Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend Of Zelda - The Ruins Of Time [Version 0.08] Items and More  (Read 34835 times)

The Legend Of Zelda - The Ruins Of Time [Version...
« on: April 08, 2006, 09:47:17 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)

=====================
Story:

Hyrule, a paradise of deserts, forests, wonderful cities and amazing people. A place of ultimate peace and rest, away from the violence and evils of the rest of the world. That was what Hyrule was like, before he came.

Long ago a great evil was sealed away in the Temple Of Light, a sacred realm in the Temple Of Time. This great evil was Gandon, the Devil Of The Void. He once ruled the world with unquestionned power, back when the world was new. He grew so powerful he became a god, and he bound the Sacred Triforce into his sword.

For centuries he ruled, until a hero rose up to challenge him. Using Gandon's own sword, he sealed Gandon in the Temple Of Light, and the Sages Of The Past built a great temple around the gateway to the realm, the Temple Of Time, and sealed Gandon inside.

There Gandon remained, until he escaped. A evil man, Gannondorf, Opened the Door Of Time that sealed the Temple Of Light away, and Gandon escaped, killing Gannondorf as he did so. With all his anger and might, Gandon destroyed the Temple Of Time And The Door of Time, before fleeing off to conquer the land.

With out time as a barrier, the monsters of the past began to return to Hyrule, and, under Gandon's command, they began to slay and lay waste to the once beautiful land of Hyrule. People now are either slaves or hidding away from the creatures, either way they are doomed.

One day a young Slave boy escaped from his emprisonment in a black citadel, a castle built and ruled by monsters, and began to wage a war against the creatures domminating the land. His name, Link. Little does Link know it but one day he will fight Gandon and the fate of Hyrule, nay, the World, will rest on his shoulders.

=========================
Screenshots:
-------------------------

=========================
Download
-------------------------

Version 0.08
- Equipping Items added
- Link's got new Hair that looks more like it did in Ocarina Of Time
- NPC's that are flagged as enemies die when you talk to them
- Full Screen has been made work, though it may still be glitchy/laggy at some places
- Starting Data is now controlled by a Sav file
- Items can be picked up off the ground
-A stat menu has been added
Download Version 0.08

======================
Controls
----------------------

Arrow Keys - Move
W - Talk Up
S - Talk Down
A - Talk Left
D - Talk Right
1 - View the Stat Menu
F1 - Return to Main Menu
F5 - Save the Game
F9 - Load the Game
Space - Exit Speech-Box
Esc - Quit

PLEASE NOTE: Your OpenGL Settings MAY stop the program from running correctly in either Full-Screen or Windowed Mode.

=======================
Old Downloads
-----------------------

Version 0.01
- Basic Movement, map loading & Blocking
Download Version 0.01 LoZ-RoT.zip

version 0.02
- New Map To Prevent Crashing
Download Version 0.02 LoZ-RoT.zip

version 0.03
- Map Moving, Title Screen
Download Version 0.03 LoZ-RoT.zip

version 0.04
- Talking NPCs
Download Version 0.04

Version 0.05
- Basic .INI Settings
- Sounds
Download Version 0.05

Version 0.06
- Effects
- New Game and Quit buttons (working) and Load Game button (not working) added to Title Screen
- Map-Jumping inside the same World Map
Download Version 0.06

Version 0.07
- Loading and Saving working
- Returning to the Menu added
- Jumping between two world maps added.
Download Version 0.07

======================
---Credits----

Yagl, Yet Another Game Library, is a OpenGL-based Graphics library for C/C++ and FreeBASIC. It is currently availiable under the Zlib license and can be downloaded at http://goddess.selfip.com/yagl

Moree for the Link Battle and Menu Pose Sprites (Edited By Me).

======================

A brief note of specs:
You computer must be 100% OpenGL compatible to run this program at maximum efficientcy.

======================
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:03:37 pm by TheDarkJay »
Re: The Legend Of Zelda - The Ruins Of Time
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 09:40:15 am »
That's it? It's just a face moving around a big map? O_o
Re: The Legend Of Zelda - The Ruins Of Time
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:47:05 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
That's it? It's just a face moving around a big map? O_o

And sound...and .INI loading. And Npc's talking...I've experienced...techincal difficulty's of a PC kind. For some reason, my new PC clears the screen when i clear the OpenGL buffer. This means I'm gonna have to SOMEHOW stop that or this project is going to end.

In the next Demo they will be (if i can get it fixed)

-More .INI Control
-Cell jumping
-World Map Jumping
-Maybe a sustitude for the battle engine, just until i can get the actual one working
-Multiple Speech Boxes In A Row
-Being able to skip a line in a speech box ( '\n' is new Line )
-Some More Stuff (i hope)

And you will meet Sam The Goblin, the first boss. Hehehe, let's just say i based him off a kid i know...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 08:09:29 pm by TheDarkJay »
Re: The Legend Of Zelda - The Ruins Of Time [ Ne...
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 04:51:18 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
New Screenshot!

We all knew Link loved himself, and this just proves it!

EDIT: The faces are layed over the NPC's and stuff using transparency. The transparency is set when loading the image, and can range from 0.0 (invisible) to 1.0 (solid), this pic is when the transparency is set to 0.25, or 25% transparency.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 04:53:10 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 08:04:16 pm »
Its sad that this Fangame doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. I mean he's making it in C++ whats extremely difficult and takes much more then GM would take.

Piers

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 08:24:42 pm »
Its sad that this Fangame doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. I mean he's making it in C++ whats extremely difficult and takes much more then GM would take.
We'll most people think the graphical style is dumb. I think its origanal for a Zelda game. Also people hate Trm because they don't understand the visual.net is way more complicated then Gm. They expected him to get the same amount of progress that he did in Gm in the same amount of time.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 08:37:38 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
We'll most people think the graphical style is dumb. I think its origanal for a Zelda game. Also people hate Trm because they don't understand the visual.net is way more complicated then Gm. They expected him to get the same amount of progress that he did in Gm in the same amount of time.

Thank you for defending me. I might changed the graphics some time, I just thought ASCII looked cool and wished I could do something in a style like it. But then my head began exploding with ideas and it slowly crawled away from that idea.

Then again, i'm the kind of person who starts off making a game of pong, and end up with a stat-based pong game where you have to destroy barriers and enemies in an anttempt to save the world of the balls from the evil king block, I often crawl away from the original idea.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 08:44:43 pm »

Thank you for defending me. I might changed the graphics some time, I just thought ASCII looked cool and wished I could do something in a style like it. But then my head began exploding with ideas and it slowly crawled away from that idea.

Then again, i'm the kind of person who starts off making a game of pong, and end up with a stat-based pong game where you have to destroy barriers and enemies in an anttempt to save the world of the balls from the evil king block, I often crawl away from the original idea.

Than we've that in common I started TLOZ-GB just as an expirement and know I'm really re-making it. XD
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 11:24:06 pm »
YAGL? Why does everybody use librarys, and not just C++ alone? Your demo was fine, but nothing I havent seen done with BitBlt.
the a o d c
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 07:32:16 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
YAGL? Why does everybody use librarys, and not just C++ alone? Your demo was fine, but nothing I havent seen done with BitBlt.

Um, because you can't do graphics in just C++ alone? Well I don't know how. I know a wee bit of ASM graphics but no way near enough to do anything. I do plan to learn DirectX and/or OpenGL (i know a bit of OpenGL already, VERY little though.). And I am learning basic GBA programming.

On a side note, so far this project is 971 lines long, and that's without the classes and some other stuff I bundled into other files. It hits over 1000 with that stuff added.
Re: The Legend Of Zelda - The Ruins Of Time [Rev...
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 08:04:03 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Okay. It lives! Really sorry about this Massive bump, but this project kinda died on me and I've just revived it. New update contains Map-Jumping, Effects and a bit more to the title screen. I also included some .txt's explaining how the map, npc etc. files work (more just a reference for me than anything else)

Also, please bare in mind I had to hand write (at the time of writing this) 1213 lines of code, which is a lot of hard work. I know why people choose GM, but for me this feels more rewarding...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:06:50 am by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 08:25:16 am »
The new demo is cool.
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 02:05:15 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Thanks. I've been coding for a few hours now, and have got Loading/Saving working and some other things like being able to jump between World Maps. However, so far the save files are Unencypted. Does anyone know a good C/C++ zlib tutorial for encryption and decryption? I may use XOR encryption instead...it's easily crackable but that isn't really much of a problem...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:06:52 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 04:31:04 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I need help. I've retextured the link *ahem* sprite's hair to be a Golden colour more like it was in The Minish Cap and Four Swords, and I can't decide which one I like better.

The new one is on the right, the old one is on the left.
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 04:55:22 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
UPDATE

Okay, I've got Loading, Saving and Returning to the Main Menu working in Version 0.07
Re: The Legend Of Zelda - The Ruins Of Time [Ver...
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 05:45:24 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
For plain C++ this is awesome, I've never really tried the whole C++ thing, but have got experience in C based languages like C#, I never thought the point to, due to having apps that do what I want with more ease, but in reality, a completed C++ project gives a much better feel afterwards than a C# or whatever project. Good luck with your project.
Project: Shadow Behind The Leaves
Dark Basic Pro | Cinema 4D 6 | Hexagon 2 | Blender |  Photoshop 6 | C++/Ogre/Irrlicht | C#/Delphi/Truevision | Torque Game Engine 1.4
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 05:45:58 pm »
for the hair you should mix the two one is not light enough and one is not dark enough
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 12:17:16 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Okay, i've made a new hair colour which seems more like Links hair from OoT

<- Very New

which one should I use? Brown (Top Left), Light Blond (Top Right) or Dark Blond (Bottom)?

I've also made Hostile-Flagged NPC's die when you speak to them, and the game remembers that they have died. So now I just need to add that to saving and I have something there until I add the battle engine! I have finally completed the task of changing almost all Arrays to Vectors, which will save memory because empty memory slots will not be lying around.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 12:21:27 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 01:57:03 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I'm working on the stat menu at the moment. Here is a screenshot of what I have done at the moment.

Clickable Thumbnail

It will eventually show Link holding whatever sword and shield he currently has equipped and wearing whatever tunic he currently has equipped. It will also say a lot more than just his Core stats (and hopefully have a less pixilated image. The current one I have looks good but doesn't look good when it's blown up to 4 times it's original size...)
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 02:32:38 pm »
That link sprite is amazing!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 74 queries.