Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jacob1092's Spritey Type Things  (Read 8447 times)

Jacob1092's Spritey Type Things
« on: June 17, 2018, 10:12:57 pm »
I'm new here, but after lurking for a bit and seeing some of the fantastic artwork, I thought it would be a good idea to catalogue some of my edits and animations and things and get some feedback and pointers. There's some stuff that needs some work (most notably Link's sideways animations, I've donked that up somehow >.<) but I'm relatively new to this so advice is appreciated! I've got what follows and will be adding more shortly.

BotW Link (Credit to Beliot419)

BotW Champion Zelda (Credit to @pixelstiks)

BotW White Dress Zelda

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:55:15 pm by Jacob1092 »
Re: Jacob1092's Spritey Type Things
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 01:46:08 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
welcome! looking forward to seeing what you post here!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:56:22 am »
  • It's just Max.
If you're trying to fix Link's side animations, it looks like he's walking backwards now. I'm not a great animator, but perhaps there are too many frames where his foot is moving forward, making it seem slower. The downward walking animations seem like his foot goes forward quicker, and that seems like he's going in the proper direction. Just a guess.

Anyway, good for you for animating things, makes them much more useful for games : ) welcome.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 01:25:39 pm »
If you're trying to fix Link's side animations, it looks like he's walking backwards now. I'm not a great animator, but perhaps there are too many frames where his foot is moving forward, making it seem slower. The downward walking animations seem like his foot goes forward quicker, and that seems like he's going in the proper direction. Just a guess.

Anyway, good for you for animating things, makes them much more useful for games : ) welcome.

You might well be right there, when I insert him into the game he looks like he's moonwalking forward :P I'll try to fix it. I've also noticed the original animations have his head bobbing up and down, so I'll try to incorporate that too.

I've got the sideways animation on another computer and I'm still working on the up, but here's the downwards facing attack animation;

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 12:46:15 am »
I present the following;

Link, attacking in an upwards direction

I've seen a couple of Kasses floating about, wanted to have a stab at it though. No animation for this one (yet) but I've heavily edited and amalgamated both Dreadlock Detective's Teba and SpritingBrad's Kass to form this one here;

Still some work to do but it's 1:45am where I am so bed for now, I think x_x
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 07:09:27 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I edited the head of Kass a bit  :)

EDIT: I also made the side view head
EDIT 2: I also edited my Revali to be the same size as your Kass
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 09:17:54 pm by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 09:34:12 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
As for Link, I like your edits, but I do believe link in MC is supposed to be "Child Link", while in Botw he is an adult.

Some time ago I attempted to make my own version of BotW Link, making him an adult, and Sinkin edited him to be even better. I'll leave it here, you can use it and edit it as you please :)

EDIT: I also found these, but I donĀ“t remember who make them.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:24:57 pm by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 05:12:11 am »

Duuuuuuuuuuuude, Kass looks so much better now! Nice one!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 09:14:15 am »
  • Just call me Brad

Duuuuuuuuuuuude, Kass looks so much better now! Nice one!

Haha thanks man  :)

EDIT: I edited the colors of Kass and Revali a little bit, since the Color palette for characters in MC has to have 15 colors (I also added Link and Daruk as a comparison)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:58:37 am by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 12:29:13 am »
Couple of heavily in progress areas to show.

First is an approximation of Hyrule Castle Town. This is just the blank ground and walls. Initially I had a few buildings in there, but quickly realised if you don't create those sorts of things as objects, collisions and things can't happen. Learning as you go is ever so fun :P I also intend to make another version of this where some of the walls are crumbled and there's a lot less grass. My intent with the game is to set it immediately after BotW. By leaving Castle Town, which will essentially function as the main hub for everything, you can go and quest and do dungeons and stuff, and as the story progresses the town begins to be rebuilt around you. Fun fact; I checked this, and it's approximately a third the size of the entire Minish Cap map. I might have gone slightly overboard, so definitely going to need to throw in a horse at some point!

And then Tarrey Town. This is kind of a mock up in progress. Once I'm ready to build it I'll have to do what I did for Castle Town and strip everything out and put it back in as objects, but I wanted a little practise actually organising where things will be going. Custom stuff like the central fountain and finishing the houses is going to be rather difficult for me, but hey ho. Let me know what you think!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 55 queries.