Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please swap new ZFGC with old ZFGC  (Read 3092 times)

Please swap new ZFGC with old ZFGC
« on: December 14, 2011, 07:45:32 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
As in, make the forums on zfgc.com link to here instead of SMF1 if posting is disabled there <_<

Make it zfgc.com/old or something. Its a backup anyway no sense in making it the primary deal
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
Re: Please swap new ZFGC with old ZFGC
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:28:35 am »
Yeah I agree. Also I know it's probably not a priority but no midnight theme :( My eyes are being raped by the brightness.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 10:33:29 am »
I'll get around to it later today or tomorrow. I had to do the SMF upgrade to a clean installation of SMF 1.1.15 with a duplicate SQL database. This was to be able to revert back quickly if something went wrong with the installation process and to give me some time to clean up the old stuff; I was also expecting a lot of hate for the place and/or not knowing how it would handle the influx of spam-bots. But yeah, altering it so the SMF 2.0.1 version is the the default one wouldn't be too difficult to do and I'll get around to it.

About the brightness of this theme, I don't know if you're saying that just because you're used to the Midnight theme but meh, I had been experimenting with a hue shifted version of the color scheme where the hue would be shifted by at least 15 making the greens darker. I don't know, I'll get around to some version of the Midnight theme eventually too - it'll be called Vaati though.

Edit: I changed the forum -> old and the new -> forum, the old can't be see for some reason not sure if it is something I neglected to edit in relation to paths related to the themes on the old forum or if something in Windy's files depends on the old stuff being on the /forum path. I'll figure all of that out later today but otherwise the default forum is set to this one.

Edit2: I figured out that the reason I couldn't see the old forum was because of errors in the forum locating its theme whatnot but some edits and it is all good. I also installed Stop Forum Spam (and enabled some other features) for this version of the forum because the /forum directory is probably targeted.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:26:43 pm by 4Sword »
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 11:30:04 pm »
I created a darker theme called Vaati hastily by inverting and shifting some of the colors of the Minish theme. It isn't perfect but it should do if the brightness of the default theme bothers you.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 05:29:15 am »
It actually doesn't look half bad. The thing that bothers me the most is the colour of the quote (and probably) code boxes, but it is much easier on the eyes. Thanks.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 07:11:22 pm »
I know that I have been gone for a while and that in the mean time there is an upgrade to SMF 2.0. But did you decide to drop the frontpage site as this links to the forum in image 2.png? And the only way I can post something if I use a bookmarked link and end up on this version of the forum, also shown in 1.png.

In addition when I want to download something from a post attachement I get to download "index.php" instead of the file. What broke down?

[high pitch voice]
"You've got some explaining to do!" :P
[/high pitch voice]
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 07:30:17 pm »
The project/resource tabs which would appear on the menu bar were removed as their functionality and presentation would be somewhat incompatible with the upgraded forum. The old forum should still be able to access the project and resource system which is why it is being left up. About the dropping of the frontpage links, if you are instead talking about why the board names no longer appear on the old forum, I simply hid them as people were browsing the old forum instead of this one. I can unhide them if there is a reason beyond just viewing the topics there.

I am not sure what you mean about the downloading of things.
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 08:07:09 pm »
With the download problem I mean this: when I click on a attachement that isn't an image like in the first pose of this thread http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=38602.0  I get what is in the attachement.

ANd with the front page I mean. When I am on it and go to Community -> Forum, I end up on the old forum. The front page also sends me to beta.zfgc.com but that is probably correct.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 08:33:16 pm »
If I read it right there is a solution posted on the SMF community forums which indicates that the error just occurs with some Firefox versions; someone posted a fix which I will try applying later today. About the Community -> Forum stuff, that menu bar is for the old forum, so going to the link should bring you to the old forum. The front page redirects to where it does because I haven't changed that yet although if I look into it I may be able to figure it out so that it just redirects to this forum.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 02:34:54 am »
I applied a fix I found which allowed me to download attachments in Firefox but based on the reading some information about it, the fix may not work for all files but should work for most files. If anything, a future update to SMF may correct it better. But yeah, it should work now.

I'll look into the redirection stuff now and should hopefully figure something out by the end of the weekend.

Edit: Nevermind, figured out how the redirection was done, now going to zfgc.com will do what the redirection did before, but instead of going from the news.php file of the Infini's old site system to Windy's site system it just goes here.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:46:54 am by 4Sword »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 57 queries.

anything