Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda 1 Bosses in MC style  (Read 16487 times)

Zelda 1 Bosses in MC style
« on: August 25, 2016, 03:29:43 pm »
  • Let's do this.
I would like to recreate Zelda 1 as an adventure map for Zelda Online. Therefore I need all bosses from Legend of Zelda in MC style.
These bosses: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda01-the-legend-of-zelda-boss-guide.php

• Aquamentus
  • Dodongo
  • Manhandla
  • Gleeok
  • Digdogger
  • Gohma
  • Ganon

Probably some of these bosses already are finished or have been started but I just don't found them in the forum. If you find them, post them here, that would be great!
Otherwise we could try to create them based on the sprites we already have.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:50:15 pm by Rayo »
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker
Re: Zelda 1 Bosses in MC style
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 04:21:52 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I would like to recreate Zelda 1 as an adventure map for Zelda Online. Therefore I need all bosses from Legend of Zelda in MC style.
These bosses: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda01-the-legend-of-zelda-boss-guide.php

Probably some of these bosses already are finished or have been started but I just don't found them in the forum. If you find them, post them here, that would be great!
Otherwise we could try to create them based on the sprites we already have.

Well, Pepeztyle did do a good job at making decent sprites of these in an artstyle heavily inspired by Minish Cap:

Aquamentus: http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/62/65605.png
Dodongo: http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/62/65543.png
Manhandla: http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/63/65701.png
Gleeok: http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/62/65542.png
Gohma: http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/63/65669.png

They need a little editing colourwise, but other than that they fit Minish Cap perfectly. :)

Edit: I also made a while back a recolour of ganon using the head you pointed out in my thread. (see attachment)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:26:50 pm by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Thanks, I like Ganon! He is not perfectly Minish Cap style but almost! Manhandla is good as well but it's not the same Manhandla as from Zelda 1. I just found a better one to start with.

Gohma? Ok needs a recolor but a perspective change would be nice as well. Gleeok should be easy to made because he also appears in Minish Cap.
The other sprites are not really MC.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:44:21 pm by Rayo »

• Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 04:50:17 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Thanks, I like Ganon! He is not perfectly Minish Cap style but almost! Manhandla is good as well but it's not the same Manhandla as from Zelda 1. I just found a better one to start with.

Gohma? Ok needs a recolor but a perspective change would be nice as well. Gleeok should be easy to made because he also appears in Minish Cap.
The other sprites are not really MC.

I think the Dodongo looks good. I recoloured it to make him fit Minish cap a lot more.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Ok, Dodongo is not bad. I also tried to change the perspective a bit so that it looks more like Minish Cap:

I also changed the head, did not like it:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:48:06 pm by Rayo »

• Zelda Time Walker

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 09:18:59 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Well, Pepeztyle did do a good job at making decent sprites of these in an artstyle heavily inspired by Minish Cap...

They need a little editing colourwise, but other than that they fit Minish Cap perfectly. :)

The primary issue with Pepeztyle's work is just that: the palette is too deep for Minish Cap style. So you'd have to mess with the coloration, the palette depth, the "texture" of the sprites... and that's if, of course, you can reach Pepez` and he(/she?) gives you permission to edit them.

Pepez`'s Ganon sheet is one that I've been looking forward to for a long time, and he's been giving teasers in the "credits" box for a few of his submissions. That being said, I doubt that that sheet will end up being anything close to a passable Minish Cap Ganon. So while your sprite sheet, SpritingBrad, is actually closer to something likely what a Minish Cap Ganon would/should look like, one can still tell that it's a recolored Oracle Ganon with a few MC elements pasted on...
Can we create a new thread / collaboration to improve that Ganon sheet? I think it'd be worth the effort, as it's the furthest progress I've seen across the entire internet to making a MC Ganon.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 09:31:15 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Well, Pepeztyle did do a good job at making decent sprites of these in an artstyle heavily inspired by Minish Cap...

The primary issue with Pepeztyle's work is just that: the palette is too deep for Minish Cap style. So you'd have to mess with the coloration, the palette depth, the "texture" of the sprites... and that's if, of course, you can reach Pepez` and he(/she?) gives you permission to edit them.

Pepez`'s Ganon sheet is one that I've been looking forward to for a long time, and he's been giving teasers in the "credits" box for a few of his submissions. That being said, I doubt that that sheet will end up being anything close to a passable Minish Cap Ganon. So while your sprite sheet, SpritingBrad, is actually closer to something likely what a Minish Cap Ganon would/should look like, one can still tell that it's a recolored Oracle Ganon with a few MC elements pasted on...
Can we create a new thread / collaboration to improve that Ganon sheet? I think it'd be worth the effort, as it's the furthest progress I've seen across the entire internet to making a MC Ganon.

I´m up for it! Lets do it!

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 03:54:44 am »
Sound like fun! ;) I can help out with these, just another excuse to sprite.
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 05:22:09 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Well then, let's begin.

See the attachment to get an idea of what we're working with. Included is the palette (which needs to be converted to actual, in-game values, possibly using this sheet, as it's what I've been using for a decent palette) and a height comparison.
First thing that jumps out: too many colors on Ganon... Minish Cap uses a maximum of 15 colors per palette (see the Link palette). But I guess if we need to stay true to the source material, there's not much that can be done about that, is there.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:23:40 pm by Miles07 »
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 05:41:33 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Well then, let's begin.

See the attachment to get an idea of what we're working with. Included is the palette (which needs to be converted to actual, in-game values, possibly using this sheet, as it's what I've been using for a decent palette) and a height comparison.
First thing that jumps out: too many colors on Ganon... Minish Cap uses a maximum of 15 colors per palette (see the Link palette). But I guess if we need to stay true to the source material, there's not much that can be done about that, is there.

I removed a lot of colours to make a 16 colour palete (So close XD). I changed the gold on the chestplate to a bone colour, which still looks good. We might need to edit the colours to the ones from MC so they are more fitting. The chestplate need to be edited though, looks wierd (and that´s coming from the one who recoloured it in the first place :P)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:44:04 pm by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 06:00:24 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Minish Cap uses a maximum of 15 colors per palette (see the Link palette)
Maybe but I definitely can say that this is not the correct Link palette since he wears red shoes, not brown ones.

• Zelda Time Walker

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 06:33:50 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Ah yes, my mistake. That was a sprite I use for references... Fixing...

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 07:40:48 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I attempted the side and back view for the head, if we ever decide to use  those :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:44:16 pm by SpritingBrad »
Mc Ganon Big Update
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 10:12:14 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I made a huge improvement of Ganon overall. I changed the palette entirely with MC colours. I edited the chestplate and the legs to be MC styled and I removed the arms because I think they can be improved.
I put an alternate colour variation for if we decide to change the chestplate pallete.

I overall like the result!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:29:16 am by SpritingBrad »

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 12:53:32 pm »
  • .越//
Looks good SpritingBrad, just a Suggestion: Golden Armor and Silver Skull or vise versa

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 01:09:33 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Looks good SpritingBrad, just a Suggestion: Golden Armor and Silver Skull or vise versa
That would be too many colours right? The palette HAS to be made of 15 colours (according to Miles) But we can make an exception.

I mean, its adding three more colours, so why not?

Edti: Actually, nevermind, I found out how.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:18:02 pm by SpritingBrad »
MC Ganon with trident and walking
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 05:36:51 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I attempted to make Ganon walk with and without the trident, and attempted the arms. I think it looks alright, but thats all I can do :/

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 07:19:47 pm »
I remade Ganon's body and slightly modified the head, also I edited some of the colors and now we have another slot for an extra color.
I wasn't so sure about the legs and feet so I made two versions. You can decide which is best :)
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 07:35:07 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I remade Ganon's body and slightly modified the head, also I edited some of the colors and now we have another slot for an extra color.
I wasn't so sure about the legs and feet so I made two versions. You can decide which is best :)

You never cease to amaze me...
THAT´S INCREDIBLE! AMAZING! AWESOME!

I personally like the fisrt legs better, they look more pig-like and they remind me of the moblin ones.
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 08:21:04 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Looks very nice! I've tried to improve the legs and the eyes:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:29:53 pm by Rayo »

• Zelda Time Walker
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 78 queries.

anything