Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's so special about Fallout 3?  (Read 1527 times)

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
What's so special about Fallout 3?
« on: October 02, 2008, 06:44:05 pm »
  • :3
Just seems like your average FPS to me, and the whole "choose a body part to aim at" is pretty crappy, tight butthole. LOL GUARANTEED HEADSHOT! Yes, I'm aware you can aim, but what's the point in having an auto-aim tool that can even be used on rockets? There's too much brown, and the post-apocalyptic thing is getting really tired now.
Gannon-banned brother.

Re: What's so special about Fallout 3?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:50:07 pm »
play Fallout 1 and 2, and then come back here and ask what's so special about Fallout 3.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 06:55:02 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
The auto-aiming is based on stats and chance. STATS AND CHANCE! I haven't seen them in main-stream Console games in a looooong time :P
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:56:07 pm »
Just seems like your average FPS to me, and the whole "choose a body part to aim at" is pretty crappy, tight butthole. LOL GUARANTEED HEADSHOT! Yes, I'm aware you can aim, but what's the point in having an auto-aim tool that can even be used on rockets? There's too much brown, and the post-apocalyptic thing is getting really tired now.

Theres too much brown?

Cos yeah y'know, after a nuclear bomb goes off its all Green fields and rainbows?

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:02:37 pm »

Theres too much brown?

Cos yeah y'know, after a nuclear bomb goes off its all Green fields and rainbows?
Think outside the box- the radiation given off could affect the colours of things. Remember, it's a game, it doesn't have to follow scientific law 100%. In fact, couldn't they make it so the radiation affects the character's vision in some way?

But anyway, too much brown, could at least do with a blue sky or something to liven it up. !@#$%'s boring.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:08:36 pm »

Theres too much brown?

Think outside the box- the radiation given off could affect the colours of things. Remember, it's a game, it doesn't have to follow scientific law 100%. In fact, couldn't they make it so the radiation affects the character's vision in some way?

But anyway, too much brown, could at least do with a blue sky or something to liven it up. !@#$%'s boring.

If you really wanna play some colourful game I heard preschool games are still being made...
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 07:08:44 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Play Fallout and Fallout 2. Laugh, love them, never be able to look at fancy 3D RPGs again. Fallout 1 and 2 are RPGs, and so-help-me if Bethesda screws Fallout 3 over by making it too "trigger-happy"-friendly, I will hunt down the designers, devour their children, then I shall rip out the designers and publishers heats, and (using the still-beating heart) beat them to death.

The originals are a wonderful satire, deadly serious yet dosed in dark humour. The message behind them, now a done-and-dusted-and-cliché concept, wasn't so much so when Fallout was released originally: Global, nuclear war due to increasing demand and decreasing supplies of gas and oil.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:12:08 pm by TheDarkJay »

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:25:38 pm »
Play Fallout and Fallout 2. Laugh, love them, never be able to look at fancy 3D RPGs again. Fallout 1 and 2 are RPGs, and so-help-me if Bethesda screws Fallout 3 over by making it too "trigger-happy"-friendly, I will hunt down the designers, devour their children, then I shall rip out the designers and publishers heats, and (using the still-beating heart) beat them to death.

The originals are a wonderful satire, deadly serious yet dosed in dark humour. The message behind them, now a done-and-dusted-and-cliché concept, wasn't so much so when Fallout was released originally: Global, nuclear war due to increasing demand and decreasing supplies of gas and oil.
Oh, so it's an RPG! Well that makes it a little better, then, since it's actually doing what RPGs never do. Still, the plot's pretty lame, but then again it is the third in a series that was original at first, so it's forgiveable.

If you really wanna play some colourful game I heard preschool games are still being made...
i herd u liek gtavi nd tf2 :)))))))))))))))))
I love how you dismiss colourful games there. I know you're trolling, but I have to say it, developers who constantly brag about HD qualities really don't use HD TVs to their full potential. I've so many brown shooters they all kinda feel like the same game.

I'm interested in how it works as an RPG now. And are there any interesting locations within this desolate Washington setting?
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 07:31:27 pm »
The Fallout games were a marvel. They worked along a set of basic and important principles and remained true to them, which Bethesda also aspires to do. Straight from the official Fallout 3 website:

Mega levels of violence.
There is often no right solution.
There will always be multiple solutions.
The players actions affect the world.
There is a sense of urgency.
It's open ended.
The player will have a goal.
The player has control of his actions.
Simple Interface.
Speech will be lip-synched with the animation.
A wide variety of weapons and actions.
Detailed character creation rules.
The [development] Team is Motivated.

These are from the Fallout Vision Statement Interplay devised before actual work on Fallout began. All of these are principles at the heart of every Fallout game. They were what made Fallout innovative, fresh, and unique. Many games have attempted to recreate the atmosphere and adopt several of these principles (many of which have become cliche since then), but none have effectively captured what makes Fallout so great. How many games actually allow those with high Charisma to talk their way through important situations, even including the final boss? When they say there will always be multiple solutions, they mean it.

Fallout 3 is the first true Fallout sequel in over half a decade. Since Black Isle studios was disbanded, many feared they would never see another Fallout game. And now a sequel has been made by the excellent developers of Oblivion, who haven't proven their open-world RPG chops again and again with the Elder Scrolls series. Fallout 3 is in extremely capable hands, and it is evident that Bethesda has remained faithful to the Fallout universe while adding their own flair to it. For me, this is just about the most anticipated game of a lifetime.

Also, some websites that should help you understand:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/home.php?fbid=Za0GN
http://www.prepareforthefuture.com

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 07:44:50 pm »
The Fallout games were a marvel. They worked along a set of basic and important principles and remained true to them, which Bethesda also aspires to do. Straight from the official Fallout 3 website:

Mega levels of violence.
There is often no right solution.
There will always be multiple solutions.
The players actions affect the world.
There is a sense of urgency.
It's open ended.
The player will have a goal.
The player has control of his actions.
Simple Interface.
Speech will be lip-synched with the animation.
A wide variety of weapons and actions.
Detailed character creation rules.
The [development] Team is Motivated.

These are from the Fallout Vision Statement Interplay devised before actual work on Fallout began. All of these are principles at the heart of every Fallout game. They were what made Fallout innovative, fresh, and unique. Many games have attempted to recreate the atmosphere and adopt several of these principles (many of which have become cliche since then), but none have effectively captured what makes Fallout so great. How many games actually allow those with high Charisma to talk their way through important situations, even including the final boss? When they say there will always be multiple solutions, they mean it.

Fallout 3 is the first true Fallout sequel in over half a decade. Since Black Isle studios was disbanded, many feared they would never see another Fallout game. And now a sequel has been made by the excellent developers of Oblivion, who haven't proven their open-world RPG chops again and again with the Elder Scrolls series. Fallout 3 is in extremely capable hands, and it is evident that Bethesda has remained faithful to the Fallout universe while adding their own flair to it. For me, this is just about the most anticipated game of a lifetime.

Also, some websites that should help you understand:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/home.php?fbid=Za0GN
http://www.prepareforthefuture.com
Thanks, that was all I needed. Topic locked.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 07:55:09 pm »
I love how you dismiss colourful games there. I know you're trolling, but I have to say it, developers who constantly brag about HD qualities really don't use HD TVs to their full potential. I've so many brown shooters they all kinda feel like the same game.

GTA4 and TF2 arn't...set...in...post...apocalyptic worlds.

Furthermore, GTA 4 ain't that colourful.

Also trolling? All I'm saying is if a !@#$% nuke went off the world wont be a colourful place O_o

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 08:10:31 pm »

GTA4 and TF2 arn't...set...in...post...apocalyptic worlds.

Furthermore, GTA 4 ain't that colourful.

Also trolling? All I'm saying is if a !@#$% nuke went off the world wont be a colourful place O_o
Yes, trolling, you basically said colourful games are for playskool kids. I didn't mean colourful in the context of rainbows, but colourful as in weird !@#$%, like a rat glowing bright green or something. Anyway, topic LOCKED.
Gannon-banned brother.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 61 queries.