it wonders as well (you could "fake bake" it if needed). I understand that those screens probably don't represent the finished product though, so maybe you plan on fixing up the graphics a bit later?

Criticisms aside, I would like to say that you've done some nice work thus far and that I'm looking forward to seeing more info and development in the future. (Oh and welcome to ZFGC! :))
  • My Music
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 42 queries.