Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Sine Nomine  (Read 9968 times)

The Legend of Zelda: Sine Nomine
« on: May 07, 2013, 04:53:54 am »
Hi guys and gals, I'm Jon, and this is my attempt so far at creating a Zelda game!  It was modeled in Blender and textured in GIMP I did it all myself except links hair, but I ripped it myself and edited in to fit my model and I still made the texture.  I have; thus far, created a walking animation a standing animation and implemented the most basic of physics and camera controls, so you can walk around, across a bridge, and up a hill, and likely fall of the world.

a download of the exe is in the link below from rapid share. When downloaded unzip and open the file "Link_2.exe"
at this point it should run on any windows machine, if I give the blend to people with mac and linux they can also export the blend to the exe equivalents   for their OS.

Controls are standard wasd for movement and the mouse is camera angle. I should add more game mechanics within 3 weeks.

(x64)
http://rapidshare.com/files/3180717060/Game%20run.zip

(x32)
http://rapidshare.com/files/326903902/Link_2_X%2032%20-%20Copy.zip

please test it, tell me what you think, I really would like a few basic questions answered.

1. does it run without blender being installed ( yes/ no)  if not, would some be so kind as to download and test for me and answer the following.

2. Run smoothly good frame rate low glitchyness in camera  (yes/ no)

3. are all textures present, (only Link is textured fully everything else should be gray)

4. ease of use of the 3d person pivotal camera (1-10) rating scale I plan to add in limits when I figure that out...

5. any other comments

Finally is my plea for any of you great members to help my on my journey, as you know, it's dangerous to go alone! I mainly need people who are better at the python language than I am.  Some good artists and story boad--ers would be nice to.

Yes I do have a story under wraps it has a point "a" and "b" and a point "c" that lies tangent to f(x). but in deed to find some area first because there are a few unknown variables. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Jonathan
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:48:16 am by jonj2040 »

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Sine Nomine
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 01:03:20 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Nice man. Also are you looking for TP models too, I may find some if you need.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:13:55 pm »
Thanks, but I'm not sure I'm trying to make most of the models new, I tend to get some wacky mesh properties when I import the .3ds files. On second thought If you have scenery models and the NPCs and such that'd be great!  XD

Can you get them in OBJ files?

Do you use blender yourself?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 04:32:23 am »
So here is... *drum role please* none other than....   

The standard Deku baba!  whipped him...her.... uh whatever.... up in about 2 hours, ready to animate then ad some AI logic and test in the engine by linking it to the demo file you can currently access in the first post.  Yeah it's just a walking demo, but that will soon change!

enjoy!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 12:19:04 pm »
  • The devil in the mirror.
That looks really nice =)
You programming this game in Blender? That sounds like... a pain xD

Good luck ;)
Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 03:48:58 pm »
These models are very impressive. There have been alot of 3D projects sprouting up, which is refreshing to see because these are all very cool.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 04:54:02 pm »
Programmings not too bad, they've improved it tremendously in the 2.5 and 2.6X series.  I'm still getting a hang on the python, but it's fun!  I love throwing projects at myself which is wat I did with my musical ability for my senior project this year, if you're interested in my work outside game DEV but still Zelda here is a by ear transcription I did for a hichschool orchesra I put together.  Basically I listened to the Symphony of the Goddess and wrote it out as I heard it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28sfjAukhAY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28sfjAukhAY</a>

anyway back to the game!...
Not sure if the art direction is too gruesome for the standard Zelda ideology but I'm not Victor so I appreciate my creation.  But tell me your thoughts!  I always like to learn whats good or not so; so comments are appreciated.

.... oh I forgot where I was going with that music clip... ah yes I want to write music for my game... or at least arrange it, and this is not easy many kudos to all those pros out there, but alas I will give it a shot... and anyway this is obviously  a gargantuan project for the ten fingers and single brain that I have... So anyone that wants to help, PM me with you specialties or just whatever you'd like to do and it'd be much appreciated! ... Yes you will get your name on a virtual silver plaque in a button accessible screen at the bottom of the file screen.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:02:35 pm by jonj2040 »
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 07:38:38 pm »
The screens looks great, the link model kicks ass... although, can't run the game... I have blender installed, but I have a version error when trying to run the Link_2.exe
  • Deviantart Page
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:50:45 am »
The screens looks great, the link model kicks ass... although, can't run the game... I have blender installed, but I have a version error when trying to run the Link_2.exe

Thanks! I try!

Hmm.... it shouldn't need blender installed because the zip includes the blender player..
 What OS are you on?
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 05:15:04 am »

Thanks! I try!

Hmm.... it shouldn't need blender installed because the zip includes the blender player..
 What OS are you on?

I am running on Win7 32bits, I guess you did this on the 64bits version, am I right?
  • Deviantart Page
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 05:35:22 am »
You are correct I did'n expect a problem from difference in bit rate... Let me try running blander 32 bit in compatibility mode then Ill export that .exe see if that works.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 03:03:02 am »
I tested it now.. Link's animation looks good, collisions are OK, but the movement needs work, is hard to get used to the movement and you easily fall from the map and never come back...
other than that it looks like a great start!
  • Deviantart Page
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 06:31:22 am »
Thanks for the feedback!
Yeah you tend to fall off a lot, it was just the simplest of tests to see if it would work... at all, haha

What aspect of the movement is troubling? the camera control, the was translation for Link as in "WASD" or what exactly?

I'll work on a real test zone now implementing AI and more comprehensive character controls beyond walking etc...

But I need models to do that, and in the mean time, the newest creation... is....!

None other than...

The Master Sword

He she lies... or floats in the perpetual grayness of blender... in the attachment, please constructional criticize, or comment in amazement, either work for me haha
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 05:20:03 am »
Well I have not updated in a while due to getting my college admissions in order but I'm back to business... well actually somethings been bugging me for a while now, and that was the awkward mesh deform on link when his arms moved, I kinda went to just fix that, but... well.. got carried away and also re textured it what do you all think is it better worse?

Yes I did actually fix the mesh deform I'm actually quite proud of myself in that area, I think it looks great.

anyway, your opinions on the texturing, it's not 100% complete but coming along quickly.

It should also bee known that the picture sizes are actually lower in the new textures, the tunic was originally 1024^2, but is now 256^2 the hair went form 512^2 to 128^2.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 05:22:05 am by jonj2040 »
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 08:47:30 pm »
  • Personal Saucier
Very awesome stuff!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 10:43:30 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
The mesh looks fantastic! I don't know if the eyeball color is temporary but it's a little too white. Eyeballs require shading too ;)
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 12:18:20 am »
Cool! Thanks for the compliments!  Yeah the eyes need some work, actually a have not gotten a chance to touch up on the face, but I know eyes are dangerous territory for me with the reflective shading and such, its just a pain, worse than water because of the arc of the eye, I may consider a multi layered one for the reflective ability and the other just the iris and pupil... hate to add more polys though, anyway more updates ahead. 

Actually I tried to get PM and get permission from Kami; over in the King of thieves thread, to make a model after his sand glider concept... I actually went ahead and modeled it on the go when I was at orientation for college, but I'm a little reluctant to show it without their approval, anyone know the specific rule sets regulations on that? could you please PM or if you know Kami better to them to respond.

much appreciation
-Jon
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 02:57:07 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I'm fine with it as long as you don't kinda copypasta hte design since 1) it's stylized for minish cap style artwork and 2) it's a custom desing not using any zelda base so I'd be fine with it if you do some tweeking so it's not the extact same, and give me credit for the design. Also sorry about hte late reply been busy working on an indie game so I really haven't checked zfgc in a few days, same with my email.

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 04:55:02 am »
Well im no painter but here's my atempt at some story line concept art is it a fire... no is it destructice... yes

warning for those with slow internet connections... very large file!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:05:43 am by jonj2040 »
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 01:37:23 am »
would anyone be willing to help with level design like draw a top down view of an area note ant elevation changes or you could also draw a perspective view, what ever you'd like to accomplish the task... if you'd like.  It would be much appreciated, and yes your name would make the credits.

This include dungeon design, and if your dungeon has a special needed item just run it buy me and I'll see if it's practical with my resources mainly the blender engine and my abilities with it. I'll also decide whether or not it fits the scenario.  If it passes I don't know you'll get favoritism on the credits list? or if you have another idea.

Lastly I'd be happy to tech anyone how to use blender, that is if you want to help with the project, sorry I had to make a minor catch XD.   

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:44:42 am by jonj2040 »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 74 queries.

anything